Tell Me what you think - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 07-03-2008
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
I want orange turns and runners. But...can't really find incadensant orange. blah. Here, amber and white is legal. Anything else, is not. But....i do like the way it looks, just i wouldn't personally run it.

I am extremely jealous of your truck.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-03-2008
Johnbaum13's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,343
Here any forward facing red or blue light is illegal, you might want to double check on that. Just because the officers are cool with it, doesn't make it not legal. All it takes is one officer having a bad day and knowing the law, and you're up skit creek. Personally I like it. It's different.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-03-2008
Thorny073's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California, Ky
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
I want orange turns and runners. But...can't really find incadensant orange. blah. Here, amber and white is legal. Anything else, is not. But....i do like the way it looks, just i wouldn't personally run it.

I am extremely jealous of your truck.
You can find orange LED's on ebay for real cheap...thats where i bought mine from...they cant get you for orange i don't think since it almost looks like amber
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-03-2008
Thorny073's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California, Ky
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbaum13 View Post
Here any forward facing red or blue light is illegal, you might want to double check on that. Just because the officers are cool with it, doesn't make it not legal. All it takes is one officer having a bad day and knowing the law, and you're up skit creek. Personally I like it. It's different.
yea i know what your sayin...if they get me all there gonna do is tell me to take the blinkers out...because they flash
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-03-2008
Shaklakan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La Habra CA
Posts: 1,100
Personally im running clear corners and white bulbs im pretty happy with it but i am thinking of switching to some Amber LED's.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-03-2008
Thorny073's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California, Ky
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaklakan View Post
Personally im running clear corners and white bulbs im pretty happy with it but i am thinking of switching to some Amber LED's.
for awhile i was running white bulbs but i didn't like the white with the silver...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-03-2008
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
I put white LED in my corners and that looks great. Im just running Silverstars in the turn signal/running lights which look blue in the day time and light up amber so theyre legal.

Not so sure about the legality of having any forward facing red lights... regardless of the state, I think its a DOT thing
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-03-2008
Thorny073's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California, Ky
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
I put white LED in my corners and that looks great. Im just running Silverstars in the turn signal/running lights which look blue in the day time and light up amber so theyre legal.

Not so sure about the legality of having any forward facing red lights... regardless of the state, I think its a DOT thing
i'm not to worried about considerin i kinda live out in the middle of no where...but i'm gonna probally repaint the truck so i'll change them to white LED's depending on the color
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-03-2008
Shaklakan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La Habra CA
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorny073 View Post
for awhile i was running white bulbs but i didn't like the white with the silver...
yah my font is all white so it flushes pretty nice but i want the front to stand out. As if my bundle of lights where my grill is supposed to be doesn't....
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-03-2008
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorny073 View Post
yea i know what your sayin...if they get me all there gonna do is tell me to take the blinkers out...because they flash
i dont know if you cant read or what. BOTH those lights are illegal regardless if they flash. Red cannot be used in the front of your vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-03-2008
Thorny073's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California, Ky
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtslmn720 View Post
i dont know if you cant read or what. BOTH those lights are illegal regardless if they flash. Red cannot be used in the front of your vehicle.
I still don't care...all ther gonna do is tell me to take them out
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-03-2008
camodown's Avatar
Lost in Nowhere
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 5,029
Looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEDGE View Post
Twin sticks?
overrated haha
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-03-2008
Thorny073's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California, Ky
Posts: 621
thanks man...They can be a little over rated
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-03-2008
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post


overrated haha
The one coming off the tranny might be.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-03-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
Looks good



overrated haha
Haha, good times
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-04-2008
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
It looks kinda cool, but I don't like the idea of running red lights in the front.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-04-2008
mhughes165's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Browns Mills, NJ
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorny073 View Post
I still don't care...all ther gonna do is tell me to take them out
nope, they can impound the vehicle for impersonating a emergency vehicle, ive seen it done time and time again.....
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-04-2008
Thorny073's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California, Ky
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes165 View Post
nope, they can impound the vehicle for impersonating a emergency vehicle, ive seen it done time and time again.....
i got it...but i pass cops left and right and they don't do anything...i could understand if they all were flashin or something bu they don't
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
freshly painted grill tell me what you think!! Downey Exterior Semi-Tech 16 03-18-2008 11:05 PM
Tell me what you think guys Jaykb Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 7 02-10-2008 11:52 PM
Tell me what you guys think... 98rang General Ford Ranger Discussion 12 06-02-2007 08:29 AM
Tell me what you think Lord Of War Exterior Semi-Tech 13 06-06-2006 11:29 PM
POLL tell me what you think! GrafixGuy New Ideas 25 03-21-2005 11:10 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.