Any custom truck shops in MN? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Any custom truck shops in MN?

Looking for a custom truck shop in Minnesota to do a winch mount on my front and a towing package on the back. And anything else I need done would help too.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-09-2009
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
I wanna piggyback on this thread (sorry man)... looking for window tinting in south Minneapolis...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedESV View Post
I wanna piggyback on this thread (sorry man)... looking for window tinting in south Minneapolis...
Its all good man, I understand. How come South Minneapolis when it says you are from Washington?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-2009
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen550 View Post
Its all good man, I understand. How come South Minneapolis when it says you are from Washington?
I know someone in the area who wants his windows tinted and I told him I'd look into it for him since he's not much about modding vehicles. I've been looking all over the internet and tried talking to people back there but no one is any help.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Its all good WOman
Fixed.
What do you mean by a "tow package" in the rear?
If you mean a hitch, you can probably bolt one up yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Alrighty, I get it now DisturbedESV

Mine didn't come with a reciever where you put the hitch ball into. You know what I am saying now? I don't really know what it is called?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2009
crazymikey's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: your mom
Posts: 4,008
Are there not any shops that sell truck accessories like Van & Truck World?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-09-2009
DangerRanger#4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Shore, Kauai
Posts: 12
Burnsville 4x4 is by far the best shop i have worked with, they mainly work on jeeps but with custom fab anything if you have the money
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRanger#4 View Post
Burnsville 4x4 is by far the best shop i have worked with, they mainly work on jeeps but with custom fab anything if you have the money
Nice, I just found that one and it looks amazing. I have money to do almost everything I want. But what I want is just three things haha. A winch/winch mount, tires/wheels, and exhaust. Lift for Christmas next year maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-09-2009
Ranger_Guy15's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 2,827
Yea I hear burnsville is a good place to go to. Also check out sidco 4x4.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Guy15 View Post
Yea I hear burnsville is a good place to go to. Also check out sidco 4x4.
Thats in Camebridge right? That is a little far but if I am at my cabin one day I'll check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-09-2009
woody99stpsde's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Galway, NY
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen550 View Post
Mine didn't come with a reciever where you put the hitch ball into. You know what I am saying now? I don't really know what it is called?
i think he's talking bout something like a reese hitch...like the actual receiver that mounts to the frame...and with those you can buy one off-line and bolt it up yourself with minor to no fabbing required
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody99stpsde View Post
i think he's talking bout something like a reese hitch...like the actual receiver that mounts to the frame...and with those you can buy one off-line and bolt it up yourself with minor to no fabbing required

Thanks man. I found one but I have to do some more research on it before purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-09-2009
Ranger_Guy15's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen550 View Post
Thats in Camebridge right? That is a little far but if I am at my cabin one day I'll check it out.
Actually its located in Glencoe.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Ooops. Got it now. That saved me a hell of a lot of anger haha
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-09-2009
Machine090767's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,410
sent you a PM, Peter.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-09-2009
yellow_edge's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wauseon,Ohio
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen550 View Post
Mine didn't come with a reciever where you put the hitch ball into. You know what I am saying now? I don't really know what it is called?
yes, as stated above, its a reese hitch you want. Mine didnt have one either, Class III 100 bucks at TSC or Vatozone, fairly easy install. Helps to have another guy though.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-09-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_edge View Post
yes, as stated above, its a reese hitch you want. Mine didnt have one either, Class III 100 bucks at TSC or Vatozone, fairly easy install. Helps to have another guy though.
Thanks Yellow Edge, thats the most important thing I need right now. The others are more for fun, except the winch haha. I have a Stratos bass boat (strange in MN I know haha) that I need to tow along with me and my friends ATVs
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-10-2009
malydeen's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 632
There's this sweet place up in the northern 'burbs called Matt's Garage. this guy does some good work. If you get the parts he would be more than happy to help you install them. He can also help you pick out the right parts, and search junk yards for salvage parts. Here's some pictures of his work:

Oh btw I'm Matt.
Name:  IMG00010.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  44.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0677.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  87.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0526.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  80.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0509.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  92.9 KB
Name:  DSCN0063.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  214.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0798.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  85.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0821.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  62.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0819.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  35.5 KB
Name:  DSCN0034.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  216.3 KB

Last edited by malydeen; 02-10-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-10-2009
Hot Wheels's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maple Plain, MN
Posts: 211
There is a place that I go to called Crystal Welding. They installed a hitch for me, for around $300. That included fixing my wiring harness, an insert, an 1 3/8" and 2" ball, the hitch, and install. They were done in around 45 minutes. They also do whatever fab work you want done. They mainly work on larger semi and dumptruck type vehicles, but also do smaller stuff too. I got a quote one time to put a flatbed on and it was only around $1000 for shop parts and labor.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-10-2009
larsen550's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Wheels View Post
There is a place that I go to called Crystal Welding. They installed a hitch for me, for around $300. That included fixing my wiring harness, an insert, an 1 3/8" and 2" ball, the hitch, and install. They were done in around 45 minutes. They also do whatever fab work you want done. They mainly work on larger semi and dumptruck type vehicles, but also do smaller stuff too. I got a quote one time to put a flatbed on and it was only around $1000 for shop parts and labor.
Damn, thats it for a flatbed? Wowza! That seems super inexpensive.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-10-2009
Hot Wheels's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maple Plain, MN
Posts: 211
Yeah, the flatbed costs around $3000 though, so it kinda offsets the install price. hehe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tint shops in dallas area sjwilson3821 Exterior Semi-Tech 4 09-13-2009 07:19 PM
My experience with the exhaust shops in town.... MudSlanger 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 26 06-10-2007 02:12 PM
Body shops in georgia? eguy208 Exterior Semi-Tech 2 01-01-2007 07:06 AM
4X4 Shops??? Jeffro General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 01-07-2006 08:24 AM
Trans Flush Shops cincy4point0 General Ford Ranger Discussion 15 07-14-2005 09:17 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.