Bought my Boys a Ranger - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Member Introductions New to Ranger-Forums.com? Please take a moment and introduce yourself.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-16-2013
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Posts: 10
Bought my Boys a Ranger

My sons (twins) get their license in February and I wanted to get them a small truck. I loved the style of the Ranger but was also looking at other Makes. Long story short, I found a very nice, low mileage (47K), 2001 XLT. I pick it up Thursday. I think I may be more excited than them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-16-2013
01_ranger_4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 3,585
Thats awesome! Hope they appreciate i and take care of it. Kids seems to be different about driving now than when I got my licence, I was happy as a pig in slop to be driving a beat up old 86 ranger with a billion miles and I cherished it, I would have been floored had my father bought me a nice low mileage truck like you just did. Post up some pics!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-16-2013
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
Thats awesome! Hope they appreciate i and take care of it. Kids seems to be different about driving now than when I got my licence, I was happy as a pig in slop to be driving a beat up old 86 ranger with a billion miles and I cherished it, I would have been floored had my father bought me a nice low mileage truck like you just did. Post up some pics!
No joke! You should see the vehicles that litter the High School parking lot nowadays. Most of them are nicer than any vehicle I own!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2013
m_doiron's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 31
Yesterday's parents wanted to be parents.
Today's parents want to be friends.

(Welcome to the Forum to the dad, and congrats to his fortunate twins.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2013
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_doiron View Post
Yesterday's parents wanted to be parents.
Today's parents want to be friends.

(Welcome to the Forum to the dad, and congrats to his fortunate twins.)
I own the truck, they get to use it. I currently drive them to school every day. Sports, church functions and anywhere else they need to go, so this is not really a freebie for them but liberates me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2013
m_doiron's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop99 View Post
I own the truck, they get to use it. I currently drive them to school every day. Sports, church functions and anywhere else they need to go, so this is not really a freebie for them but liberates me.
I still say the twins are fortunate to have a PARENT like you.

Welcome to the Forum (pics please LOL)

Mark

PS I should have learned to use the quote button earlier - I was talking in general terms and responding to Razorsedge's comment about high school parking lots full of nicer vehicles than any of his.

PS2 This dad bought a 12 year old Ranger to share with his sons. If he had bought a brand new Mustang GT convertible for EACH of them, then yes my comment about today's parents would have been directed at him LOL.

Last edited by m_doiron; 09-18-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2013
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Nothing wrong with buying your kid's a vehicle. My parents bought my first vehicle, a 97 2.3l reg cab Ranger. It was an awesome thing for them to do and I really appreciated it, but the kinds of cars a lot of kids have given to them these days just amazes me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2013
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_doiron View Post
I still say the twins are fortunate to have a PARENT like you.

Welcome to the Forum (pics please LOL)

Mark

PS I should have learned to use the quote button earlier - I was talking in general terms and responding to Razorsedge's comment about high school parking lots full of nicer vehicles than any of his.

PS2 This dad bought a 12 year old Ranger to share with his sons. If he had bought a brand new Mustang GT convertible for EACH of them, then yes my comment about today's parents would have been directed at him LOL.
I'm glad you re-posted. To tell you the truth I was a little peeved, but I'm all better now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-21-2013
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sturtevant, WI
Posts: 10
I picked the truck up Thursday. I'm happy with the purchase except I made one small mistake. I originally looked at it in the rain. If any of you watch "Wheeler Dealers", you know this is a Mike Brewer no no. It's got a few small dings I didn't see and quite a bit of scratches of varying degrees. I do like to do auto detailing so I think I can get out most of the scratches. The highlight is my boys love it. The color is Deep Wedgewood blue so it's already been nicknamed "The Blueberry". After I work on the paint I'll post some pics.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-21-2013
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_doiron View Post
Yesterday's parents wanted to be parents.
Today's parents want to be friends.
Amen !
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-21-2013
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: mtn view
Posts: 40
I wouldn't wory about working to much on the paint and such till the kidos have got some more time behind the wheel. Young drivers have a tendency to bump into and scrape up against things. lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to Buy: Wanted OEM Bed Rail Caps Ranger Edge tall boys MyLittleRedRanger Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 0 08-11-2015 10:11 PM
Playing with the big boys now... WildRanger09 Member Introductions 11 09-23-2008 05:48 PM
KC HiLights fan boys... need your help... what price are we talking... rngprerunner General Technical & Electrical 5 04-10-2008 07:46 AM
dont hate me boys. franger General Ford Ranger Discussion 37 05-10-2007 07:07 PM
Pep-Boys simple trnas service... shuckyd Drivetrain Tech 19 08-02-2005 09:27 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.