Front bumper pics - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Fabrication & Tool Tech Need assistance with or ideas for custom metal fabrication? Want to show off your fabrication abilities or custom modifications? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-31-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Front bumper pics

..well kinda.

those 45s shouldn't be there (too much angle), and it wasn't going to be tucked up to far against the winch. but a few n00b cuts later it didn't come out lookin too bad. I just don't have enough 2x3 left to even complete one side soooo its gonna have to wait till after krocks. It will serve its purpose to protect the radiator and winch as is.

Its BEEFY.. not going anywhere, I'm gonna weld on a support on the back of both sides back to the top of the frame rails for even more beef.

anywho.. onto the pics.

OH! And you can check out my ridiculously beefy new front receiver too, I'm still going to beef that up more as well.

ANDDD i chopped up my old skid plate, and made a new one There's been a few times I've come way too close to taking out the condenser and/or radiator.


Name:  DSC_5184.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  138.2 KB

Name:  DSC_5185.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  DSC_5186.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  116.6 KB


yep, thats a leaf spring welded to the top of the skid to keep the skid from being pushed up and into the radiator.. yes its probably the most ghetto thing on the truck but damnit it will hold.

Name:  DSC_5188.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  131.2 KB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
what.. everyone demands pics.. but no one comes to see?

losers



--what color should i paint it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
black! looks really good man

didnt know you had a body lift on there too

but yeah badass, im gettin real close to gettin a winch, so i gotta figure out how i wanna fab it into my front bumper
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: College Station
Posts: 2,781
black..

I think this is the first time I've seen your truck close up.. and it's very interesting.. lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-01-2009
02BlkEDGE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Crystal River, Florida
Posts: 182
haha i think it looks pretty cool and def beefy really like the grenade looks bada$$
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-01-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
a body lift is most of the lift i have!

the only lift i have in the back is the RCD shackle.. stock explorer leaves, no AAL, no blocks.

but the list keeps racking up of **** that has to come off/ be heavily modified if the body lift were to come off.
-shifter modified AGAIN
-sliders redone
-gotta move the radiator or reverse the front shackles so they dont hit the radiator
-inner fenders cut for shock hoops
-front end trimmed more for the winch
-trimming for the steering box
-now i gotta make it work with my bumper
-soon to have to change what ever i do for a rear bumper.
-gotta rework my cooler holder


yea it'll be a PITA. I think I'm gonna have Kevan machine me some billet aluminum lift blocks and get some stupid strong bolts for the body mounts, then do solid mounts at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-01-2009
dantheman's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 238
sweet
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-01-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX2.3 View Post
black..

I think this is the first time I've seen your truck close up.. and it's very interesting.. lol
better be a good interesting or I'll drive my happy *** up there and test exactly how strong that thing is
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-01-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
a body lift is most of the lift i have!

the only lift i have in the back is the RCD shackle.. stock explorer leaves, no AAL, no blocks.

but the list keeps racking up of **** that has to come off/ be heavily modified if the body lift were to come off.
-shifter modified AGAIN
-sliders redone
-gotta move the radiator or reverse the front shackles so they dont hit the radiator
-inner fenders cut for shock hoops
-front end trimmed more for the winch
-trimming for the steering box
-now i gotta make it work with my bumper
-soon to have to change what ever i do for a rear bumper.
-gotta rework my cooler holder


yea it'll be a PITA. I think I'm gonna have Kevan machine me some billet aluminum lift blocks and get some stupid strong bolts for the body mounts, then do solid mounts at the same time.
right on. i hear ya on that though.

so far, im at sliders front bumper, and a few other random things that are "body lift specific" you could call it. theres really no goin back lol. but im nowhere near as far as you are yet haha
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
I think "functional" describes this bumper and skid plate... as far as looks go, well... I am undecided lol. Its not really how I would have designed it.

Who cares though: Function > Form
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-01-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
... also, I would like to see a full pic of the truck and bumper! its hard to tell how it looks with all these close ups
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: College Station
Posts: 2,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
better be a good interesting or I'll drive my happy *** up there and test exactly how strong that thing is
well, that's not a bumper, looks more like an impaler..

lol

and why is your *** so happy?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-01-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
i think it'll probably look a lot better once you extend it out on both sides
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-01-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
I think "functional" describes this bumper and skid plate... as far as looks go, well... I am undecided lol. Its not really how I would have designed it.

Who cares though: Function > Form
well i would have done the skid differently too.. but I'm working on a budget trying to get this thing as bomb proof as i can before katemcy.

it should look a bunch better when I'm done.

Name:  front1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  126.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
... also, I would like to see a full pic of the truck and bumper! its hard to tell how it looks with all these close ups
I need a camera, i have to get my step dad out there with his fancy camera to take pics all the time. and it was up against the garage in the driveway pretty much. I'll get a better one if i get a chance tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 View Post
i think it'll probably look a lot better once you extend it out on both sides
yea, i was holding the left over tube up to it, looking at how it should come out and it should be pretty mean looking!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-01-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
sweet dude can't wait to see the finished product!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-01-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
the concept pic looks great... and yeah, it DEFINITELY looks freakin bombproof!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-01-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
i prefer the term zombie proof. lol thats what i call mine

im ready for the zombie apocalypse :)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-01-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
meh, need more across the radiator if I'm gonna go plowing into zombies
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-01-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 View Post
i prefer the term zombie proof. lol thats what i call mine

im ready for the zombie apocalypse :)
Hell yeah! lol. Im all ready for the zombies too, including a couple AR-15's and about 3k rounds of 5.56 that Ive been collecting since the last election... I swear, im not paranoid lol
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-01-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
It'll look good when it's done, right now it looks like a hardcore version of that WAAG push bumper thing that everyone loves lol.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-01-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
It'll look good when it's done, right now it looks like a hardcore version of that WAAG push bumper thing that everyone loves lol.
my push bar will kick your push bars ***!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-01-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
my push bar will kick your push bars ***!!!!
especially one of those WAAG things...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-01-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
Hell yeah! lol. Im all ready for the zombies too, including a couple AR-15's and about 3k rounds of 5.56 that Ive been collecting since the last election... I swear, im not paranoid lol
seeing as you cant shoot an ar-15 accuratley and drive at the same time.. i think you need a co pilot
id rather be sitting in a lifted ranger come the zombie apoc than my lowered one lol
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-01-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
are you planning on adding to it and carrying it around the sides or what?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-01-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Nice start. Are gonna be able to remove the winch if you need to?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prerunner front bumper pics? cory07ranger4x4 Exterior Semi-Tech 27 06-05-2011 11:48 PM
Want to Buy: Front Bumper Brackets for Body Lift, Bed Swap and 04+ Bumper?? xp1ik99 Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 5 10-05-2010 07:57 AM
Want to Buy: stx front bumper/ striker bumper fnimgrtone Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 0 04-05-2010 09:28 PM
bumper bumper bumper INT3RC3PTOR Fabrication & Tool Tech 60 08-08-2006 11:03 PM
The First Pics Of The New Front Bumper redneckff7 Fabrication & Tool Tech 12 10-31-2005 03:47 PM


Tags
beef, bumper, front receiver, push bar, winch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.