Want to Buy: Cruise Control Steering Wheel Pods, South Carolina - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. Ford Ranger interior, exterior, and electrical parts, i.e. overhead consoles, speakers, lights, bumpers, doors, wiring. This sub-forum is also for ads which list multiple Ford Ranger items per thread.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-09-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Cruise Control Steering Wheel Pods, South Carolina

Does anyone have the Pods (left and right side) Motorcraft part SW-5928, Ford part F87Z-9C888BB or F87A9D809BA. I would like to replace mine as they have delaminated/cracked. Condition and price matters. Photo's a must (clear not blurred), showing all sides and face/rear.
  #2  
Old 10-09-2012
Clinton's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
If you dont mind waiting a few weeks, I am trying to get to a yard and I will get you a set
  #3  
Old 10-09-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
If you dont mind waiting a few weeks, I am trying to get to a yard and I will get you a set
Hey thanks! Being a disabled Vietnam era Desert Shield/Storm unemployed pensioned vet, cost/shipping IS very important. I could wait months if the price is right. Haven't went to local 'recycle' yard yet but like I said time isn't an issue. I rarely drive at night (bad eyes as well, am a mess for sure) but when I drove late the other day I was surprised the pod on the left was so bright with all that laminate gone. The black rubberized laminate was deteriorating over a couple years time but recently have just massively peeled off the left pod almost completely. Please send me a PM or contact me again when you know the details, ok? Thanks again! George
  #4  
Old 10-09-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Sounds like you just need the covers. I may have a set of covers/full pods kicking around. I'll take a look in a few minutes. If i do, just pay shipping and they're yours. I have no use for them since I have an 04 and they changed the style of the steering wheel, airbag, and cruise control toggles.


Edit: I don't have any, I may have thrown them out. I can get you a set tomorrow.

Last edited by 99offroadrngr; 10-09-2012 at 11:37 PM.
  #5  
Old 10-10-2012
Clinton's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
If pedro doesnt get them for you, shoot me a pm. Once I make it to the yard I am getting a bunch anyway so just let me know if you need them
  #6  
Old 10-10-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
I don't get peoples hopes up lol



Attached Thumbnails
Cruise Control Steering Wheel Pods, South Carolina-c2b86139-90f4-475b-9305-e0676d29e992-7877-000005cc6f9c55f1.jpg   Cruise Control Steering Wheel Pods, South Carolina-70394565-4ac8-4bc3-8b34-69a461fc10e6-7877-000005cc7826305e.jpg  
  #7  
Old 10-10-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
Sounds like you just need the covers. I may have a set of covers/full pods kicking around. I'll take a look in a few minutes. If i do, just pay shipping and they're yours. I have no use for them since I have an 04 and they changed the style of the steering wheel, airbag, and cruise control toggles.


Edit: I don't have any, I may have thrown them out. I can get you a set tomorrow.
Yeah the covers, you can see that I haven't taken them apart yet so wow didn't know they come apart and are easily replaced like that. COOL!
  #8  
Old 10-10-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
If pedro doesnt get them for you, shoot me a pm. Once I make it to the yard I am getting a bunch anyway so just let me know if you need them
Looks like the rear of those pods shouldn't need replacing as nothing back there was coming apart. I thought the little buggers were one piece sealed inside the cover. Those pictures in these posted replies sure clarify, thats what I like about the forums, so much in-depth knowledge and experience. Now that I know whats needed seems the shipping could be real inexpensive. All the functions work (when it works, thats another story, I suspect its the deactivation switch on top of the master cylinder and am trying to get an internal schematic of the switch). I knew our forum would be the place to go!
  #9  
Old 10-10-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
I don't get peoples hopes up lol



Cannot get any more clear than this! Awsome forum, just a few posts and the entire easy repair is just about a given. Even with my flawed vision, I have no problem seeing exactly what needs to be done. It certainly is just the covers. Mine are totalled (left is the worst, right side is about where the left side was a year or so ago). So, yeah, those covers would be the perfect fix as the switch functions are all working as they should (when its working, I suspect the deactivation switch is defective but am trying to find an internal schematic to confirm). I already sourced a new deactivation switch but as you might have read previousely here in the forum I would much rather be sure, unlike a dealer/mechanic who might just throw parts at it until they hit on the right one :) ...
  #10  
Old 10-10-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
If you need them let me know. I put them with my other spare parts
  #11  
Old 10-11-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
If pedro doesnt get them for you, shoot me a pm. Once I make it to the yard I am getting a bunch anyway so just let me know if you need them
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
Sounds like you just need the covers. I may have a set of covers/full pods kicking around. I'll take a look in a few minutes. If i do, just pay shipping and they're yours. I have no use for them since I have an 04 and they changed the style of the steering wheel, airbag, and cruise control toggles.


Edit: I don't have any, I may have thrown them out. I can get you a set tomorrow.

:) Wow, I figured out the multiple quote thing. Where are we, a good shape set of overlays without the circuitboards (seems the least expensive and looks easy enough. I actually popped loose the right side outer edge overlay today when I went out to the base on my volunteering job). I didn't pull it any further as it may have to be completely removed to get at all the clips safely. Saw another post where some have taken the circuit card out completely for bulb changes/color swap but didn'y know the details until the pictures were posted here. I am going to assume (yeah with all the risks of the word assUme) the cost must be worked out first, as I know how people get burned, so who's got the best looking set and what do I have to budget. It looks like they may easily fit in a USPS 3x5 bubblewrap envelope with some tissue/paper between em but how fragil they are is something I know not yet. I only need one set so I can PM both of you my address and phone number and the zip is 29168 south carolina.

George

BTW, I tried to get set up to receive emails when someone posted but it will not update (meaning no emails) and am not sure why. I think I can send PM's we'll see...

Last edited by Ranger69; 10-11-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added info
  #12  
Old 10-13-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Clinton, Pedro is sending me a set! Thanks for your help and offer. Please save your set for another in need! If by chance (and I seriousely doubt it) the post office loses the set, I may come ask you. Again, guys, awsome help for an ole fart like me!
  #13  
Old 10-14-2012
Clinton's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA.
Posts: 1,417
Good deal! If you need anything just let me know
  #14  
Old 10-14-2012
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger69 View Post
BTW, I tried to get set up to receive emails when someone posted but it will not update (meaning no emails) and am not sure why. I think I can send PM's we'll see...
Check your Profile, you can set it up for responses the way you want them, instant, daily or one more but it evades me.

Also, when you post to a thread, go to the Advanced posting and at the bottom you will see a section you can click and select what type of response you want for that post.

If nothing else works, PM Clinton and ask him directly.
  #15  
Old 10-14-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
Check your Profile, you can set it up for responses the way you want them, instant, daily or one more but it evades me.

Also, when you post to a thread, go to the Advanced posting and at the bottom you will see a section you can click and select what type of response you want for that post.

If nothing else works, PM Clinton and ask him directly.

:) Hey thanks scrambler82, found out why I couldn't update profile/post stuff. I didn't have a year in the birthday box. Once I took care of that it let me do everything I wanted it to do (and save). As it sits, (noooo, I care less what ppl think of how old I am, and I'm not hiding it). I get PM's, and notices from admin for when I screw up something now... :)
  #16  
Old 10-18-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Pedro, you got $...
  #17  
Old 10-18-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Received, label printed, and will drop it off today.
  #18  
Old 10-23-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Royal Palm Beach
Posts: 1
I NEED A SET AS WELL

bought a 99 Explorer from someone I knew who was moving to Cali - it was i perfect shape other than the Cruise Control Buttons - I sold it to a lady at church for the same price I paid.

I had figured that the fellow used the Cruise Control so much he wore them out - if the other set of buttons is available please let me know this is a new acct so I don't know if the email works yet my number is 88 8 675 4 075
thanks
Chip
  #19  
Old 10-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
.

Last edited by 99offroadrngr; 10-23-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: traded items offered
  #20  
Old 10-23-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
Received, label printed, and will drop it off today.

Hey Pedro! Pods came in yesterday and look GREAT! Today the deactivator switch came in so I installed the pods first (seeing as they got here first (hehehe). Install of the pods went so easy! Taking the old ROTTED ones out was the easiest, just pulled them out the front (in many nasty oily small pieces). Took the airbag off and left it plugged in and stored it right above the wheel center trapped by the top of the steering wheel (did not unplug the airbag, and yes I did take neg cable off and drained the system with both turning the light switch on and waiting 5 minutes). I was actually able to remove the old circuit cards right through the front before taking the wire connector off the pod back. It made it extremely easy to slip the connector out of the back of the pod since the connector pins & circuit card was not in place. A simple wiggle of the connector and the connector popped right out of the pod back. Reassembly was easy as well. I put the pod cover and circuit card together, then popped it into the pod rear, and simply pluged in the wire connector. After that remounted the pods onto the wheel and then reinstalled the airbag. Job Done, Thanks Pedro!
  #21  
Old 10-23-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger69 View Post
Hey Pedro! Pods came in yesterday and look GREAT! Today the deactivator switch came in so I installed the pods first (seeing as they got here first (hehehe). Install of the pods went so easy! Taking the old ROTTED ones out was the easiest, just pulled them out the front (in many nasty oily small pieces). Took the airbag off and left it plugged in and stored it right above the wheel center trapped by the top of the steering wheel (did not unplug the airbag, and yes I did take neg cable off and drained the system with both turning the light switch on and waiting 5 minutes). I was actually able to remove the old circuit cards right through the front before taking the wire connector off the pod back. It made it extremely easy to slip the connector out of the back of the pod since the connector pins & circuit card was not in place. A simple wiggle of the connector and the connector popped right out of the pod back. Reassembly was easy as well. I put the pod cover and circuit card together, then popped it into the pod rear, and simply pluged in the wire connector. After that remounted the pods onto the wheel and then reinstalled the airbag. Job Done, Thanks Pedro!
no problem glad they made it to you safely!

I left you some iTrader feedback as well.
  #22  
Old 10-26-2012
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 39
Icon5 Done Deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
no problem glad they made it to you safely!

I left you some iTrader feedback as well.
I was coming in here to ask you all about that itrader stuff, then found your PM and it linked to what I was going to ask you. Sometimes these forums are easy enough even for this ole guy. Left you FB/Rating, hope it was concise enough! Now, do I 'mark as sold' up at the top, or is that for if I was selling something?
  #23  
Old 10-28-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Mark as sold to close the thread
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cruise pods boyd_835 Interior Semi-Tech 4 04-08-2013 10:51 PM
For Sale: Cruise pods w harness,Expo HVAC,Steer shaft, OH Maggied6.0Ranger Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 4 04-27-2012 12:31 AM
Want to Buy: 96 Cruise Control Pods, no electronics needed. KY buggman Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 0 06-19-2010 11:24 PM
Modding cruise control to a non cruise Ranger 2001fordranger General Technical & Electrical 1 07-29-2009 11:58 PM
Adding LED's to cruise control pods how-to n3elz Interior Semi-Tech 4 11-21-2004 09:02 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.