Bumper Pictures... - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-07-2007
EljayK004's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 224
Bumper Pictures...

Alright guys, pretty much everyone has a digi-cam these days. I'm looking for ideas. I want to custom fabricate a bumper. What I'm looking for is pictures of any off-road style bumper. I don't care if it's on a Jeep, F-350, or an AMC Gremlin (that'd actually be kinda cool, I guess), if it has an off-road bumper on it I want to see it. What I am looking for is straight on shots from the front and side-view shots. 2-dimensional shots will work best. The reason for this is I want to see the bumpers just like a blueprint would show them.

Yes, I'm sure the bumper pic request has been done before, but going through tens of thousands of posts looking for bumper pictures is idiotic, which brings me to the second reason for this post. If we can get a huge amount of bumper pictures in here we might want to sticky it and it would make a great reference tool for anyone considering building their own bumper. This would eliminate the "bumper request pic thread" as well. So, instead of the usual "Have you tried the search feature?" remark and the flaming that comes with it, lets try to put something together that we can use in the future that will make life easier for a lot of members.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2007
EljayK004's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolla_guy72
Nice job on the first six links. As for the seventh one, thank you for providing the EXACT example of the idiotic "Have you tried the search feature?" response I was waiting for and said as much. Obviously, you don't quite grasp the concept of having a nice spot to go and search for ideas without having to spend countless hours of your life. As much as I enjoy the internet, I can only wish I had that kind of free time. It's comments like that that make me wonder why I even bother asking questions in forums. Furthermore, I would also like to thank you for ruining a perfectly good idea. Judging from your response. it seems to me that this idea may have been a bit ahead of it's time, possibly a bit too mature and well thought out for some message board posters. If the rest of you disagree and would like a place to check out pics of bumpers I urge you to post some pics. If not, maybe we can just go waste our time looking elsewhere.

Apparently I have about 6.2 million websites I have to check out to see a picture of a bumper so, if I'm not back for awhile you will understand. Once again, thank you, rolla_guy72 for your well thought out, brilliant, mature response. If you want to search through 6.2 million websites for bumper ideas go for it, if you don't like the idea of having a centralized spot to look for ideas then leave this thread alone. I hope one day you grow up enough to grasp the idea behind this post.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2007
rolla_guy72's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 3,256
Well I didn't mean to come off like that, so should I put a smiley next to it?

As not grasping the idea, I have a design on my computer as of right now and I'm only waiting for a welding/metal fab class and a couple tools, etc. to build it...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2007
mudranger96's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lehigh Acres, FL
Posts: 2,549
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-08-2007
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
I don't know if you were looking for front or rear bumper pics., but here are the pics. of my rear bumper.




Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2007
EljayK004's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolla_guy72
Well I didn't mean to come off like that, so should I put a smiley next to it?

As not grasping the idea, I have a design on my computer as of right now and I'm only waiting for a welding/metal fab class and a couple tools, etc. to build it...
Well then, I apologize. I'm sorry, I took it the wrong way.

That woolworth motorsports site is excellent. Those are some sweet bumpers.

Front bumpers, back bumpers, both are great. After building a front bumper I want o do a rear one as well.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2007
gumby's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: indy
Posts: 1,581
Name:  DSC00046.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  35.2 KB
Name:  DSC00011.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  75.0 KB
Name:  DSC00003.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  52.6 KB


Name:  DSC00001.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  52.8 KB
Name:  DSC00002.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  77675c90-1.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  55.9 KB
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-08-2007
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Here is one that me and my friend made.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-08-2007
Buck's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by EljayK004
Nice job on the first six links. As for the seventh one, thank you for providing the EXACT example of the idiotic "Have you tried the search feature?" response I was waiting for and said as much. Obviously, you don't quite grasp the concept of having a nice spot to go and search for ideas without having to spend countless hours of your life. As much as I enjoy the internet, I can only wish I had that kind of free time. It's comments like that that make me wonder why I even bother asking questions in forums. Furthermore, I would also like to thank you for ruining a perfectly good idea. Judging from your response. it seems to me that this idea may have been a bit ahead of it's time, possibly a bit too mature and well thought out for some message board posters. If the rest of you disagree and would like a place to check out pics of bumpers I urge you to post some pics. If not, maybe we can just go waste our time looking elsewhere.

Apparently I have about 6.2 million websites I have to check out to see a picture of a bumper so, if I'm not back for awhile you will understand. Once again, thank you, rolla_guy72 for your well thought out, brilliant, mature response. If you want to search through 6.2 million websites for bumper ideas go for it, if you don't like the idea of having a centralized spot to look for ideas then leave this thread alone. I hope one day you grow up enough to grasp the idea behind this post.

wow...lighten up a touch
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-08-2007
sem1845's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Prattville, AL
Posts: 265
some of my bumper that me and a buddy built outta 1//4" steel weighs about 180lbs




Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-08-2007
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTodd
Here is one that me and my friend made.

Here is testimony to how strong my bumper is...
http://www.docsrealm.com/photo/342007/pull.wmv
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-09-2007
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Todd....DANG! I really like the looks of your **** end bumper.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-09-2007
05RangerXLT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,287
Woow... killer video.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-09-2007
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15




Top picture is what it is now, bottom is what it will be when its done.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-09-2007
EricTodd's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01
Todd....DANG! I really like the looks of your **** end bumper.
Hey thanks! Me and my friend matt made it from scratch out of a peice of 1/4" channel, 1" plate steel tabs with 1" holes and we boxed the ends. I also flush mounted a class 3 reciever in it.





Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-11-2007
EljayK004's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 224
Sweet bumpers. Great ideas.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some diry and clean pictures.Alot of pictures 00RedRangerXLT Snapshots 2 05-10-2011 10:33 PM
New pictures of lift - new rims and tires, traction bars, bumper Alon Snapshots 30 06-03-2009 02:33 AM
Some new truck pictures, and some fire pictures jrpro130 Snapshots 50 01-02-2009 07:24 PM
bumper bumper bumper INT3RC3PTOR Fabrication & Tool Tech 60 08-08-2006 11:03 PM
Body lift rear bumper pictures fordboyfx4 General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 12-29-2005 08:19 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.