New look - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Exterior Semi-Tech General discussion of exterior for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-12-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
New look

So I took a few updated pics of the '94. The things I changed were-- tonneau cover/'07 tail lights and mirrors/explorer sport trac adrenaline rims/new headlights and signal lights/and painted a bunch of stuff black. I bought it 10 months ago, and this is what it looked like.

Name:  n509242348_1584128_5380.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  55.3 KB
Name:  n509242348_1584130_6112.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  42.0 KB
Name:  n509242348_1584131_6435.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  52.4 KB

This is what it looks like now. Still need a few parts, and it desperately needs a complete color change.

Name:  P1050112.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  95.5 KB
Name:  P1050119.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  166.7 KB
Name:  P1050122.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  159.1 KB
Name:  P1050126.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  130.5 KB
Name:  P1050130.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  162.1 KB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-2009
Lazler's Avatar
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 5,526
nice! looks great man!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
ditch the flares and the front plate and it will be even better, gen 3 ftw

edit : needs a shorty billet antenna too
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2009
Lazler's Avatar
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 5,526
^^ notice where he is from? haha
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
wow... really? i mean come on now thats like 15 of you noobs in the last 2 weeks...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-13-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
ditch the flares and the front plate and it will be even better, gen 3 ftw
I'm putting '02 Edge flares on it. and it's illegal to have no front plate where I live.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
its illegal for me too but that didnt stop me haha
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2009
Lazler's Avatar
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 5,526
^^ u painting the flares black chris?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazler View Post
^^ u painting the flares black chris?
Every things going HOK Candy Apple Red. Also installing a flush mount LED third brake light, 4X4 front valance with fog lights, welding in a roll pan, shaving all the emblems, tail gate handle, and tonneau cover lock(using an actuator to open it). That probably won't be happening until this winter though, I'm just too busy at the shop to work on my own ****. haha
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-13-2009
billet03's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: centralcity, KY
Posts: 771
nice, looks good so far.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by dranged View Post
Every things going HOK Candy Apple Red. Also installing a flush mount LED third brake light, 4X4 front valance with fog lights, welding in a roll pan, shaving all the emblems, tail gate handle, and tonneau cover lock(using an actuator to open it). That probably won't be happening until this winter though, I'm just too busy at the shop to work on my own ****. haha
a 4x4 valance is sweet on our generation, im getting ready to install mine and some lights for it, how come yours doesnt have it, i thought the only ones that got flares were the 4x4?


and btw, good luck finding those fog light brackets, you might be better off fabing your own because theyre a rare thing, i searched for a couple months before i came across some a member had currently taken off his truck
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-13-2009
Lazler's Avatar
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 5,526
haha nice! so ur whole truck is gonna be hok candy apple red?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-13-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
a 4x4 valance is sweet on our generation, im getting ready to install mine and some lights for it, how come yours doesnt have it, i thought the only ones that got flares were the 4x4?


and btw, good luck finding those fog light brackets, you might be better off fabing your own because theyre a rare thing, i searched for a couple months before i came across some a member had currently taken off his truck
Honestly, I have no idea why it doesn't have the 4X4 valance, maybe somewhere along the way it got ripped off and the previous owner just threw a regular one on. I'm not too worried about it, at my cost it will only be $15-$20. As for the flares, my truck is a 4X4.
I will more then likely fab up some brackets, much easier then trying to hunt down factory ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazler View Post
haha nice! so ur whole truck is gonna be hok candy apple red?
Yup.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
fabbing some up would be cheaper and lighter on your truck, as the OEM ones are CAST IRON lol, are you gonna paint the valance to match the bumper pad and impact strip on the front?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-13-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
fabbing some up would be cheaper and lighter on your truck, as the OEM ones are CAST IRON lol, are you gonna paint the valance to match the bumper pad and impact strip on the front?
Yup, everything will be color matched. I'm also going to smooth them out a bit so they aren't textured.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
why the rollpan on a 4x4? to each his own but dont you want to be able to tow things if need be lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-13-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
why the rollpan on a 4x4? to each his own but dont you want to be able to tow things if need be lol
It wont be a problem towing things with a roll pan. haha
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
tell that to laz... who thought about it then realised the work wasnt worth it to make it work lol
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-13-2009
Lazler's Avatar
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 5,526
sweet can't wait to see it when its all done!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-13-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
tell that to laz... who thought about it then realised the work wasnt worth it to make it work lol
haha, I own a body shop, so it's not that big of a deal. Might have to notch it here and there, but it can be done and it can look great also.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
cool so can i drive up there and have you shave my doors and tailgate and smooth the pan laz is sending me for free? haha
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-13-2009
Lazler's Avatar
Senior Member
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Posts: 5,526
^^ he has the tools and hook ups haha i do not lol nor the moneys
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-13-2009
Ford04Ranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plattsburgh, New York
Posts: 3,390
Looks good
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-13-2009
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakes View Post
cool so can i drive up there and have you shave my doors and tailgate and smooth the pan laz is sending me for free? haha
Sure, if you want to drive 35 hours to get here, I will do it for ya. It would probably be cheaper for you to have it done near you though. haha
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-13-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
i gotta go up there to get my pan from laz anyway....


just kidding.. im not about to drive 2500 miles each way lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo on 3.0 ranger??? LOOK LOOK!!!! Matt162b 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 14 11-14-2010 01:00 PM
New Tires/New Look!!! JakeH05 Snapshots 31 07-31-2010 08:50 PM
Look Look! The mailman just came!! Seb_L Suspension Tech 17 03-16-2010 11:57 PM
look look look ... bruiser General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 11-27-2007 04:37 PM
Look what I am going to look at! HAZZARDJOHN General Ford Ranger Discussion 37 07-17-2006 04:24 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.