Getting a New(er) Ranger - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 08-30-2011
Jelly's Ford's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Posts: 874
Ok fellas, thanks for the help!

I took a better look at it today and drove it. Shifts great, runs great, and is super clean. Gosh I love 5spds lol. But there are a LOT of scratches on the truck . Luckily all of them are surface scratches and could easily buffed out with some elbow grease.

I will have to think more about it before I trade or sell my truck privately.

Thanks a lot for all the help! It is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-30-2011
07rangersport's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maple Ridge CANADA
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly's Ford View Post
Ok fellas, thanks for the help!

I took a better look at it today and drove it. Shifts great, runs great, and is super clean. Gosh I love 5spds lol. But there are a LOT of scratches on the truck . Luckily all of them are surface scratches and could easily buffed out with some elbow grease.

I will have to think more about it before I trade or sell my truck privately.

Thanks a lot for all the help! It is greatly appreciated!
The only thing I HATE about my truck is that it is black. Claybar did miracles to the swirls and light scratches though
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-30-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
They won't give you 9k for it lol. They appraised it at 9k. They would give you like 6k. Privately you could sell for like 8 or 9k.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-30-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 737
Don't forget you'll also have to pay sales tax on the new vehicle which could be pricey depending on your local sales tax rate.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-30-2011
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Yea, but if he's putting a good chunk of money down or all of it... they should/will come down on the price.

Trucks are gonna get scratches. They are trucks after all. But yea, black is a b1tch to keep clean, lol
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-30-2011
Jelly's Ford's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms93 View Post
They won't give you 9k for it lol. They appraised it at 9k. They would give you like 6k. Privately you could sell for like 8 or 9k.
Haha you are correct. They would give me 6k at most.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-30-2011
Jelly's Ford's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
Yea, but if he's putting a good chunk of money down or all of it... they should/will come down on the price.

Trucks are gonna get scratches. They are trucks after all. But yea, black is a b1tch to keep clean, lol
Even when I told them I would give them 11K cash for it or even 11,500, they were like I could get that money out of it for wholesale. Haha oh cry me a river pal. Yeah right.... He said the least he would do with cash money was $12K so I just walked out. They're will be another someday that's newer and has less miles.

Haha true black is ridiculously hard to keep clean, but looks like straight **** when taken care of properly.

What year Rangers came with FX4 Level 2? Is it 2002-2007(08)? Cause if I ever get a new Ranger its def gonna be a Level 2 and a 5spd.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-30-2011
Jelly's Ford's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07rangersport View Post
The only thing I HATE about my truck is that it is black. Claybar did miracles to the swirls and light scratches though
Yeah I second you there. Even on my truck which is white (the easiest color to mask scratches), I have to rub and rub and claybar the whiz out of my truck when I detail it. And I fully detail mine every 3 months!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-30-2011
Runarenis's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Plattsburgh NY
Posts: 319
real nice truck
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from Southern CA, might be getting 94 Ranger this week. NoMoneyZ Member Introductions 3 01-25-2013 06:07 PM
2010 ranger xl... how secure are transponder keys and a ranger getting stolen 2010 General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 09-26-2010 09:45 AM
getting a new ranger 03ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 06-05-2010 01:27 AM
Thinkin about getting a new Ranger... waterfowler07 General Ford Ranger Discussion 31 12-05-2008 01:02 AM
getting a new ranger few questions.. Longroad General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 08-13-2007 05:08 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.