Who says I ignore the Ranger now.... - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Fabrication & Tool Tech Need assistance with or ideas for custom metal fabrication? Want to show off your fabrication abilities or custom modifications? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-26-2006
buckgnarly's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Topsham, VT
Posts: 1,709
Who says I ignore the Ranger now....

Since the old "Battle Axe" took over the reins of the Ranger, I decided to do away with a permanent winch mount bumper. I picked up a hitch off a van at the JY, cut it down, then welded between the frame rails. Probably get a receiver mount/quick dissconnect soon for the Warn. Even managed to rework the skid plate for the third time to work with the latest "improvement"...

Name:  hitchsidefront.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  144.5 KB
Name:  hitchside.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  39.5 KB
Name:  Hitchfront.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  38.9 KB
Name:  Hitch.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  44.9 KB

On a side note, don't they look so good together...
Name:  JeepandRanger.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  40.2 KB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
looks good. i bet the valance would even work with that on there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2006
buckgnarly's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Topsham, VT
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
looks good. i bet the valance would even work with that on there.

I thought about that, but I have already cut the valence for the LV2 hooks I used to have, I don't have fog lights anymore (sold them)...so I think I'll leave it. I kind of dig the no valence look that so many are sporting on here anyway...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2006
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
The "battle axe"? Cmon, you can think up something better than that. A truck shouldn't be something so "specific". Go with "beast" or "rubiclone"(wait, i bet urs is actually a rubi isn't it?) or something cool. Not an item out of a dungeons and dragons book.

It looks good without valance. I wonder what it'd be like if you spraypainted the skidplate black.

Aaron
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2006
buckgnarly's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Topsham, VT
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger
The "battle axe"? Cmon, you can think up something better than that. A truck shouldn't be something so "specific". Go with "beast" or "rubiclone"(wait, i bet urs is actually a rubi isn't it?) or something cool. Not an item out of a dungeons and dragons book.

It looks good without valance. I wonder what it'd be like if you spraypainted the skidplate black.

Aaron
huh? By "Battle Axe", I mean my wife! She drives the Ranger now, the Rubicon is mine, well, kind of
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2006
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
The hitch looks Good, but the skid plate looks kinda crooked. What's that wire coming out of the grill?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Looks pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-26-2006
buckgnarly's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Topsham, VT
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger01
The hitch looks Good, but the skid plate looks kinda crooked. What's that wire coming out of the grill?

Yeah, it's crooked, but so is the bumper!...don't plan on entering any shows anyway....she wouldn't win anyway...

The wire is the ground left over from my winch. As soon as I get teh mount and disconnects it will be reconnected.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-26-2006
Therhinosranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: bridgeport, wv
Posts: 259
what did u end up doin wiht the bumper
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2006
buckgnarly's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Topsham, VT
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therhinosranger
what did u end up doin wiht the bumper
Still got it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-26-2006
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckgnarly
huh? By "Battle Axe", I mean my wife! She drives the Ranger now, the Rubicon is mine, well, kind of

I'm tellin ur wife. You're so in trouble.

Aaron
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-26-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckgnarly
On a side note, don't they look so good together...
And on the first hand, the two of you don't look so good together either! Demetra could of done better -- it must be your personality or something......(and no, I DON'T want to know, lol...)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-26-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Somewhere, XYZ
Posts: 4,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
Demetra could of done better
What woman couldn't?!? Like Mrs n3elz couldn't have! Yeah, whatever..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-26-2006
KARPE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valrico, Fl 33594
Posts: 4,748
lol I didnt even know you had a ranger haha
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-26-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBubba
What woman couldn't?!? Like Mrs n3elz couldn't have! Yeah, whatever..
Ha ha! No argument here! She's too good for me!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-26-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARPE
lol I didnt even know you had a ranger haha
Yes, he started with one, and I met him through the old GenEdge and HE'S the guy that talked me into offroading my 2WD. Blame him -- I do...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-26-2006
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
Yes, he started with one, and I met him through the old GenEdge and HE'S the guy that talked me into offroading my 2WD. Blame him -- I do...
and blame you i do for wheeling my one wheel wonder so i guess its all carl's fault
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-27-2006
buckgnarly's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Topsham, VT
Posts: 1,709
Yes, between the EATC, key pad, light tabs, LEDs in the dash, 2wd John offroading, I guess you could make a game called "six degrees of Ranger seperation" using Carl Hildebrandt!

BTW John, you would not know it by her English, but Demetra is one of those Greek mail order brides.....she had no idea how good the US has it. I looked like a great catch before she knew!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-27-2006
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckgnarly
Yes, between the EATC, key pad, light tabs, LEDs in the dash, 2wd John offroading, I guess you could make a game called "six degrees of Ranger seperation" using Carl Hildebrandt!

BTW John, you would not know it by her English, but Demetra is one of those Greek mail order brides.....she had no idea how good the US has it. I looked like a great catch before she knew!
You shoulda met me earlier. I can get on a canoo and get you a russian mail order bride for probably half the price you paid. And if they'll take a canoo ride with me across the bering sea they'll go fishing with you on early mornings.


Aaron
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-27-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckgnarly
Yes, between the EATC, key pad, light tabs, LEDs in the dash, 2wd John offroading, I guess you could make a game called "six degrees of Ranger seperation" using Carl Hildebrandt!
Very true! A lot of my "signature" mods I designed were ideas Carl had but didn't know how to make it work. He even went and got everything we needed to make it work. I had the easy part, I just had to design the mod, lol. So many of the things you guys associate with me in some way, actually have their roots in Carl's head -- roots in Carl's head -- okay well that explains a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckgnarly
BTW John, you would not know it by her English, but Demetra is one of those Greek mail order brides.....she had no idea how good the US has it. I looked like a great catch before she knew!
Ha ha! Well, that'll teach her do do her "research" first!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-27-2006
buckgnarly's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Topsham, VT
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz
So many of the things you guys associate with me in some way, actually have their roots in Carl's head -- roots in Carl's head -- okay well that explains a lot...
That's a scary thought....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What the end of the Ford Ranger says about working in America Ford04Ranger4.0 General Ford Ranger Discussion 6 12-17-2011 12:54 PM
Ford Says no new US ranger based on the T6 crawford60 General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 11-09-2009 12:31 PM
Log in says failed yet says Welcome Midnightrder Midnightrider Ranger-Forums Office 3 08-15-2009 12:28 AM
now my mech says Tranny is out!!!!!!! 20014x4edge Drivetrain Tech 2 01-19-2007 12:59 PM
So my dad says, Wrangler RT/s 255/70/16 for $320 FMD Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 25 08-23-2006 11:18 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.