slammed ranger spotted in virginia - Page 4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #76  
Old 07-31-2008
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
Beats the **** out of a bolt on Body Lift...
Ohio eh? I feel your pain.



Coming from someone that drives a pink ranger...
Nature played a cruel trick on you -- you lived.
Yeah but with a bodylift and suspension lift at least clear those 35's in the fenders instead of having to buy pre runner fenders and bedsides but you must like that two-tone look.

by the way how do those long travel torsion bars handle?

Last time I looked d's truck was sonic blue and those pics were taken in the last week...
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-31-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0Backfire View Post
As much as i love that trucks paint job, id have to agree with Prerunner-Ranger. The only reason its sitting so low is because it makes it easier for me to crawl over it
x2.

Draggin ***.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-31-2008
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
lol
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-31-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt View Post
Yeah but with a bodylift and suspension lift at least clear those 35's in the fenders instead of having to buy pre runner fenders and bedsides but you must like that two-tone look.

by the way how do those long travel torsion bars handle?

Last time I looked d's truck was sonic blue and those pics were taken in the last week...


It's a SoCal thing, you wouldn't understand being in the stix. And for the record, I had the fenders before the 35's... I wouldn't want to run 35's with gay stock fenders.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-31-2008
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineManiac View Post
Sorry guys no disrespect but that thing LIKES GAAAAAAAY. Trucks are not meant to be lowered like that, he probably crys when he sees rain
your going to find yourself not welcome around here. Likes gay? WTF

you can say you dont like it but you dont have to put the truck down.


i like the truck. Alot of hard work put into that truck
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-31-2008
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post

It's a SoCal thing, you wouldn't understand being in the stix. And for the record, I had the fenders before the 35's... I wouldn't want to run 35's with gay stock fenders.
So they dont paint aftermarket body panels in so cal?

I wouldnt want to drive a black truck with white fenders and bedsides. I couldnt imagine driving a 3.0 with 35's lol
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-31-2008
EdGe_wannabe's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Richmond Hill, Georgia
Posts: 4,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineManiac View Post
Sorry guys no disrespect but that thing LIKES GAAAAAAAY. Trucks are not meant to be lowered like that, he probably crys when he sees rain


Brenton
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-31-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt View Post
So they dont paint aftermarket body panels in so cal?

I wouldnt want to drive a black truck with white fenders and bedsides. I couldnt imagine driving a 3.0 with 35's lol
I don't really want to paint them because fiberglass peels and cracks when it's painted; it's better just to leave it white until I can find someone good enough to handle the job. Plus I blend in like the popo out here so they don't bug me much.

3.0 isn't that much of a turd with 35's as long as you got the correct mods to give it some help :) Once I blow my engine I'm swapping a 4.0oz in it ^_^ Always liked those better anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-31-2008
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
I don't really want to paint them because fiberglass peels and cracks when it's painted; it's better just to leave it white until I can find someone good enough to handle the job. Plus I blend in like the popo out here so they don't bug me much.

3.0 isn't that much of a turd with 35's as long as you got the correct mods to give it some help :) Once I blow my engine I'm swapping a 4.0oz in it ^_^ Always liked those better anyway.
I see I hated driving my 3.0 with 25's i couldnt imagine how it is with 35's even if you re geared
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-31-2008
XeRo's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Here, Now...Ohio
Posts: 0
lol Parma is not the stix....it's a concrete jungle. West side suxxxx.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-31-2008
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeRo View Post
lol Parma is not the stix....it's a concrete jungle. West side suxxxx.
lol where you at in ohio?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-31-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeRo View Post
lol Parma is not the stix....it's a concrete jungle. West side suxxxx.
Cali's where it's at!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt View Post
lol where you at in ohio?
Ever met Drew Carey?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-31-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt View Post
I see I hated driving my 3.0 with 25's i couldnt imagine how it is with 35's even if you re geared
I can't imagine driving my truck with 25's... I feel like I would pop a tire on every pothole or dip section. lol

You really would be suprised what re-gearing does for the 3.slows... my **** hauls *** for what it's got, but I wouldn't mind a 4.0
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-31-2008
Rooks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,867
Dude, my 3.0 with 4.10's and 30.5" tires is still a dog compared to my 99 4.0. It's not bad off the line until about 15 MPH. Haha.... then the motor just runs out.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-31-2008
Mark98xlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Parma Ohio
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
I can't imagine driving my truck with 25's... I feel like I would pop a tire on every pothole or dip section. lol

You really would be suprised what re-gearing does for the 3.slows... my **** hauls *** for what it's got, but I wouldn't mind a 4.0
Its called swerving and avoiding potholes.

You can make fun of ohio all you want, Im not the one thats getting raped for gas as bad as you cali people are.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 07-31-2008
frdrangr369's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: clymer, pa
Posts: 100
in my opinion i dont think trucks should be lowered either. but its still a nice truck regardless. im sure if it were a 4x4 he would of lifted it, but seeing its only 2 wheel drive i understand, and yea i know 2 wheel drive trucks are fun to lift to but its also nice to see a lowered ranger every now and then.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-31-2008
sniper_101's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,902
I don't mean to stick my nose somewhere it doesn't belong however . . .

It's a cool truck, I assume from the wheels it's not finished, alot of work into that.

For you "4WD or nothing" guys if you're not supposed to drop a 2wd, or a 4wd, not supposed to leave it stock and you guys seem to enjoy to poke fun at lifted 2wds . . . what are people (such as myself) supposed to do with a 2wd truck?

Just wondering how you care to answer this?
If it's answered before the lock.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-31-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineManiac View Post
Sorry guys no disrespect but that thing LIKES GAAAAAAAY. Trucks are not meant to be lowered like that, he probably crys when he sees rain




I just had to
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-31-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt View Post
Its called swerving and avoiding potholes.

You can make fun of ohio all you want, Im not the one thats getting raped for gas as bad as you cali people are.
We are all getting raped regardless, thank bush for that.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-31-2008
Shaklakan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La Habra CA
Posts: 1,100
Screw the gas prices! Low gears FTW. Oh and nice truck! Lowered ones aren't my thing but it looks like it has a lot of work put into it.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-31-2008
Farwar's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 217
haha, these 4wd lifted guys telling people what a truck can be and nothing else. I like the truck except its maybe a tad too low for me but thats what airbags are for. Has more style than lifted trucks imo, They all seem the same.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-31-2008
Prerunner-Ranger's Avatar
Level I Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,280
I guess all in all at least we drive fords!
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-31-2008
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
I like it, not crazy about the wheels, but I like it. I want a lowered Ranger, but not sure I would want one laying frame.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-31-2008
REUBER's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: US Army
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner-Ranger View Post
We are all getting raped regardless, thank bush for that.

dumbass alarm went off...you earned my retard of the week award.




i think its a pretty nice truck. Why the jealousy? When you build something like this and get the comments on here you have accomplished something. Most of the comments made on here are from Autozone/ebay delights...there are a handful of trucks that are as complete as the slammed ranger...and i applaud him for finishing it...
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-31-2008
3.0Backfire's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt View Post
I doubt with all that power your 2.5 has that it could crawl over that, or anything besides a curb.
Hey, just because its a 4 cyl. doesnt mean that i cant crawl over ****, i just have to keep it in 1st gear, and it probably wouldnt be that hard to crawl over something as low as that truck, hell my tires are almost taller than his hood!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trimming bumpstop brackets for a slammed 2001 Edge. Foxtrot Moon Suspension Tech 0 07-26-2013 06:36 AM
eBay / Craigslist Find: 1996 slammed custom Ranger 02slammedranger eBay & Craigslist Finds 0 10-23-2012 02:59 PM
Spotted a leak on the Ranger.. I need some input guys! LiftKitRanger Drivetrain Tech 0 12-31-2010 03:02 PM
A couple slammed models dross93ranger Snapshots 7 01-24-2010 04:56 PM
Spotted: 05RangerXLT's Ranger thesoundmaster General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 02-13-2008 12:17 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.