What is this called and where can i find it - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource

General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2016
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surgoinsville, TN
Posts: 5
What is this called and where can i find it

Alright everyone, a month or so ago my outer bearing decided to rupture. Upon attempting to disect the area, I noticed the spindle and a few other parts were in need of replacement. While attempting to remove the rear hub nut, I noticed it was practically welded to the part behind it.
In all honesty, I'm not sure what order the parts are behind the hub nuts.
And I'm not even sure where to find that part.

97 4.0 ext cab
Dana 35 front
Attached Thumbnails
What is this called and where can i find it-0630161522.jpg  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 7,279
Dana 35 exploded view here: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...na_Ford_35.pdf

This is a manual hub swap article: Automatic To Manual Hub Conversion

It shows the "wedge" that needs to be pulled out to release the lock nut, from the debris in the "wedge" slot in your image it looks like you may have forgot to pull that out.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Surgoinsville, TN
Posts: 5
Thank you so much. My poor truck has been down for over a month while I was trying to find a replacement spindle that fit. Maybe now if I can find the wedge and other part, it'll be good to ho
Reply With Quote

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's it called and where can I get one? ranger-2002 General Technical & Electrical 2 11-03-2014 04:12 PM
Where can i get these, and what are they called? kyle9013 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 9 07-10-2009 02:26 AM
Can't find an old thread....maybe yall can help Fx4wannabe01 General Ford Ranger Discussion 6 11-27-2007 10:46 AM
Can someone tell me what these are called? AlmostFamous Exterior Semi-Tech 12 04-18-2007 10:20 AM
Splash gaurds.........is that what they are called? Maxboost Exterior Semi-Tech 13 08-24-2005 11:25 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 PM.