How can I put Seaform through the vaccum hoses? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Technical & Electrical General technical and electrical discussion for the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-16-2010
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bradford, NY
Posts: 23
How can I put Seaform through the vaccum hoses?

Hey Folks,
I have put Seafoam through my gas and oil, but would like to have it suck through the vacuum hoses of my 2.3L 4 cyl. I can't identify which hose(s) would be best to put it through. Can someone tell/show me, please?

Thanks a lot folks. Y'all have gotten me through some Ranger problems before!

Briz
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-16-2010
robert99ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana/Mississippi
Posts: 5,807
I think people take there Brake Booster hose off at the Booster and put it in that way. I'm not a 100% but pretty sure thats what they do. I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-16-2010
countryboy_110's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edenton NC
Posts: 182
yeah the brake booster hose is definetly the way to go
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-16-2010
Rapala's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 826
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-17-2010
BlutoBodine's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 543
Not sure why you would want to use the largest hose to dump the largest volume of solvent, in the shortest amount of time? There is such a thing as Hydrolock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


I always use the smallest vacuum hose @ engine, and even then I use a reducer on the hose so the fluid is drawn into the engine as slow as possible. Large funnel through large hose just wasn't something I wanted to try - One hiccup or sneeze and I'd probably be the one with a messed up engine.

Last edited by BlutoBodine; 09-17-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-17-2010
Rapala's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 826
thats why you dont pour it all in..... if you read it.. hint hint... lol. It says to not pour it all in and to play it by ear. When the truck begins to stubble like you got a cam in there thats when you stop. You dont go crazy with it unless your just a DA... and I dont mean Dual Action Polisher
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-17-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Killafornia
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlutoBodine View Post
Not sure why you would want to use the largest hose to dump the largest volume of solvent, in the shortest amount of time? There is such a thing as Hydrolock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


I always use the smallest vacuum hose @ engine, and even then I use a reducer on the hose so the fluid is drawn into the engine as slow as possible. Large funnel through large hose just wasn't something I wanted to try - One hiccup or sneeze and I'd probably be the one with a messed up engine.
the truck wont even run with that large of a hole just open. you gotta plug it with your thumb and let it suck the seafoam from a Tupperware or other easily handled containers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-17-2010
BlutoBodine's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
thats why you dont pour it all in..... if you read it.. hint hint... lol. It says to not pour it all in and to play it by ear. When the truck begins to stubble like you got a cam in there thats when you stop. You dont go crazy with it unless your just a DA... and I dont mean Dual Action Polisher
You'd be surprised how some manage to not read, or just misinterpret. Like I said, when you're dealing with a large hole and (as the instructions showed) a good sized funnel the unexpected can happen. Don't have to be "crazy" to mess up, just not realizing that you're fingers were oily enough to let the can slip...and oops.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-17-2010
BlutoBodine's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES894x4 View Post
the truck wont even run with that large of a hole just open. you gotta plug it with your thumb and let it suck the seafoam from a Tupperware or other easily handled containers
Or just find a smaller vacuum line.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't find Vacuum hoses and leak winchesterbc 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 7 02-03-2014 08:17 PM
Seaform myersth 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 4 12-16-2012 08:06 PM
New JL VR650-CSI, put screwdriver through rubber surround. Bence Audio & Video Tech 0 07-17-2008 09:20 PM
Vaccum Leak? 01xltranger4x4 4.0L OHV & SOHC V6 Tech 14 01-29-2007 12:50 PM
can anyone show me how to extend hoses? TippnOver Drivetrain Tech 17 01-17-2005 05:15 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.