Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource

Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource (https://www.ranger-forums.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (https://www.ranger-forums.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion-15/)
-   -   FREE Camper Shell (https://www.ranger-forums.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion-15/free-camper-shell-104853/)

01RangerEdge 04-05-2010 10:19 PM

FREE Camper Shell
 
I mean I got one for free.

My sister gave it to me, it came off my nephews now wrecked 01 Ranger. I'm gonna sand it and shoot it blue to match. But you can't beat free

I apologize for the small pics, stupid Facebook had to resize the pics.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/member...-8365416-n.jpg
https://www.ranger-forums.com/member...-3168026-n.jpg
https://www.ranger-forums.com/member...-4646063-n.jpg
https://www.ranger-forums.com/member...-2302027-n.jpg
https://www.ranger-forums.com/member...-6623569-n.jpg
https://www.ranger-forums.com/member...5-317919-n.jpg

Lazler 04-05-2010 10:20 PM

looks great!

SteveOh 04-05-2010 10:21 PM

cant beat that nice

01RangerEdge 04-05-2010 10:21 PM

Actually I don't really think the color looks awful on the blue. I might leave it since I'd only use it when I need it

01RangerEdge 04-05-2010 10:23 PM

About 3.5 from my parents farm in Jackson, I'm in Rolla, MO now for college

EDIT: SteveOh did you edit your post? cause I swear you asked how far I was from you

RLong31 04-05-2010 10:23 PM

I don't like how it flares out at the front, but it'll look sweet when you get it painted. And yea, free is suh-weet. Good on you.

01RangerEdge 04-05-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLong31 (Post 1636103)
I don't like how it flares out at the front, but it'll look sweet when you get it painted. And yea, free is suh-weet. Good on you.

That's actually why I never bought one for my stepside, but yea free is nice

Ace 04-05-2010 10:28 PM

what color is it?

01RangerEdge 04-05-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace (Post 1636108)
what color is it?

I think champagne. I really don't know exactly

robert99ranger 04-05-2010 10:38 PM

Looks good man

fredmer3247 04-05-2010 10:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i have one solucion!!!!

dbp02 04-06-2010 07:48 AM

My dad's 06 Ranger is blue like yours, and he's rocking my old cap from my silver Ranger. It's styleside or I'd take it back lol. I've always loved the look of caps on stylesides, but on flaresides, I don't know what it is, but I'm not digging the look.

winks 04-06-2010 07:58 AM

That's not too bad looking. I'm eventually going to have to get one for my truck for when I take the dogs wheeling. I may just swap out to a style side bed and get a regular cap, depending on what's available.

01RangerEdge 04-06-2010 08:39 AM

Yea like I said, its hard to pass up free, and it could be handy when I want to haul a lot of stuff that needs to stay dry.

If anything I can just sell it

nate_g_2003 04-06-2010 09:33 AM

the only thing I'd change was the flares at the front. I wish they made them without...

What brand is that one?

Downey 04-06-2010 12:55 PM

mine hasnt been on my truck for over a year now i hate it

01RangerEdge 04-06-2010 04:07 PM

Its Century. My sister didn't even buy it , it came with the truck, once they brought the truck home they took it off

coleary15 04-07-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winks (Post 1636277)
That's not too bad looking. I'm eventually going to have to get one for my truck for when I take the dogs wheeling. I may just swap out to a style side bed and get a regular cap, depending on what's available.

ill trade you beds lol and sell you my matching cap haha i cant seem to get rid of it!!!!

Fx4wannabe01 04-07-2010 09:35 PM

Nice price!! Too bad it didn't have the corner windows......blind spots on those bastards are alot bigger than canopys on stylesides. Good score none-the-less.



Anything left of the wrecked truck?? lol.

01RangerEdge 04-07-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 (Post 1637654)
Nice price!! Too bad it didn't have the corner windows......blind spots on those bastards are alot bigger than canopys on stylesides. Good score none-the-less.



Anything left of the wrecked truck?? lol.

I wish it did have the windows, I looked around inside the cab and the blind spots are huge.

They had it towed to a body shop and had it assessed, the insurance company totaled it, which was total bs, I looked at the itemized list of parts and labor, it was ridiculously expensive. $5200, but I know the truck was worth more.

There was no damage to the frame or drivetrain it was all body, I could have fixed it at half the cost.

ranger4.0 04-07-2010 09:44 PM

All these threads about people gettig caps is really making me look at them a lot harder. I honestly hated them before I bought my truck but after realizing the possibilties they give your rig I really want one!!!! Lucky bastard!!!

01RangerEdge 04-07-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger4.0 (Post 1637667)
All these threads about people gettig caps is really making me look at them a lot harder. I honestly hated them before I bought my truck but after realizing the possibilties they give your rig I really want one!!!! Lucky bastard!!!

Yea I was really lucky to get this deal. And it will be really handy for when I need it

01RangerEdge 09-20-2011 09:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got this thing colormatched. I don't use it very often, but when I do, it will be nice that it's the same color

https://www.ranger-forums.com/attach...ine=1316533677
https://www.ranger-forums.com/attach...ine=1316533677

SteelDirigible 09-20-2011 09:59 AM

looks good except for being a stepside cap.

you know, if you could go measure from the bottom of the bed to the top of the cap on the inside, and you were a hot girl, i'd have sex with you. but if you could just do the first part that'd be great too.

01RangerEdge 09-20-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelDirigible (Post 1894220)
looks good except for being a stepside cap.

you know, if you could go measure from the bottom of the bed to the top of the cap on the inside, and you were a hot girl, i'd have sex with you. but if you could just do the first part that'd be great too.

Way to get my hopes up

I have the stock plastic bedliner, and I have 35 inches of clearance. 36 without the bedliner I'd imagine


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 PM.