Interior Semi-Tech General discussion of interior for the Ford Ranger.

manual to power interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manual to power interior

What would I have to do(would it be even worth the hassle) in turning all my interior to power; such as power windows, locks, and mirrors maybe. Would I have to do them all?What if i were wanting to do an ohc? just a thought! thanx

Old 08-24-2006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they sell conversion kits on ebay...there may be some other places that sell them as well

Old 08-24-2006
Since you have the XLT door panels, it would be easy to convert it to stock looking, just have to swap the black door handle bezels out for ones with switches, I got the A1 Electric power window kit ($200)- no cheapy kit here, its a direct bolt in window regulator replacement.. then their power door lock kit w/keyless ($99), then OEM '04 power mirrors for $250, and the OEM door wiring harnesses ($200/both)(you can probably get away without needing these- but the backs of the factory switches are funky to work with without them..) Now I was wanting it all factory looking so thats why i chose to get OEM switches and the door wiring, but A1 also offers a switch kit with their power window kit. Good luck with your project!

Old 08-25-2006
i havent done my windows yet, but i got my door locks done, all i did is went to a local guy who had a special on alarms, got that all rigged up,

both actuators for the locks + the alarm + install ran me $220 out the door.

as for windows, im looking at the JC whitney kit. what im worried about is what the hell am i gonna do w/ the cranks? i dont want to have power windows with cranks there, and im sure you dont either. keep us posted on what you go with, i'd like to hear about it for sure.

Old 08-25-2006
Fill the hole with some cheapy tweeters :) I know that isnt the ideal spot but it works if you dont wanna throw around money for new doorpanels, esp. just for a little hole! lol

Old 08-25-2006
Old 08-25-2006
Originally Posted by bwester04
Since you have the XLT door panels, it would be easy to convert it to stock looking, just have to swap the black door handle bezels out for ones with switches, I got the A1 Electric power window kit ($200)- no cheapy kit here, its a direct bolt in window regulator replacement.. then their power door lock kit w/keyless ($99), then OEM '04 power mirrors for $250, and the OEM door wiring harnesses ($200/both)(you can probably get away without needing these- but the backs of the factory switches are funky to work with without them..) Now I was wanting it all factory looking so thats why i chose to get OEM switches and the door wiring, but A1 also offers a switch kit with their power window kit. Good luck with your project!

Got any pics of the finished work?

Old 08-25-2006
RF Veteran
hey mike where did you put your door lock switches?

Old 08-25-2006
Hey thats some good info fellas. i wouldnt mind the stock look. I have seen the JcWhitney kit but I wasnt sure how well that worked. I think Im looking more into the windows rather than the locks, even though i would like to hit a button rather than reach over the damn truck. As for the mirrors....idk yet i can live with that. Would i have to have windows locks and mirrors all power in order to get an explorer ohc?

Old 08-25-2006
^nah man, you dont have to crap in power accessories.. i didnt have any when i installed my OHC

Old 08-25-2006
Awesome, thanx BJ. My buddy's stepdad owns a towing service and i think he may have a couple exploders in the lot and i wanna ask him soon. he dosnt have alot of new stuff though cuz insurance companies take em and sell em. we will see though.

Old 08-25-2006
Originally Posted by BlackRanger93
hey mike where did you put your door lock switches?
uh... the best answer is i dont have any. lol. i just use my fob to unlock/lock as needed. the way it was installed, the doors lock once the truck is started. and unlock when it's off. any other time i would need to open the doors is if someone is getting in after i've been waiting for them or something... then i'll just use the fob. no biggy.

but yeah, no switches for me. BUT!!! if i did have em, i'd have mounted them in the cubby