Some BL fun - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-07-2009
Dumpedmk3's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Coral springs florida
Posts: 208
Some BL fun

Snapped some photos from doing the BL on 02 rangermayhems truck. I'ma make him chime in and throw his pics up too.

Name:  IMG_0162.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  76.5 KB



Name:  IMG_0164.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  74.3 KB

Ahah safe way to drink and drive! Pictured- Dave aka "02rangermayhem"

Name:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0166.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  106.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0167.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  105.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0168.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  86.5 KB

My beast.

Name:  IMG_0169.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  63.6 KB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
LOL the kid on the right is in my music appreciation class

Name:  IMG_0168.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  86.5 KB


We need pic's of it all done!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2009
07Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: lima/dublin, ohio
Posts: 1,267
thats funny haha
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2009
robert99ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana/Mississippi
Posts: 5,807
Looking good. Why did you take the seats off?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2009
Tys 4x4 FTW's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 6,575
x2 lol

no need to do that...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2009
Ace's Avatar
Ace Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,448
did you change the fuel filter while your at it?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2009
07Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: lima/dublin, ohio
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghstrojan08 View Post
Looking good. Why did you take the seats off?
its a lot easier removing the rear cab bolts with the seats out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2009
Dumpedmk3's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Coral springs florida
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
LOL the kid on the right is in my music appreciation class
We need pic's of it all done!
Lol! Dave is gonna be throwing the completed pics up.

And about the seats. Made life much easier. Seats took 3 min to remove, no biggie.

No, didn't change the filter. Didn't even think about it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2009
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
wow lol you guys did a LOT of work you didn't have to...

you should have left the headlights, seats, bed, taillights, console, etc and just changed your fuel filter

just had to point out the obvious...hope everything went well, I pm'ed you about helping, I'm off sat/sun if you need to finish up loose ends, I've done QUITE A FEW body lifts in my day I lost count now...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2009
robert99ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana/Mississippi
Posts: 5,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Ranger View Post
its a lot easier removing the rear cab bolts with the seats out.
It is not that hard. Did not take my seats out.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-07-2009
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
we removed the seats to make accessing the cab mount bolts easier. 4 bolts each seat and 7 for the jump seats..... took 5 minutes each seat. and with the 4dr, you have to remove the jump seats. the rear bolts are right under the seat mount.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-07-2009
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130 View Post
wow lol you guys did a LOT of work you didn't have to...

you should have left the headlights, seats, bed, taillights, console, etc and just changed your fuel filter

just had to point out the obvious...hope everything went well, I pm'ed you about helping, I'm off sat/sun if you need to finish up loose ends, I've done QUITE A FEW body lifts in my day I lost count now...

i got your pm. sent one back as well. wish you kevin or korey could have been there. we had to figure everything out on our own. wasnt easy but we got her done.

i pulled the headlights cause i thought maybe the wires would pull during the cab lift. did it as a precaution. i didnt want to leave them and screw them up.

as for the bed.... i pulled it to make cutting the filler neck and adding the extension easier as well.

for my first time ever doing something this involved, i think dumpedmk3 and myself did quite well.

Last edited by 02rangermayhem; 03-07-2009 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-07-2009
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
LOL the kid on the right is in my music appreciation clase

We need pic's of it all done!
thats my friend danny. hes like my brother. known him for to long. haha...

the truck is done though. got it done in 17hrs. 9am to 2am.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-07-2009
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghstrojan08 View Post
It is not that hard. Did not take my seats out.
you also dont have a supercab. or a 4dr for that matter. the rear cab mount bolts are under the rear jump seats.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-07-2009
Ace's Avatar
Ace Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rangermayhem View Post
you also dont have a supercab. or a 4dr for that matter. the rear cab mount bolts are under the rear jump seats.
we only removed my rear jump seats lol not the front ones
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-07-2009
02rangermayhem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: C.Springs
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
we only removed my rear jump seats lol not the front ones

we removed the front ones to make accessing all of them easier.

much easier to work when there was nothing in the way. 4 bolts each front seat is nothing. no biggie.... plus got the carpet out of the way too.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-07-2009
StrangerRanger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The 253
Posts: 756
Heh, real mechanics remove EVERYTHING that might/could/maybe is in the way to what you want to get at.

Nice job!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
wow whats with guys lately removing WAY more then needed your not the first lately... seen grills off and everything dont understand it...

Glad everything went well recheck all the bolts in a week
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-07-2009
TrucknGolf's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,829
haha sweet.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-07-2009
Dumpedmk3's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Coral springs florida
Posts: 208
Icon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
wow whats with guys lately removing WAY more then needed your not the first lately... seen grills off and everything dont understand it...

Glad everything went well recheck all the bolts in a week
Because it takes 10 minutes to remove, and gives you tons more room to work with.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-07-2009
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpedmk3 View Post
Because it takes 10 minutes to remove, and gives you tons more room to work with.
I'll completely disagree, but not saying that you did anything wrong. I think its easier to NOT remove things, i'd rather work around the seats than remove em. We can argue it all day, bottom line is you guys did what you needed to do

I just take off as little as possible, I know I already said it. Only thing I take off are the bumpers and inside trim pieces, I don't take anything else off.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-07-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpedmk3 View Post
Because it takes 10 minutes to remove, and gives you tons more room to work with.
10 min for what i said everything extra you removed hell you dont even need to fully remove the bed just lift up...easy as pie your trying to argue with a guy thats done over 10+ body lifts lol... i dont think so... I did mine in my driveway last July with help of 1 member here Justin in under 5 hours in the dark lol... i know body lifts like i know how to sleep lol...



Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130 View Post
I'll completely disagree, but not saying that you did anything wrong. I think its easier to NOT remove things, i'd rather work around the seats than remove em. We can argue it all day, bottom line is you guys did what you needed to do

I just take off as little as possible, I know I already said it. Only thing I take off are the bumpers and inside trim pieces, I don't take anything else off.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-07-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Who cares how they did it, all I care about is pictures of it all done.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-07-2009
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
10 min for what i said everything extra you removed hell you dont even need to fully remove the bed just lift up...easy as pie your trying to argue with a guy thats done over 10+ body lifts lol... i dont think so... I did mine in my driveway last July with help of 1 member here Justin in under 5 hours in the dark lol... i know body lifts like i know how to sleep lol...





I'm right there with you, I can count 10+off the top of my head right now...most are members here, and thats not including taking mine off, then putting it back on....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-07-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Theres no right or wrong way to do it. They both got done in the end didn't they
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Camburg, some BTF, some Bilstein, some OEM yeatzee Snapshots 17 08-14-2012 05:17 PM
New pics, freashly waxed, and some fun. zabeard General Ford Ranger Discussion 28 07-15-2009 10:36 AM
I had some fun(not so boring pics, no 56K) DangerRanger92 Snapshots 9 07-09-2008 10:38 PM
had some fun while the parents were gone (pics) BOBO Snapshots 6 06-02-2008 12:51 AM
Got Some Fun Stuff In The Mail... Trevelyn1015 Exterior Semi-Tech 9 05-01-2005 12:41 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.