dam it just got a another ticket - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 10-31-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis85 View Post
Im just saying he is having a bad day already, just venting, like we all do. He doesnt need someone to call him a dumbass like he doesnt know what he did was wrong...I probably wouldnt have said anything if he hadnt made a comment about "*****ing on the internet" when he is "talking **** on the internet" Just uncalled for imo.


I'm sure a $250+ ticket given to him by a law enforcement agent was enough to make him realize he broke the law. He is just bummed out that he got the ticket, and doesnt have the funds to pay it. So what do people do? Make smart *** comments like thats going to help anyone. Like none of yall have ever broke the law.
Lol alot of us brake the law, and alot dont. But the difference between everyone on here, is that they dont ***** and complain about it.

I'll be the first to admit that I speed alot. I am no angel lol. But I take the consequences because I make the decision, no one else.
I think thats what everyone is trying to say to this guy.

And apparently the first ticket didnt make him realize that he shouldn't speed anymore, so what makes you think that the second one will?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-31-2009
Coleosis85's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OKC, Ok
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainfire View Post
Lol alot of us brake the law, and alot dont. But the difference between everyone on here, is that they dont ***** and complain about it.

I'll be the first to admit that I speed alot. I am no angel lol. But I take the consequences because I make the decision, no one else.
I think thats what everyone is trying to say to this guy.

And apparently the first ticket didnt make him realize that he shouldn't speed anymore, so what makes you think that the second one will?
So you're telling me that when yall get tickets, it doesnt **** you off? If you do get pissed it is only anger for yourself for doing bad right? No, people are sorry for getting caught, not for speeding. I speed a lot too, and I break other laws too, and when I get caught, Im sure at least one person is going to hear me complain.

Just because he is venting doesnt mean he isnt going to step up and face the consequences.

You've gotten tickets, but you admit you still speed. Why havent you realized that you shouldnt speed?

Maybe you see my point, maybe not...I'll stop before this turns into a meaningless arguement.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-31-2009
yellow rhino's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CA Westlake Village
Posts: 1,771
ask for a extension then take it to court and pray he doesnt show. That should buy you about 2 months or more and he may not show. I was able to extend a ticket for 7 months just by extensions and court dates then having to extend that court date. Gave me enough time to come up with the cash. Or contest it through the mail. No one really talks about doing this cause its a pretty easy way of getting outa tickets but you have to know how to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-31-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleosis85 View Post
So you're telling me that when yall get tickets, it doesnt **** you off? If you do get pissed it is only anger for yourself for doing bad right? No, people are sorry for getting caught, not for speeding. I speed a lot too, and I break other laws too, and when I get caught, Im sure at least one person is going to hear me complain.

Just because he is venting doesnt mean he isnt going to step up and face the consequences.

You've gotten tickets, but you admit you still speed. Why havent you realized that you shouldnt speed?

Maybe you see my point, maybe not...I'll stop before this turns into a meaningless arguement.
Its long past a meaningless argument lol


I speed because in BC the speed limits are designed to reflect the worst possible conditions. IE, raining, and dark, 75% of the weather in BC lol. My grandfather was a civil engineer for the GVRD for 20+ years, and this is what he has told me. Might seem like a cop out, but I go what I feel safe at. I dont got 30+ above the speed limit, but I do go a little faster than the posted.

And your right, I do get a little pissed off, but the only person I get pissed off at is myself. Who forced me to speed? I blame it on that god damn right foot.


Quote:
Just because he is venting doesnt mean he isnt going to step up and face the consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell561 View Post
FML i just got another ticket its gonna cost me 256 for going 64 in a 45 which is total bullsh!t but i dont actually have the money soooo this time im gonna have to go to court
ANY SUGGESTIONS..
This is what he said. That sound exactly like he is trying to get out of the consequences.

Man up, face the fine imo
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-31-2009
Hanks Rangers's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sandpoint, ID
Posts: 821
heck with both my tickets that were serious i had to go see the judge and they made me pay it by the next day! lucky i had the money for it both times
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-31-2009
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
Plea stupidity.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-31-2009
Machine090767's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,410
Be a Man, own up to your mistake, pay the fine and then slow down. there is no reason to go more than 10 mph over the limit unless your taking someone to a hospital.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-31-2009
4x4RangerOffroad's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Barrington, NH
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_101 View Post
Plea stupidity.
Is that like trying to buy common sense?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-31-2009
OVERtheEDGE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: locust grove georgia
Posts: 1,441
if your gonna speed then you need to go ahead and realize theres a good chance you'll get caught. not to say i dont do it, i just pick and choose the best places for it. and im guessing you might have to take a driving class. they love making people do them in my state.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-31-2009
johndeeregarner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Memphis
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell561 View Post
FML i just got another ticket its gonna cost me 256 for going 64 in a 45 which is total bullsh!t but i dont actually have the money soooo this time im gonna have to go to court
ANY SUGGESTIONS..
DUDE!! I got the SAME ticket about a month ago!!! Haha!! I was going 64 in a 45 zone! Thats funny!!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-31-2009
IanSouth's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 142
Up here if you show up for court you get to talk with the police officer before appearing before a magistrate. I just talked with the cop and told him I wasn't worried about the money, just the points. He changed the ticket for me and I paid the fine. I know I was in the wrong, I just didn't think I deserved points for it :)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-31-2009
silverstreak4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brighton, Michigan
Posts: 979
Wow you freakin idiot. Its your own damn fault you got the ticket. Suck it up you were speeding, you were the one breaking the law. Dont blame the cop for your mishap. Your the stupid one. Im sorry for b******g at you but seriously this kind of stuff really pisses me off. Im tired of people being pissed off at cops, and acting like its the cops fault they got the ticket. I am currently going to school for law enforcement, my father has 30+ years on the force and my uncle has 15. Seriously man up you broke the law, you were putting other peoples life at risk, they have speed limits for a reason. Two of my best friends were in a really bad accident two nights ago. One of them walked away the other is still in the hospital with head trauma. What were they doing? Speeding. The cops job is to protect you and people around you.
Accident sends Brighton teens to hospital | livingstondaily.com | Livingston Daily
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-31-2009
johndeeregarner's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Memphis
Posts: 157
You know what I think is funny? When people think their so hot and zoom past you, and then 2 seconds later they get pulled off by a cop!!! That has happened to people that pass me like that and its so funny!!! It happened to me once too.....which is why its so funny!!! But I learned one thing from doing that...my Ranger can POWN a honda ridgeline!!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-31-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregarner View Post
You know what I think is funny? When people think their so hot and zoom past you, and then 2 seconds later they get pulled off by a cop!!! That has happened to people that pass me like that and its so funny!!! It happened to me once too.....which is why its so funny!!! But I learned one thing from doing that...my Ranger can POWN a honda ridgeline!!
kool story bro!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-31-2009
ranger4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cambridge, ontario
Posts: 3,922
most times you go to court they will reduce the ticket
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-31-2009
edgeofthecliff's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Safety Harbor, FL
Posts: 392
Try going US 301 through Lawtey and Waldo, Florida. You get pulled even at 1mph over it's how they really make bank. I drove 5 under, PO'd a crew of Rupauls driving Bowties but I survived.

That aside, man up, reduce the fine by going to traffic school.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-31-2009
mitchell561's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: wellington,fl
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
You want a suggestion?

Slow down, dumb ***. Don't ***** about getting caught for speeding on the internet. It makes you look retarded.

Plea no contest.
leave it up to a chevy guys to tell me im retarded but hows driving a chevy lol =P
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-31-2009
mitchell561's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: wellington,fl
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstreak4x4 View Post
Wow you freakin idiot. Its your own damn fault you got the ticket. Suck it up you were speeding, you were the one breaking the law. Dont blame the cop for your mishap. Your the stupid one. Im sorry for b******g at you but seriously this kind of stuff really pisses me off. Im tired of people being pissed off at cops, and acting like its the cops fault they got the ticket. I am currently going to school for law enforcement, my father has 30+ years on the force and my uncle has 15. Seriously man up you broke the law, you were putting other peoples life at risk, they have speed limits for a reason. Two of my best friends were in a really bad accident two nights ago. One of them walked away the other is still in the hospital with head trauma. What were they doing? Speeding. The cops job is to protect you and people around you.
Accident sends Brighton teens to hospital | livingstondaily.com | Livingston Daily
awwww thats cute maybe one day you can pull me over on my cbr1000 most likey not
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-31-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell561 View Post
leave it up to a chevy guys to tell me im retarded but hows driving a chevy lol =P
Just dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell561 View Post
awwww thats cute maybe one day you can pull me over on my cbr1000 most likey not
Is your bike faster than a radio wave? Didn't think so.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-31-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell561 View Post
awwww thats cute maybe one day you can pull me over on my cbr1000 most likey not
Go, just do us all a favor and leave
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-31-2009
racsan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: central ohio
Posts: 647
my most excessive speed was 60 in a 25, after midnight on a quiet street with one of those readout signs that say "speed limit=, your speed=" and it shows how fast your going. i took my plates off before doing it just in case there was a camera triggered by the excess speed. and didnt take that way home again for awhile.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-31-2009
Bigwill41's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Navasota, Texas
Posts: 4,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainfire View Post
Go, just do us all a favor and leave
hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-31-2009
Billy4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kawartha Lakes
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Slow down. I learned the hard way after a few tickets and raised insurance rates. I was going slow when they caught me too. If I was caught in my RX7 on some of my top speed runs of 150+ then I wouldn't be driving for a while.
yep.. hardest way to learn but did it ever learn me well!

i got nailed while in the workvan because i was in too much of a damn hurry.. anyways ticket wasnt worth very much but once my insurance co. found out they shot my rate up noticeably.. gay

the amount i pay to drive my truck i cant afford stupid tickets and increased insurance rates (like most of us here i suppose)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-01-2009
mitchell561's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: wellington,fl
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by racsan View Post
my most excessive speed was 60 in a 25, after midnight on a quiet street with one of those readout signs that say "speed limit=, your speed=" and it shows how fast your going. i took my plates off before doing it just in case there was a camera triggered by the excess speed. and didnt take that way home again for awhile.
haha thats funny my friend did the same but the was a cop down the street 450 ticket and the cop let him off easy
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-01-2009
mitchell561's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: wellington,fl
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainfire View Post
Go, just do us all a favor and leave
naw thats ok why dont you no one askedfor your input
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broke my dam tailgate handle today... God,Country,FORD Exterior Semi-Tech 16 07-20-2009 09:57 AM
Xenon Bumper Cover/Air Dam TalkShowOnMute Exterior Semi-Tech 11 05-30-2009 09:12 PM
Got a freakin' parking ticket just a minute ago!!! Austin1 General Ford Ranger Discussion 25 04-17-2007 06:55 PM
mounted some Hella 500s and removed air dam TXST8tj General Technical & Electrical 8 04-17-2007 01:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.