Need electric help for 04 Ranger - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


General Technical & Electrical General technical and electrical discussion for the Ford Ranger that does not fit in any other sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-02-2009
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
Need electric help for 04 Ranger

2004 Ranger

I want to have the extrerior lights kick on with the dome light and work with the dimmer light clicked all the way up. Where can I find a wire close to the front that could trigger a relay? I'm also going to have the relay power my new overhead console dome bulbs.

Then on my overhead console I need to know where the smart junction box is located on my 2004. I have searched and people constantly talk about it but never where it is.

Okay and lastly what wires do I need to tap into for the mirror turn signals.

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited by Hillyard; 10-03-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2009
V8 Level II's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillyard View Post
2004 Ranger

I want to have the extrerior lights kick on with the dome light and work with the dimmer light clicked all the way up. Where can I find a wire close to the front that could trigger a relay? I'm also going to have the relay power my new overhead console dome bulbs.
The factory dome is on the black/light blue wire which runs from the SJB gray connector to the dome. The wire to the Ex overhead console dome is the same color.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillyard View Post
Then on my overhead console I need to know where the smart junction box is located on my 2004. I have searched and people constantly talk about it but never where it is.
2004+ under the passenger side kick panel.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillyard View Post
Okay and lastly what wires do I need to tap into for the mirror turn signals.
Front turn signal wires from the Multifunction (LH stalk) Switch through the firewall to the front of the truck:

left: light green/white
right: white/light blue
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2009
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
You're the man!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Major electric problems. NEED HELP! MothMan999 General Technical & Electrical 4 09-05-2010 01:19 PM
Problems installing electric tailgate lock - need help Hillyard Interior Semi-Tech 2 09-07-2009 06:09 PM
a1 electric alarm and power doors..help thef9est1 General Technical & Electrical 3 12-31-2007 04:25 PM
Can I run two electric fans with my Bronco's stock electric system? winks General Technical & Electrical 10 10-10-2007 09:08 AM
electric problem: please help Werty General Technical & Electrical 11 10-17-2006 02:24 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:33 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.