Forced Induction & N20 Tech General discussion of forced induction and nitrous for the Ford Ranger.

nitrous on a b2300

  #1  
Old 07-26-2007
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fairchild AFB, Wa
Posts: 8
nitrous on a b2300

gotta quick question. i wanna put a NX kit on my 07 b2300 how much spray do u guys think it will hold?
 
  #3  
Old 07-26-2007
RF Veteran
Join Date: May 2005
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 5,782
Originally Posted by D.
bad planning and stupidity does.
Bad planning and stupidity cause a lot more problems than that!
 
  #4  
Old 07-26-2007
67cobain94's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 708
Originally Posted by CobraPowerd
gotta quick question. i wanna put a NX kit on my 07 b2300 how much spray do u guys think it will hold?
I say it's a complete waste of time and money. There are a lot of other things you can do to a 4 cylinder to make it go faster without voiding your warranty. All that you'd accomplish out of putting nitrous on a new vehicle is voiding your warranty and having a ton of problems down the road with durability. Not to mention a Ranger or Mazda isn't a racecar so it's just not worth the hassle unless you have money to **** away and you're out of warranty. Put a set of underdrive pulleys, an exhuast, an electric fan, a tuner and an intake on it and it will start up every single day and give you the pep that you need until the 5/60 is done.
 
  #5  
Old 07-26-2007
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fairchild AFB, Wa
Posts: 8
yeah does anyone make a header or cold air for the 2.3s?
 
  #6  
Old 07-26-2007
67cobain94's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 708
http://stuffforyourranger.com check that out and when in doubt of the years email Wayne on there and he will know for sure.
 
  #7  
Old 07-26-2007
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fairchild AFB, Wa
Posts: 8
ill shot him a email and see what he says. i see they sell a cold air intake for the 01-03s yall think it will fit my truck?
 
  #8  
Old 10-22-2007
Urandaman's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wher ever uncle sam wants
Posts: 1,193
my buddy put a nitrous kit on his friends 4.0 ranger SOHC and all it had was intake,dumped muffler, gears and some good hooking tires and a 175shot and ran 12.30s 1/4

id say a 4cyl would be good for 50-75shot...
 
  #10  
Old 10-22-2007
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Originally Posted by Gearhead61
Bad planning and stupidity cause a lot more problems than that!

Yah, just ask your daughter
 
  #11  
Old 10-22-2007
Member
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,046
Originally Posted by 67cobain94
I say it's a complete waste of time and money. There are a lot of other things you can do to a 4 cylinder to make it go faster without voiding your warranty. All that you'd accomplish out of putting nitrous on a new vehicle is voiding your warranty and having a ton of problems down the road with durability. Not to mention a Ranger or Mazda isn't a racecar so it's just not worth the hassle unless you have money to **** away and you're out of warranty. Put a set of underdrive pulleys, an exhuast, an electric fan, a tuner and an intake on it and it will start up every single day and give you the pep that you need until the 5/60 is done.
CORRECT installation, usage, and jetting of nitrous won't have any more of a detrimental effect on the life of your engine than any other major power adder would, fyi.
 
  #12  
Old 10-23-2007
wydopnthrtl's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,486
Originally Posted by barrman
CORRECT installation, usage, and jetting of nitrous won't have any more of a detrimental effect on the life of your engine than any other major power adder would, fyi.
So many people think they understand nitrous. They don't.

Barrman is correct. With the proper controls of nitrous (most important), the octane, and the spark you can achieve bigger than average power gains.

Now having said that. I'd look to D for what the mechanical strength of the parts are. But at the same time just because parts failed does'nt mean it was a good nitrous / fuel / spark / rpm balance. Ramping nitrous for starters will go a LOOOONG way in keeping a motor together.

**if** you have it all balanced right your first failure would be a piston swelling and then scuffing / sticking in the bore.
Quite often people break rods and think it was too much power. Well.. you gotta define power. Rather I suggest it's huge leaps in power transitions that break rods. Not simple shot size.

Rich
 
  #13  
Old 10-23-2007
Urandaman's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wher ever uncle sam wants
Posts: 1,193
Originally Posted by D.
That is a feat I would LOVE to see. I watched one of my Milled SOHC engines take about a 125 does of the gas and go flying all over they dyno room.

175? on a stock bottom end? Are you SURE about that?

about 90% sure it had a stock bottom end. ill get the exact amount he was using tonight since ill see my friend who installed the kit(and he knows his nitrous hahah)
 
  #14  
Old 10-23-2007
graniteguy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,221
Nitrous can be the cheapest way to get pushed back in your seat. My rule of thumb is nitrous HP at half the advertised HP of the motor. Also, stick with the manufacturers suggested jetting. NX has a good tech dept. The can usually specify the jetting for your specific application. They will keep the jetting a little rich to keep it safe.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Cody_288
Forced Induction & N20 Tech
24
12-26-2010 01:57 AM
wydopnthrtl
Forced Induction & N20 Tech
34
10-28-2009 11:28 AM
SONICEDGE03
Forced Induction & N20 Tech
42
10-03-2006 11:14 PM
barrman
General Ford Ranger Discussion
31
01-18-2006 05:05 PM
Skyjacker_44
General Ford Ranger Discussion
3
08-03-2004 06:24 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: nitrous on a b2300


Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.