What would you do? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Ford Ranger Discussion General discussion of the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

View Poll Results: What would you choose?
6 inch lift for my truck 16 34.78%
Mustang 30 65.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-09-2006
ike34's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waterloo, IA
Posts: 268
What would you do?

I either want to save up for a 89-92 Ford Mustang or buy a 6 inch lift for my truck and run 33s. Im going to do one or the other in about a year so Im just curious what would you do? If I choose to get a mustang I will not be getting rid of my truck, I will never get rid of my truck.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2006
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
i would get a mustang
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2006
pastfinder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,252
Shoot the hostage.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2006
flomaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chino Valley , Az
Posts: 320
I voted for the stang. you already have a truck mang. if you can swing another car go for it. lift the truck later.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2006
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastfinder
Shoot the hostage.
HAHA!^ From Speed right?

I say get the Stang.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Oxford, PA
Posts: 20
I'd get the Mustang.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-2006
telemaster1952's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dover, Deleware
Posts: 3,481
as long as its 5.0 get the stang otherwise lift it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-10-2006
WhiteRabbit22's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nawlins
Posts: 401
Which Mustang are you talking about? What year, engine, style?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 298
It's always good to have a second vehicle, especially when you start modding one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2006
ike34's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waterloo, IA
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit22
Which Mustang are you talking about? What year, engine, style?
I want a fox body from 89-92 with a 5.0L of course, the body style dosent really matter to me, and if I choose to get a mustang I eventually want to put a kennebell 2.2L supercharger on it.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
honistly i would say mustang because your truck is a 3.0L its wimpy on power to lift it that large. but from past experinces i know first hand a older secound vehical drains your bank REALLY fast with also having to fund two vehicals

personally i would take option C and save save save and sell the '00 and get a newer ranger 4.0L 4x4 then lift that
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2006
bwester04's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,641
stang.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2006
Fazda's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 438
Mustang.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-10-2006
WhiteRabbit22's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nawlins
Posts: 401
as long as it's the 5.0L, I'd definitely say get the stang.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-10-2006
01xltranger4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 3,200
Mustang all the way..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-10-2006
SteveOh's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ft. Campbell Kentucky
Posts: 4,585
i voted for the stang....gotta have that speed in your system...lol (gutter people not that kind of speed)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-11-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Haverhill, MA
Posts: 1,907
i picked stang since u already got a truck and there fun to drive.

what kind of lights did u put in ur valence??? there are 2 sets of light where the foglights go and what size are they like inches i have been looking for something to do there.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-11-2006
ike34's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waterloo, IA
Posts: 268
I dont remember the size of them at the moment I think they are 3 inch but I will check when I am done at school. I got them at walmart if that helps any.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-11-2006
Dadinator's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Guston, KY
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike34
I either want to save up for a 89-92 Ford Mustang or buy a 6 inch lift for my truck and run 33s. Im going to do one or the other in about a year so Im just curious what would you do? If I choose to get a mustang I will not be getting rid of my truck, I will never get rid of my truck.
Get the Stang and put the 5.0 in your truck!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-11-2006
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cincinnati,Oh
Posts: 67
5.0l are a little disapointing out of the box. However with the KB if you do it right WOW. The problem with the KB is you have to do alot of other mods to make it run right. Sure you can slap it on a pure stock motor but if you beat it you will blow something in under 1000k. I assume you will get the blowzilla?
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...-flowzilla.htm
If you dont do some headwork and get a good set of headers alone with the rest of the exhaust you will be blowing headgaskets ALL day long once you get into boost. I know all about that.
You will also need a new MAF, TB, Injectors and boost a pump. I think that kit includes a KB chip but I am not sure.
Dont get me wrong if you do all the right mods before you install the blower you will be around 450-500hp but thats ALOT of money.
If you have questions about supercharging or mods PM I just spent about 8$k and alot of time to get my blown bird running right
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-11-2006
Roach2004's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,320
lift
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-11-2006
lifted97ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Charlestown, IN
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
honistly i would say mustang because your truck is a 3.0L its wimpy on power to lift it that large. but from past experinces i know first hand a older secound vehical drains your bank REALLY fast with also having to fund two vehicals

personally i would take option C and save save save and sell the '00 and get a newer ranger 4.0L 4x4 then lift that
ummmmmm.......i agree........
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-11-2006
BRENSRANGER's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,308
another vote for the stang
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-11-2006
karrbass4life's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 3,072
Honda lol sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-11-2006
ike34's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waterloo, IA
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fx4
5.0l are a little disapointing out of the box. However with the KB if you do it right WOW. The problem with the KB is you have to do alot of other mods to make it run right. Sure you can slap it on a pure stock motor but if you beat it you will blow something in under 1000k. I assume you will get the blowzilla?
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...-flowzilla.htm
If you dont do some headwork and get a good set of headers alone with the rest of the exhaust you will be blowing headgaskets ALL day long once you get into boost. I know all about that.
You will also need a new MAF, TB, Injectors and boost a pump. I think that kit includes a KB chip but I am not sure.
Dont get me wrong if you do all the right mods before you install the blower you will be around 450-500hp but thats ALOT of money.
If you have questions about supercharging or mods PM I just spent about 8$k and alot of time to get my blown bird running right

I have it all planned out what I'm going to do if I get a stang because I orginally wanted a stang as my first car but my dad wouldnt let me so, I got my ranger. I know all about the supporting mods I need for the kennebell but I know its going to be awile because I have do all those mods first.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you had 5k....what would you do...with my truck lol DallyBoy09 General Ford Ranger Discussion 22 09-06-2009 03:19 AM
so then would you say this would be better? DeMar17 Audio & Video Tech 1 05-04-2009 05:54 PM
How much is this truck worth to you and would you buy it? zabeard General Ford Ranger Discussion 87 06-13-2008 10:32 PM
If you had the choice which engine would you choose? redranger4.0 General Ford Ranger Discussion 122 09-24-2007 08:44 PM
If you could, what would you do? Steve_O113 General Ford Ranger Discussion 28 05-15-2007 07:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.