What Is This? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource

General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2010
rangeredge01's Avatar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greenville,AL
Posts: 115
What Is This?

I was cleaning the inside of my truck and I found this adapter behind the cup holders. What is it for? I have never seen it before.

Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010
Ford04Ranger4.0's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plattsburgh, New York
Posts: 3,390
undo the screws for the cup holder and look lol
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010
sheltonfilms's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 631
If that is a 1998-2000 it should be part of your air bag module. Pull out rings in the cup holder (plastic), remove the rubber insert from the bottom of the cup holders, and you will see two screw looking plastic pieces. If you take a really big flathead screw driver or a quarter you can turn them 90 degrees and you can then take the cup holder out.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 AM.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.