to all the haters on my sas thread. pics inside. - Page 5 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Fabrication & Tool Tech Need assistance with or ideas for custom metal fabrication? Want to show off your fabrication abilities or custom modifications? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #101  
Old 04-18-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger
same here brother.

i am tired of a *person* who talkes crap in every sas thread and he hasnt even finished his sas. and other*people* have done 2 and no problems.
I love you too...


But your right I havent finished my SAS, but I have helped build numerous other vehicles(2 XJ's, 1 FJ40, 1 Solid Axle Trooper, 1 one ton ZJ), Just because mine isn't done doesn't mean anything. Ive allready explained numerous times that, I don't even live in the same state as the truck, makes it kinda hard to work on it.

You want to know what really kills me is that all you guys that have no idea what or where to start an SAS (not a bad thing everyone has to start somewhere) see stuff like this and think this is normal and ok. It paints a very bad picture to people who are trying to do research and are plaining to do a build themselves. I know my tone isnt always the nicest you can thank Pirate4x4 for that one. But When I get stupid responces like Its his truck let him build it how he wants, thats great but he has to share trails and mud with other people. If I didnt say anything and just left it alone, who would tell guys who are just starting research for SAS's that this setup isnt safe or recomended? Obviously not you.

Last edited by redranger4.0; 04-18-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-18-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: homosassa,fl
Posts: 283
the reason i say its just a mud truck is cause it aint going 60 down the road and i dont have to drive it to work the next day
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-18-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Well, just by experience, that truck is built a lot better than 75 percent of the mud trucks at truckfest this past weekend.

I love 3ft body lifts now! At least the bronco isn't on a huge BL. It is built fine, IMO, for a FL mud truck. Not a rock crawler, but a fl mud truck it is fine. They take a lot of abuse, and they break, but you just fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-18-2007
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
I love you too...


But your right I havent finished my SAS, but I have helped build numerous other vehicles(2 XJ's, 1 FJ40, 1 Solid Axle Trooper, 1 one ton ZJ), Just because mine isn't done doesn't mean anything. Ive allready explained numerous times that, I don't even live in the same state as the truck, makes it kinda hard to work on it.

You want to know what really kills me is that all you guys that have no idea what or where to start an SAS (not a bad thing everyone has to start somewhere) see stuff like this and think this is normal and ok. It paints a very bad picture to people who are trying to do research and are plaining to do a build themselves. I know my tone isnt always the nicest you can thank Pirate4x4 for that one. But When I get stupid responces like Its his truck let him build it how he wants, thats great but he has to share trails and mud with other people. If I didnt say anything and just left it alone, who would tell guys who are just starting research for SAS's that this setup isnt safe or recomended? Obviously not you.
i am not trying to bash you i do understand where you are coming from though on the let him build his truck how he wants, and people do need advise but it seems that you want them to bulid it the way you would build it.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-24-2007
icb12's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: there
Posts: 175
You get a really really good reception here Andrew... you have quite the following. I think they're starting to warm up to you and love you for who you really are.. lol..

that xy plane stuff that was good info.. ver nice.. Its all about those strength of materials classes.. My favorites..
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-23-2007
00stepside's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: castle rock, colorado
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
Well, I think that stuff they use to go under tile would be better -- heavier duty maybe.

Personally, I prefer plywood if you use pressure treated so you can do water crossings.

(okay, that was mean, lol...)

its called hardy backer or board, or wonder board same thing
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-23-2007
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by icb12
Its all about those strength of materials classes.. My favorites..
oh yeah, those were fun
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-13-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: san jose, ca
Posts: 15
dana 50 cool lift blocks in the front gayer than aids
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-14-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 731
^^ Please return with a reply when you can form a coherent sentence.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-14-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: crystal river,fl
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE RHINO
dana 50 cool lift blocks in the front gayer than aids
watch it cowboy.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-14-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE RHINO
dana 50 cool lift blocks in the front gayer than aids
youll have to excuse rhino he hails from pirate and over at pirate there are no rules.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-14-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
youll have to excuse rhino he hails from pirate and over at pirate there are no rules.
Just from reading his post, I'd have to say it's not a product of pirate that caused such a grammatical murder. Though his post's content may very well be the product of that forum no doubt.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-15-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: san jose, ca
Posts: 15
blah? im allowed my opinion putting anythin jeep on a ford is a sin
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-15-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by D94R
Just from reading his post, I'd have to say it's not a product of pirate that caused such a grammatical murder. Though his post's content may very well be the product of that forum no doubt.
You need to go to pirate and see. They're a bunch of foulmouthed rednecks, but they know their ****.


And White Rhino, Anything Jeep is an upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-15-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
And White Rhino, Anything Jeep is an upgrade.
I disagree a D30 is a down grade
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-15-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
I disagree a D30 is a down grade
Bull****, the stock IFS is the honda civic of axles and that jeep Dana 30 is a mercedes(A metaphor for both if you can't tell). Of course a dana 44 is worlds better, but just having a solid axle, even with stock tires, is much better.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-15-2007
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Dana 30 seems stronger than our IFS...notice I said seems....

I dunno though, that would be a test to compare, I mean, I know a few jeeps on 35's that don't break too much on their stock axles, then again, we don't really break much either, just wear stuff out...

Now jeeps on 37's...emmmmm, yes they have d44's and up that I know of because they would/have broke their d30's
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-15-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130
Dana 30 seems stronger than our IFS...notice I said seems....

I dunno though, that would be a test to compare, I mean, I know a few jeeps on 35's that don't break too much on their stock axles, then again, we don't really break much either, just wear stuff out...

Now jeeps on 37's...emmmmm, yes they have d44's and up that I know of because they would/have broke their d30's
ACtually the D30 has a really good rep for its size. I have some friends in a club up here who have ran 35s front back locked for years with no problems. Oh yah, replaced rear axle, dana35 is huge piece of crap.

But I'm also thinking of the articulation and advantages of the solid axle in place of our lame ranger IFS.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-15-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
ACtually the D30 has a really good rep for its size. I have some friends in a club up here who have ran 35s front back locked for years with no problems. Oh yah, replaced rear axle, dana35 is huge piece of crap.

But I'm also thinking of the articulation and advantages of the solid axle in place of our lame ranger IFS.
I have had the exact opposite happen, we have had 4 different cherokees that are stock that we wheeled and everyone the d30 was the first thing to give up.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 06-15-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: homosassa,fl
Posts: 283
well we got the dana 30 for free and we only got about 700-1000 dollars in the whole projet. i figure another 39000 and well be ready for the truck shows
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 06-15-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBowtie
well we got the dana 30 for free and we only got about 700-1000 dollars in the whole projet. i figure another 39000 and well be ready for the truck shows
you mean 39000 to buy a completely different truck?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-15-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
I have had the exact opposite happen, we have had 4 different cherokees that are stock that we wheeled and everyone the d30 was the first thing to give up.
well ask what *wrangler* guys think about the dana 30. Oh, kindof important to note. Obviously a different vehicle weight and engine choice, which could be important.


But I'm happy with my jeep with dana 44s. Actually I'm not haha, I'm thinking I should upgrade like you told me to.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-16-2007
gumby's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: indy
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
well ask what *wrangler* guys think about the dana 30. Oh, kindof important to note. Obviously a different vehicle weight and engine choice, which could be important.
so then youre gonna take that *awesome* wrangler D30 and stick it under a ranger, which weighs more than a cherokee, and its still gonna be good?

i doubt sayin a D30 is better suited to a wrangler than a cherokee is a good argument for swappin it to a ranger
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-17-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: crystal river,fl
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0
I disagree a D30 is a down grade
i beg to differ friend. a dana 30 was an upgrade from the dana 28.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-17-2007
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrebel125
i beg to differ friend. a dana 30 was an upgrade from the dana 28.

i agree with you on that, but i think he was comparing the d30 to the 98+ rangers IFS


but hell, anything is better then a dana28, i cant wait to kill mine
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6.0L diesel haters RazorsEDGE General Ford Discussion 15 08-11-2011 11:18 PM
For the haters!!!!! Downey Snapshots 52 05-08-2009 07:05 AM
Fx4wannabe's "Bring on the haters" aka Ver. 1.4(56k nonono) Fx4wannabe01 Snapshots 98 10-21-2008 04:31 AM
For the haters... LowMaz General Ford Ranger Discussion 164 05-11-2008 11:11 PM
A thread just for you "Dirty Driveshaft Haters" Needforspeed3685 General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 09-03-2007 11:38 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.