got pulled over for nightshades :( - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 03-20-2010
TexasRanger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: austin, TX
Posts: 1,252
FTP

but yeah, its a gamble running illegal mods. the only thing that bothers me is the inconsistency of the enforcement. if something is illegal they should ticket for it consistently.

it seems to me that if your tails are shaded and you get rearended it is your fault no matter what. given that the person who rear ends you calls you out on it. i imagine that if i rearend some car with shaded tails and show the police officer that it would automatically become their fault and their insurance would have to fix my truck. does this seem right?

but sometimes its amazing how long you can get away with stuff. i drove my last truck for a year with expires registration and inspection. my current truck is a little over a year out of date as well.

i work at a tire shop and police bring in their personal vehicles all the time. they write up the invoice under austin police department so they dont have to pay tax on their tires. this seems like a load of bull**** to me.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-20-2010
Fenech627's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 908
Quote:
But don't some cops break the rules themselves? So who watches over them? It's like they are above the law because they enforce it. Well I don't find It being right. I know a lot of things are illegal on my truck and if I get caught then I do. Will I change it back to stock? No. I'll keep it how it is and get it signed off by a family member of mine who is a cop.
Read your post. I find it to be very hypocritical when you talk about police abusing their authority and then when you get a fix it ticket you take it to a family member who is an officer. For short pretty much your saying its not right for police using their authority to get out of things but its ok for you to use a police officer you know to get you out of something without even fixing it. . . . .
Quote:
the owner was telling me the whole orange county PD goes to him for window tint on their personal vehicles.. and they all get limo tint i was told
I love how that makes it true.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-20-2010
Fenech627's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 908
Quote:
on another note, I followed a trooper down US27 a couple weeks ago who was running pretty consistently 75-80 mph (limit is 60-65 mph)
Honestly, I cant comment on this and I wont because I dont have all the facts on what he was doing. You dont either. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who say, "look at that cop turn his lights, run the intersection, then turn them back off". Then they add something along the lines of, "he is going like 80mph way to abuse his authority". Well what most of the general public are probably too close minded to understand is sometimes they are going somewhere such as a domestic or a home invasion where running lights and sirens will only inform such people that they are coming. Then you either have a drunk subject continue to beat the other party ten times worse, a home invasion suspect high tail it out of the area with a car full of electronics or worse, someone who hates the police load a shotgun and wait silently for the officer to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and take them out.

So ya sometimes they go fast- Sometimes they flip lights and sirens on only to get through the intersection- Sometimes they pull you over for equipment violations

If everyone is so interested in what the police is doing why dont they become one?!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-20-2010
Ace's Avatar
Ace Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,448
everyone wants police but only when its convenient for them.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-20-2010
d0sitmatr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFL
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenech627 View Post
Honestly, I cant comment on this and I wont because I dont have all the facts on what he was doing. You dont either. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who say, "look at that cop turn his lights, run the intersection, then turn them back off". Then they add something along the lines of, "he is going like 80mph way to abuse his authority". Well what most of the general public are probably too close minded to understand is sometimes they are going somewhere such as a domestic or a home invasion where running lights and sirens will only inform such people that they are coming. Then you either have a drunk subject continue to beat the other party ten times worse, a home invasion suspect high tail it out of the area with a car full of electronics or worse, someone who hates the police load a shotgun and wait silently for the officer to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and take them out.

So ya sometimes they go fast- Sometimes they flip lights and sirens on only to get through the intersection- Sometimes they pull you over for equipment violations

If everyone is so interested in what the police is doing why dont they become one?!
sorry bro, maybe its different in MI, but in FL if they are on a call of any kind, they have to keep their flashers on, no matter what. if its a call for a "silent entrance", they must leave them on until they are within a mile of the scene. (a mile is just a gross estimate, Im sure in the books its measured in feet)
and I did realize I left my statement pretty open to debate, I followed him for about 45 miles, and at the end he turned around and headed back the other way. NOT chasing someone, so Im pretty sure he wasnt on a call

@edgerider2002
wow man, you need to lay off the caffeine or start taking your meds again, your flying off the handle if anyone has anything to say that is different than your own. chill out, take a puff and realize the world isnt out to get you.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-20-2010
Ace's Avatar
Ace Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0sitmatr View Post
sorry bro, maybe its different in MI, but in FL if they are on a call of any kind, they have to keep their flashers on, no matter what. if its a call for a "silent entrance", they must leave them on until they are within a mile of the scene. (a mile is just a gross estimate, Im sure in the books its measured in feet)
and I did realize I left my statement pretty open to debate, I followed him for about 45 miles, and at the end he turned around and headed back the other way. NOT chasing someone, so Im pretty sure he wasnt on a call

@edgerider2002
wow man, you need to lay off the caffeine or start taking your meds again, your flying off the handle if anyone has anything to say that is different than your own. chill out, take a puff and realize the world isnt out to get you.
lmao you followed a cop 45 miles just to see where he was going

that doesn't scream big loser now does it?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-20-2010
powerranger262's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hartford, WI
Posts: 1,222
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-20-2010
99greenranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Garden City, MI
Posts: 126
The thing that i find funny about the police is when they pull you over because you have a modded truck and the mod that they give you a ticket for is one of the mods that is actually legal. i had a cop pull me over in my old ranger and give me a ticket for my plate being in my back window (just a fix it ticket) when i went to the local police station to inquire about it the officer looked it up and the only thing that was not legal about it was that i did not have a light on it. so he signed the ticket for me and told me to get a light on it. i mailed the ticket back and that was that.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-20-2010
powerranger262's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hartford, WI
Posts: 1,222
They want to sniff around your truck, niteshades is just another reason they have to pull you over.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-20-2010
andddrew says's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenech627 View Post
Read your post. I find it to be very hypocritical when you talk about police abusing their authority and then when you get a fix it ticket you take it to a family member who is an officer. For short pretty much your saying its not right for police using their authority to get out of things but its ok for you to use a police officer you know to get you out of something without even fixing it. . . . .


I love how that makes it true.
Yes i can take it to a family member and have them sign it off, but i still have to pay the court fee. I have to drive about an hour and half to get it signed off by my family member so to me its not worth it. I'll just take some paint thinner or something and take off my shades. If that doesn't work ill buy some LED tails which i have wanted for sometime.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-20-2010
brianjwilson's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 3,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerider2002 View Post
im just saying because he comes in here tying to one up people on what they do. if someone like the op wanted to vent about getting a ticket for his nightshades so be it. mr wilson there has some stuff thats done to his truck that i know is illegal here in cali. not sure about bfe (butt fu*k egypt) where he is. and im sure he would be mad too if he got a ticket for it and would want to vent. and my statement about how the cops go over the system is valid. just because your a cop you get to do whatever? thats like saying since im in nursing that i should get free healthcare, or people that build houses should get a free house. im just putting my opinion out there about the cop situation. if you dont like it then dont read it.
Hah, this thread is getting more gay by the minute.

If you can read, I have had an Explorer, Ranger, Sport Trac, etc. I now have a Subaru and an F150. I am still on here because I can be, it is the internet. I offer useful info to people, and pass time when I'm not working.

The original posted on a public forum on the internet, coming across as an arrogant @ss, saying that he knew it was illegal but he was mad at the officer for ticketing him. Then he said he would put them back on. Posting something retarded on a public forum is inviting others to comment.

This thread isn't about me and my vehicles, but... The only thing that has been illegal on any of my vehicles is the window tint on the driver and passenger side windows. I know they are illegal, if I get a ticket, so be it I will accept it and pay it and not cry on the internet about it. My 15% side windows are not a safety hazard to others on the road. All of my lights have been street legal and properly aimed so I am not an annoyance to others. Otherwise my record is clean as a whistle if that matters to you. What else do you think is illegal on my truck? I would be interested to hear of all these illegal things I have. Just because California has a retarded failed state government with over-strict emission and gun laws, I can't have a tuner and intake, or carry a gun in my truck here?

You're right, I live in "BFE", I hate it here. I'm from the west coast as well. I don't think I could get a ticket here if I tried. People here run limo tint on their windshields, with blacked out head lights and tail lights, huge obnoxiously loud stacks, they all run red lights like no one's business, they don't buckle their kids in car seats, and the cops don't do anything. So what? Just because everyone else gets away with it doesn't mean I do. I nearly get rear ended every time I come to a full stop at a stop sign, or stop at an intersection when the light turned red. I'm not going to start running through everything and breaking laws because everyone else does it and doesn't get ticketed.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-21-2010
andddrew says's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 533
I opened this thread to merely vent at the fact that i got a ticket for nightshade. I will pay the price and fix it as all others do. I just feel like ticketing has to be consistent, if it was then there wouldn't be any whining. Just as you say Brian this is a public forum so i can do basically whatever i please. If I want to vent about me getting a ticket so be it. I still will end up doing what everyone else does...
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-21-2010
d0sitmatr's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFL
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
lmao you followed a cop 45 miles just to see where he was going

that doesn't scream big loser now does it?
I guess the fact I was going the same direction doesnt matter to someone who hasnt a clue what they are talking about. but of course, that would be asking too much of you to have actual common sense, instead of going by your own idiotic behavior...
oops, sorry, but you fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjwilson View Post
You're right, I live in "BFE", I hate it here. I'm from the west coast as well. I don't think I could get a ticket here if I tried. People here run limo tint on their windshields, with blacked out head lights and tail lights, huge obnoxiously loud stacks, they all run red lights like no one's business, they don't buckle their kids in car seats, and the cops don't do anything. So what? Just because everyone else gets away with it doesn't mean I do. I nearly get rear ended every time I come to a full stop at a stop sign, or stop at an intersection when the light turned red. I'm not going to start running through everything and breaking laws because everyone else does it and doesn't get ticketed.
best post in this thread so far. (aside from mine... of course)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-21-2010
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
glad i live in a city that DGAF about stupid **** like that. my tails are pitch black, same as on my old car. never ever had a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-21-2010
andddrew says's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 FTW View Post
glad i live in a city that DGAF about stupid **** like that. my tails are pitch black, same as on my old car. never ever had a problem.
Yeah Tyler i have always loved the look of your truck. Its inspiration to me. I head up to las vegas every now and then. Which city you at?

I might make a youtube vid of my truck at night with my tails shaded so everyone can see its not a safety hazard.. at least with the type of weather conditions we have
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-21-2010
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
haha thanks man
im just in vegas, at the very west end in red rock.

and i just looked at where you're from. and thats why you had a problem. cops are pretty stingy over there. my cousin went to USC and even though she had nevada plates within a month of her living there she had been pulled over more then once for her front tint, which was only 35%. i hate how they enforce vehicle laws over there.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-21-2010
andddrew says's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 533
Yeah its pretty lame man. Im near laguna beach and newport area. Cops need to get a life around here. I have been all over the USA and cops always seem to be a lot better in every other state but CA.. At least from my exp
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-21-2010
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
yeah its bad there. we lived in newport before moving out here.

as much as i love california, i wouldnt be able to mod my vehicle how i like without having problems with the police. lol
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-21-2010
andddrew says's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tys 4x4 FTW View Post
yeah its bad there. we lived in newport before moving out here.

as much as i love california, i wouldnt be able to mod my vehicle how i like without having problems with the police. lol
True.. but marijuana is also a felony
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-21-2010
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by andddrew says View Post
Toll roads down here are private roads yes, but cops CAN and WILL still patrol them. Few years back cops couldn't even drive on the toll road. Now i am pretty sure the "toll road" pays cops to patrol.

Thanks to the people that gave me some good advice, the others that are trying to be smart asses, well just leave my thread. I'll take your guy's advice and not do nightshades anymore. I guess as someone stated before me its just a phase.
i am 99% sure your information is incorrect... being that if they were a private road, that means they are private property, and your insurance company could choose not to cover your vehicle, if an accident were to happen on there... same with a parkinglot at a supermarket... BUT i don't know for sure, i may be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerider2002 View Post
But don't some cops break the rules themselves? So who watches over them? It's like they are above the law because they enforce it. Well I don't find It being right. I know a lot of things are illegal on my truck and if I get caught then I do. Will I change it back to stock? No. I'll keep it how it is and get it signed off by a family member of mine who is a cop.
that is what internal affairs is for, any police department will have an internal affairs department, they are who watches over the police... do me a favour though, don't support the police some times, and not support them others... if you don't, hey, that's fine with me, but don't even think about calling 911 if someone breaks into your house with a knife, or a gun, and you are there... either back them, or don't... don't rely on them to help you if you aren't going to support them... you take the good with the bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRanger View Post
FTP

but yeah, its a gamble running illegal mods. the only thing that bothers me is the inconsistency of the enforcement. if something is illegal they should ticket for it consistently.
i agree with you here, but i would love to have the same service at mcdonalds here, as i would get in florida, or the same quality of beef here, as in france... or the same laws even, for the entire continent... BUT, sadly that isn't the case... police departments are going to be the same way, and even different officers from the same force, are going to be the same way (being different from eachother)

Quote:
it seems to me that if your tails are shaded and you get rearended it is your fault no matter what. given that the person who rear ends you calls you out on it. i imagine that if i rearend some car with shaded tails and show the police officer that it would automatically become their fault and their insurance would have to fix my truck. does this seem right?
i agree, 100% but that being said, it's hard to cause someone to be AT fault, when they didn't do anything wrong (read "break the law")

here, if you are in an accident, 99% of the time, the person who is at fault, gets a ticket, either "fail to remain in your lane" or "follow too closely" something along those lines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenech627 View Post
Honestly, I cant comment on this and I wont because I dont have all the facts on what he was doing. You dont either. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who say, "look at that cop turn his lights, run the intersection, then turn them back off". Then they add something along the lines of, "he is going like 80mph way to abuse his authority". Well what most of the general public are probably too close minded to understand is sometimes they are going somewhere such as a domestic or a home invasion where running lights and sirens will only inform such people that they are coming. Then you either have a drunk subject continue to beat the other party ten times worse, a home invasion suspect high tail it out of the area with a car full of electronics or worse, someone who hates the police load a shotgun and wait silently for the officer to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and take them out.

So ya sometimes they go fast- Sometimes they flip lights and sirens on only to get through the intersection- Sometimes they pull you over for equipment violations

If everyone is so interested in what the police is doing why dont they become one?!
+1 (and if my multiple personalities are allowed to cast their opinion, an additional +5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
everyone wants police but only when its convenient for them.
see above

Quote:
Originally Posted by andddrew says View Post
I opened this thread to merely vent at the fact that i got a ticket for nightshade. I will pay the price and fix it as all others do. I just feel like ticketing has to be consistent, if it was then there wouldn't be any whining. Just as you say Brian this is a public forum so i can do basically whatever i please. If I want to vent about me getting a ticket so be it. I still will end up doing what everyone else does...
i hear you man, it would be nice, but don't focus on just law enforcement on that... every industry is the same, inconsistancies everywhere... the only reason you don't notice it as much is because the other industries aren't issuing you tickets, and making you pay more for insurance...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally got pulled over after 1.5years ScottG Snapshots 20 09-03-2009 11:15 AM
Before I got pulled over... ClubFoot Snapshots 28 02-25-2009 06:46 PM
Got pulled over last night after work... :-) WowMike2001 General Ford Ranger Discussion 21 05-27-2008 09:34 PM
got pulled over!!! dangerranger General Technical & Electrical 7 10-03-2005 05:12 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.