The ranger just isnt cutting it anymore - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Discussion General discussion of Ford vehicles not pertaining to the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-15-2011
05BLKEDGE's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spartanburg,SC
Posts: 325
The ranger just isnt cutting it anymore

Okay guys I'm starting my search for a 2004-2008 F150. I want it to have what the ranger doesn't, pw, pl, leather, 4 real doors, and 4x4 are my big picking points. I have around 11000 plus my truck as a trade in to spend. Do you guys thing I can find something in that price range with decent low miles. I'm trying to stay under 75000 miles on the new truck. Mine has 110000. Let me know if you think it is possible in my price range with what I want.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2011
silverstreak4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Posts: 979
I don't think you should have any issues finding what you want depending on what they give you on trade in for your truck. Search autotrader.com and craigslist and see what you come up with. It may be harder to find a FX4 or Lariat with leather in your price range with lower miles but I'm sure you can find an XLT.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2011
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
IMO you'll have a better chance finding what you want if you sell the Ranger privately and then buy the F150 privately. You'll get more for your truck by selling it rather than trading it and you'll get a better deal on the F150 by buying privately rather than from a dealer. It'll be a bigger PITA that way but I don't think you'll find what you want doing it all through a dealer. I'm thinking SuperCrew here though. If you're not set on getting a crew cab you might find what you want going through a dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2011
brianjwilson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 3,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
IMO you'll have a better chance finding what you want if you sell the Ranger privately and then buy the F150 privately. You'll get more for your truck by selling it rather than trading it and you'll get a better deal on the F150 by buying privately rather than from a dealer. It'll be a bigger PITA that way but I don't think you'll find what you want doing it all through a dealer. I'm thinking SuperCrew here though. If you're not set on getting a crew cab you might find what you want going through a dealer.
I agree. My 06 has 63k miles and still books for over $22k retail. You need to be willing to budge more, sacrifice for a lesser truck, or sell/buy private to come close I think.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2011
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjwilson View Post
I agree. My 06 has 63k miles and still books for over $22k retail. You need to be willing to budge more, sacrifice for a lesser truck, or sell/buy private to come close I think.
I agree, I don't think your going to find that kind of truck for the price your shooting for. Not in my area at least.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2011
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4)

I think if you wait for the market later this summer the going rate for these trucks will fall tremendously, that is if fuel prices and the economy continue down the path they are going.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2011
bigandrw's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,407
I don't know if you have a carmax close to you but at the carmax here they have a red 06 fx4 supercrew for 18,9 with 60k miles.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-17-2011
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandrw View Post
I don't know if you have a carmax close to you but at the carmax here they have a red 06 fx4 supercrew for 18,9 with 60k miles.
Link? I didn't see it on the website.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new toy ranger isnt new born freindly stp1_jordo Snapshots 16 06-19-2011 08:33 PM
since the ranger isnt around... zabeard Ford Snapshots & Videos 21 02-15-2010 04:26 PM
why isnt there a 2" body lift available for our trucks? Roddy 1" & 3" Body Lifts 41 08-12-2008 11:30 AM
TT just isnt high enough. 95offroadx Suspension Tech 34 10-25-2007 05:43 AM
Is good to be alive, but the ranger isnt FLPanther General Ford Ranger Discussion 74 07-13-2005 06:45 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.