whats up from jersey - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Member Introductions New to Ranger-Forums.com? Please take a moment and introduce yourself.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
whats up from jersey

hey whats up anyone here from jersey? just bought my third ranger. i started with a 2000 2wd. then i had an 02 4x4 that i beat the hell outta. i hydrolocked the motor at 19000 miles. i seen guys questioning wether or not to get a snorkel and i highly suggest it, i didnt go thru a deep puddle when i blew my motor. so now i got a 1994 4x4. i am looking to get an edge bumper and a lift for now
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2008
mossyoak03's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 193
welcome to RF! 19000 that one had a short life
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoak03 View Post
welcome to RF! 19000 that one had a short life
haha yea it did, insurance replaced the engine for me so it got another 20000 before i traded it in for a sport trac. big mistake there.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
Welcome to RF. I live in Jackson, but work in East Brunswick, so I'm pretty close. Where do you go wheeling?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
Welcome to RF. I live in Jackson, but work in East Brunswick, so I'm pretty close. Where do you go wheeling?
hey whats going on, i used to live in south river. i havent gone wheeling in a while i used to go to sayreville behind the hercules plant but they shut it down and impound trucks now cuz they put up a horseback riding business and they ride the horses on the trails we used to wheel on. i used to ride my dirt bike over at claytons in jackson. any new areas around us for wheeling?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2008
FordFever's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsranger View Post
haha yea it did, insurance replaced the engine for me so it got another 20000 before i traded it in for a sport trac. big mistake there.
welcome to the site
did you not like the sport trac?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2008
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Hey, Kevin, I was born and raised in NJ and still wheel the Pine Barrens a lot. I live over in PA now though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFever View Post
welcome to the site
did you not like the sport trac?
no not for offroading, for a soccer mom its a great truck but it flips over really easily check out the pics from my accident last febuary. yea ford hates me nowadays haha

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
^Ouch.

You can go wheeling in Sayreville in an area right behind the Outback Steakhouse, its all JCP&L property, so don't get caught if you do it.

Legally, you can wheel in Wharton State Forrest and over by me in Colliers Mills, Jackson. I'm sure there are other places as well, but that's all I know of off hand. We've had some really good meets over in Wharton, and you can always find water there. In my signature you'll see a link for my Ranger and Bronco, if you click on that, you can see some photos from there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
^Ouch.

You can go wheeling in Sayreville in an area right behind the Outback Steakhouse, its all JCP&L property, so don't get caught if you do it.

Legally, you can wheel in Wharton State Forrest and over by me in Colliers Mills, Jackson. I'm sure there are other places as well, but that's all I know of off hand. We've had some really good meets over in Wharton, and you can always find water there. In my signature you'll see a link for my Ranger and Bronco, if you click on that, you can see some photos from there.
i tried to fish over at colliers mills and couldnt launch my boat. i went thru the trails in the woods with my ranger and boat and trailer and almost hit a chick riding a horse. my freind went to wharton and said it was all hard packed fire trails no mud. thats a sweet bronco, i had a 96 that i lifted 6" suspension and 3"body with 35x12/50 thornbergs but it rode like crap and the front end was too weak to really get in the mud with with the tires that big and heavy.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
great thing with fords is i flipped that truck at 60 mph 2 1/2 times with no seatbelt on and only had a blood nose and small bruises. the cops came and i was trying to find my cigarettes in the truck that i just bought lol
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-01-2008
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsranger View Post
i tried to fish over at colliers mills and couldnt launch my boat. i went thru the trails in the woods with my ranger and boat and trailer and almost hit a chick riding a horse. my freind went to wharton and said it was all hard packed fire trails no mud. thats a sweet bronco, i had a 96 that i lifted 6" suspension and 3"body with 35x12/50 thornbergs but it rode like crap and the front end was too weak to really get in the mud with with the tires that big and heavy.
Your friend doesn't know a dribbling spout about Wharton. It's 110,000 acres and I doubt he saw very much of it.

Click on my Cardomain link in my signature below, and then click the link to my videos. You'll see some Wharton mud and water fun in variouis videos.

Wharton has water holes that can swallow your truck, mud with no bottom, and sugar sand that sinks in like a soft pillow.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz View Post
Your friend doesn't know a dribbling spout about Wharton. It's 110,000 acres and I doubt he saw very much of it.

Click on my Cardomain link in my signature below, and then click the link to my videos. You'll see some Wharton mud and water fun in variouis videos.

Wharton has water holes that can swallow your truck, mud with no bottom, and sugar sand that sinks in like a soft pillow.
damn you aint kidding, haha, i knew i had doubts when he told me that. i am gonna have to get out there soon and see for myself. he probably went to the wrong place. is this place in south jersey or noth jersey? he said he went south but i only know of wharton nj up north
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
It is South Jersey, Right off of Rt 206. Its probably about an hour 15 from you.

Those photos of my Bronco you saw are pretty much all from there. Look hard enough and you'll find something to get stuck in at Wharton.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2008
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
There'll be some meets organized by folks from here, Kevin. Keep an eye out and go out with us a few times and we'll show you some of the fun spots.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-01-2008
kevinsranger's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: jersey
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz View Post
There'll be some meets organized by folks from here, Kevin. Keep an eye out and go out with us a few times and we'll show you some of the fun spots.

yea definitely, i gotta look over this truck this weekend with the warm weather we are gonna have. its only got a 3"body lift on it and 31x10 tires on it, but they are brand new so i am not tearing them off yet lol. i need an edge bumper, i seen a pic of someones on here that looks the same as mine and it looks really good.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-2008
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
You can wheel Wharton. Most everywhere we go there's "go-arounds" and where there isn't we can find a way to get you through. We've drug vehicles with their engine off through deep holes before to keep them from hydro-locking. We started doing that after one too many hydro-locks happened to us.

There's usually two kinds of meets: ones we kind of organize quietly for the more capable vehicles, and ones we organize publicly for all vehicles often including stock.

I haven't been in like a year almost, but that's because I was getting my truck converted to a SAS and 4 wheel drive. Not quite done everything yet but I'm getting there and plan on challenging Wharton again in the spring.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 1,301
welcome to the site.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2008
bryanjints's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Posts: 1,857
Welcome. I am also a jersey guy that wheels wharton often. I live about 25 minutes from mud that would swallow your truck. Check the sig pic I have. That is n3elz getting me unstuck. I have 3" body lift and 33's. My wheels were not touching the bottom. you need to come with us next time we go out so you can get that truck dirty. BUT GET A SNORKEL.

Not that you will know what this means but everyone else will...I think RF has someone with worse luck than Travis (l2en).

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3elz View Post
You can wheel Wharton. Most everywhere we go there's "go-arounds" and where there isn't we can find a way to get you through. We've drug vehicles with their engine off through deep holes before to keep them from hydro-locking. We started doing that after one too many hydro-locks happened to us.

There's usually two kinds of meets: ones we kind of organize quietly for the more capable vehicles, and ones we organize publicly for all vehicles often including stock.

I haven't been in like a year almost, but that's because I was getting my truck converted to a SAS and 4 wheel drive. Not quite done everything yet but I'm getting there and plan on challenging Wharton again in the spring.
John I thought it was more than a year for you but hey what do I know. we need to get a meet there soon.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-01-2008
Brit-ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 651
welcome to RF!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-01-2008
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Maybe it is more than a year, Bryan? Whatever it is -- it feels like FOREVER!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-01-2008
Machine090767's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,410
welcome to R-F, Kevin!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-01-2008
Trigger01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 18,788
Howdy! Dang your rough on trucks! Welcome to the site.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-20-2010
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New jersey
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsranger View Post
yea definitely, i gotta look over this truck this weekend with the warm weather we are gonna have. its only got a 3"body lift on it and 31x10 tires on it, but they are brand new so i am not tearing them off yet lol. i need an edge bumper, i seen a pic of someones on here that looks the same as mine and it looks really good.
a little late... but welcome to the site KevinsRanger.... did you ever end up getting that sweet Edge Bumper?? HAHAHA
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-20-2010
djfllmn's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,796
holy dead thread batman
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new jersey 4x4 spaz1879 Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 22 07-25-2008 11:05 PM
New Guy From South Jersey MikeyFord3 Member Introductions 9 06-07-2008 08:02 PM
How many from Jersey/PA area? STRUCK General Ford Ranger Discussion 26 03-24-2006 07:20 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.