what do you think of the new svt raptor - Page 5 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #101  
Old 10-12-2009
dkchrist's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ellsworth/Manhattan, KS
Posts: 52
Dude, I think you just pulled the a-hole card, Totally Uncool! RELAX, it is a forum, if you don't like what we say don't read skip over the post.

As for the raptor, you don't like it so what, move on to something you do.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-12-2009
Ray_Welder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zephyrhills, FLorida
Posts: 1,037
I'm amazed how many times Whippersnapper has been owned and he still argues with the same useless reasoning.

saying "its just a f-150" repeatedly doesn't prove anything, Just shows you have nothing to back yourself up.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-12-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I see now. Your panties are in a twist ever since I made fun of you in your stupid "Are you ready thread." I bet you are losing all kinds of sleep over that. How funny. Get a life man. You are just another Downey.

Raptor is just an F150. Done. And I would drive a Camry. They are nice cars. At least I'm man enough to drive one.
What thread? Sorry, sport, I don't remember arguing with you in any other thread. And, no, I don't lose sleep over anything on the internet. And yea, I bet you would drive a camry. No, they are not nice cars, sorry. Man enough to drive a chicks car? Haha, if you say so little guy. But you lost all say in any vehicle argument when you said a Raptor is just an F150. Or was it when you can't even change a slave cylinder properly? Tacos are just little high schooler trucks. But like Korey says, cool story bro.

Last edited by USMCFords; 10-12-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-12-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Haha. I just went and checked my threads. I can't believe you remembered that. Get a life, guy. No, seriously. But that can be expected from someone that has Captain Guy as his name. Go play with your little toy cars and stay away from any tools, except those made by Playskool.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-12-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Actually I didn't remember who you were until I checked your threads. Camry a girl's car? Right. Little guy? Now you are just being childish. Your maturity level really shows with every post you make. Oh any may name is Captain guy so stalkers like you can't research my name online just in case you wanna find a pic of my to rub one out to. Funny how a topic on the internet can bring the child out in you. You bore me little boy.

And if you read my post you would realize that I had other people change the slave because I don't have the space to do it in. Other than that I do everything myself. I changed the front diff out. Still works. Balljoints myself. Still fine. Various other parts all still working. You know nothing.

Raptor = F150.

Quoted from Edmunds

"Take the suspension, for instance. It's been completely revamped up front with all-new upper and lower wishbones, a revised tie rod, longer four-wheel-drive half-shafts and upgraded steering knuckles. The changes allow up to 11.2 inches of suspension travel in front and 13.4 inches in back."

^^^BFD

Last edited by whippersnapper02; 10-12-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 10-12-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
And if you read my post you would realize that I had other people change the slave because I don't have the space to do it in. Other than that I do everything myself. I changed the front diff out. Still works. Balljoints myself. Still fine. Various other parts all still working. You know nothing.
Don't have the space? Don't have the space to move the tranny/xmember back and bolt in a new slave? But you can change a front diff? Yea, I'm the one that knows nothing. Keep trying little guy.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-12-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Front diff was done at a buddy's house and it is easy to do compared to a clutch. I live in a house with a two car garage. Any work done on my truck has to be done before my uncle gets home from work since I can only work on his side of the garage. Whenever the slave goes I change out the clutch so no its not as simple as moving the tranny back. Also I have limited tools since I'm building my collection when I can and finnaly I have never done the clutch on a rear drive vehicle. Again you know nothing about me or what my skills are. Understand yet?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-12-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Front diff was done at a buddy's house and it is easy to do compared to a clutch. I live in a house with a two car garage. Any work done on my truck has to be done before my uncle gets home from work since I can only work on his side of the garage. Whenever the slave goes I change out the clutch so no its not as simple as moving the tranny back. Also I have limited tools since I'm building my collection when I can and finnaly I have never done the clutch on a rear drive vehicle. Again you know nothing about me or what my skills are. Understand yet?
Yes, it's still as simple as moving the tranny back. I did my first clutch when I was 15 in my driveway. First slave at 16. Same driveway. Just moved the tranny back on both Ranger clutches I did and the slave. Understand yet? You don't have a basic wrench and ratchet set? Doesn't suprise me.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-12-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Hey good for you and what you did. Want a cookie? So I can't work on my driveway since its slanted. Yeah sure I can chock the tires but no thanks. Lets see. I have a 1/2" drive Craftsman ratchet set, Craftsman Jack and jackstands, Cornwell 1/2" drive torque wrench, a set of Cornwell open end ratcheting wrenches, a cheap o breaker bar and a few other tools in a nice craftsman box. I like overkill and I don't consider the tools that I have to be enough to do major work so I won't do the clutch myself.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-13-2009
racsan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: central ohio
Posts: 647
stopped to look at the raptor at my local stealership sunday. 37K for a 1/2 ton? its cool, but 20K cool, not nearly 40K cool!
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 10-13-2009
billet03's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: centralcity, KY
Posts: 771
heres a little clip I found on youtube, I like the raptor, just can't buy it. lol
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 10-13-2009
Sixt9coug's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Norwalk, CA
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

Quoted from Edmunds

"Take the suspension, for instance. It's been completely revamped up front with all-new upper and lower wishbones, a revised tie rod, longer four-wheel-drive half-shafts and upgraded steering knuckles. The changes allow up to 11.2 inches

of suspension travel in front and 13.4 inches in back."

^^^BFD


Umm yeah its a big deal. Name another production fullsize that can do better. You wont find anything in the price range that will do that. Tacos cant. Tundras cant. Silverados cant.

None of them measure up. Not even when compared to just an F150.

BTW, im doing an engine swap from a 351W to a 428FE in a single car garage in a condo complex with nothing but a mix of Crafstman hand tools and a harbor freight cherry picker. Where theres motivation, theres a way to make it happen.

If i farm out a repair its because im either lazy, or i can afford to have someone else do it. I dont like to get greasy. Im a painter. Ill work over a Sata 3000 RP 1.2mm any day before wanting to pick up a wrench.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 10-13-2009
HarryTasker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by racsan View Post
stopped to look at the raptor at my local stealership sunday. 37K for a 1/2 ton? its cool, but 20K cool, not nearly 40K cool!
Was that your first time on a dealership in the past 20 years? You can't buy a new 4x4 Half ton full-size pick up for under 20k.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 10-13-2009
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTasker View Post
Was that your first time on a dealership in the past 20 years? You can't buy a new 4x4 Half ton full-size pick up for under 20k.
you are totally right, i'm up in canada, a regular cab 4x4 dodge ram 1500 is 40 000$...

and to jason and captain gay, you both need to shut the **** up and stop being retards. while one of you isn't a complete idiot, and is arguing a valid point... this argument is like the special olympics
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 10-13-2009
edgerider2002's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
you are totally right, i'm up in canada, a regular cab 4x4 dodge ram 1500 is 40 000$...

and to jason and captain gay, you both need to shut the **** up and stop being retards. while one of you isn't a complete idiot, and is arguing a valid point... this argument is like the special olympics
Because even if you win your still retarted
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 10-13-2009
Off-roadranger04's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 1,751
i think its a bad *** truck... A truck that can haul or tow your toys and still have fun with too! When my ranger is paid off im grabbin me a raptor. Ford tried something different and came out with a well put together truck that STOCK with just a roll cage finished 24th in the Baja 1000.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 10-13-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
you are totally right, i'm up in canada, a regular cab 4x4 dodge ram 1500 is 40 000$...

and to jason and captain gay, you both need to shut the **** up and stop being retards. while one of you isn't a complete idiot, and is arguing a valid point... this argument is like the special olympics
Meh. You don't like it then don't read. No one is forcing you.

HAHA. Oh man so funny with the captain "gay" I'm the bad guy because I don't like the Ford product. Don't care. I still don't like it.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 10-13-2009
--weezl--'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary AB, Canada
Posts: 3,139
sorry, i misread your name... but even if it were on purpose, it wouldn't be because you don't like ford, it would be because your a complete moron... an apple will never be an orange, no matter how much you try to think it is.

and as far as your philosophy goes, if you don't like ford, don't come to a ford website...
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 10-13-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by --weezl-- View Post
sorry, i misread your name... but even if it were on purpose, it wouldn't be because you don't like ford, it would be because your a complete moron... an apple will never be an orange, no matter how much you try to think it is.

and as far as your philosophy goes, if you don't like ford, don't come to a ford website...
Yes I am a moron. And you are so smart right? Shocks, A arms, electronic bs, some body panels and stickers don't make a different truck sorry. Then the FX4 F150 is a completely different truck then. It has different shocks and paint. I'd consider the B series more of a different truck compared to the Ranger since it looks nothing like the Ranger but not really since everything else is the same.

I can surf whatever website I please. I own a Ford and I know quite a bit about Fords so that's why I surf a Ford forum. Sorry if you don't like it but I really don't care. When the truck is gone I'll be gone. Till then tuff it out. Again I'm the bad guy for not liking what you kids are creaming over. Are you going to call the forum police because I don't like what you do? Better write a letter to Ford. Oh and I'm not the only one with this opinion I'm just the only one with ***** to say it.

Last edited by whippersnapper02; 10-14-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 10-14-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
It is still a F-150, I don't see how people are saying its not. Just like a Cobra is still a Mustang at heart, a Lighting is still a F-150, a SVT Focus is still a normal Focus, etc, etc
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 10-15-2009
ace of texas's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: saginaw, texas
Posts: 172
i see this is a love hate thread now, can we stay on the subject and not fight sorry guys.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-16-2009
ranger_mclaren's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-roadranger04 View Post
i think its a bad *** truck... A truck that can haul or tow your toys and still have fun with too! When my ranger is paid off im grabbin me a raptor. Ford tried something different and came out with a well put together truck that STOCK with just a roll cage finished 24th in the Baja 1000.
It had a little more than a roll cage, the motor wasn't stock it was pushing 500 horse power but it was running the same suspension set up that is available on the stock Raptor.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.