Want to Trade: 2002 Ford Ranger Edge - PA - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Miscellaneous Items Anything not Ford Ranger related.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-01-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Icon7 2002 Ford Ranger Edge - PA

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge that I would like to trade for either a diesel or a fleetside 5spd Ranger. I love the truck, it is most definatley my most favorite vehicle that I've had and I've had more than a few. I just miss having a 5spd and we have a wood stove so when we cut wood the extra bed space would help.

The truck has the 4.0L SOHC V6 motor and automatic transmission. Both of which are in great shape, no knocks, taps, etc. I change the oil and do most of the maintinence myself. I'm very picky when it comes to my vehicles. The truck has under 120k miles, but will go up as I daily drive it. 4x4 works great, used it several times this winter.
Has new brakes all around, rotors, pads and even calipers up front and shoes in the rear.

It has the stepside bed (obviously) with a bed liner and roll up cover.
I have a set of 5 (spare included) 16x8" American Racing aluminum wheels with center caps, nice chrome lugs, and locks. Tires are BF-Goodwrench and have about 1/2 tread.

Inside it has the leather seats with the power option on the driver's side. Rear sliding glass, power windows and door locks, power mirrors (missing pass side), Sony cd player with aux input, Pioneer speakers all around (I'm an audiophile and they sound great!), also has the rubberized floor (no nasty carpet).

The truck needs the pass side mirror...$50 for a new one, a couple bucks off here or at a salvage yard, I've been looking for a used one since I got it almost a year ago so I'm about ready to just buy a new one.
Also missing the rear jump seats, the previous owner decided it would be more awesome to have some big sound system back there. I removed it all but the wiring (Kicker...nice stuff :) ) and I have been looking for them
ever since, but again with no luck.
Last week the hinge on the arm rest in the center console broke on me.
Small amount of rust on the inside bottom of the tailgate (6" long)

Thats about it. I'm mainly looking to trade; however, if someone is interested I would sell outright. KBB and NADA value it around $11,000 so we'll start there. If your truck is worth less I expect cash on top, I don't really have much cash to add on my end, but we'll see. Please call or text any questions to 717-816-3564
I can take pictures and email them very quickly from my iPhone so I you want to see something just ask. It is a little dirty at the moment because of the crapy weather.

Name:  28d69f0d.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  210.0 KB
Name:  df33f633.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  187.6 KB

Thanks for looking! Its 4am so I may have forgotten a few things. If I have I will promptly edit this post. Show me what you got!

Last edited by joshc697; 03-01-2011 at 04:00 AM.
  #2  
Old 03-01-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
CLEAN title by the way...in hand, no lein
  #3  
Old 03-01-2011
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
I think $11k is a far stretch for that truck. Nothing against it but they can be had for a lot cheaper. If your looking for an out right sale it would have to be lower. But maybe someone would use that for a trade value.

Also just a couple options. The stepside bed is kinda in high demand so you might be able to trade beds with someone. That is what I did on my truck. I wanted the fleetside so I traded my stepside. And a 5sp swap can be done rather easily if you have some skills. Just a couple options. GLWS
  #4  
Old 03-01-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
you must not have read the entire thread so let me make this clear, I said KBB and NADA value the truck at around $11k so "WE'LL START THERE!" I know we are still in a bit of a recession, but KBB/NADA values are a good starting point. And did you read the part where I said "MAINLY LOOKING TO TRADE"?
I know about trading beds, but thus far I have not found anyone nearby with a black, edge, fleet-side bed. I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money having the new bed painted and pin stripped. As far as the 5spd swap, I do have some skills, but this is my only vehicle and daily driver, nothing else to drive while the swap is taking place. And you always encounter problems when doing stuff like that (the one bolt thats seized and i have to torch will be the one bolt the stealership doesn't have in stock and it will take 2-3 business days to get in so I'll be without a vehicle)
Thanks for the bump buddy, but please #1 read the whole thread and #2 don't hate

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT RANGER-FORUMS! SOMEONE TRADE ME A FLEET-SIDE 5SPD! :)
  #5  
Old 03-11-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
still in the market for a fleetside, prefer 5spd, but we'll see what happens
open to other offers as well
  #6  
Old 03-13-2011
2002VertGT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 62
I would trade you but it would have to be straight up....I have no cash....text me @ 7408044033 for pics
  #7  
Old 03-13-2011
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
LMAO. 11k.

#1. You have this posted in the wrong section of the forum. There is a specific "Rangers for sale" section.
#2. This is a public forum. We are all entitled to our opinions, and are free to post them. Adam is right, 11k is too high even for a starting point. Who cares if it is a trade or a outright sale...the truck is worth what its worth. And thats about 7k.
  #8  
Old 03-13-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechild View Post
LMAO. 11k.

#1. You have this posted in the wrong section of the forum. There is a specific "Rangers for sale" section.
#2. This is a public forum. We are all entitled to our opinions, and are free to post them. Adam is right, 11k is too high even for a starting point. Who cares if it is a trade or a outright sale...the truck is worth what its worth. And thats about 7k.
LMAO, another retard that can't read
your opinion does not matter if you have no interest in buying or trading so GTFO!
  #9  
Old 03-13-2011
2002VertGT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 62
Lol jus trade me and then they have nothin more to say!!!
  #10  
Old 03-13-2011
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
Explain to me what I didn't read.

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/ford/ra...mileage=120000

Just saying...

Yes, its in fair condition. Not good or excellent. Minor rust and needs some things repaired.

Why do you think it hasn't sold yet? You're asking WAY to much. I paid a bit over 12k for my 05 4x4, 4.0, 5spd, with 33k miles.

This is why people with 4 posts and thin skin shouldn't be aloud to sell things on the forum. Can't handle the truth.
  #11  
Old 03-13-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechild View Post
Explain to me what I didn't read.

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/ford/ra...mileage=120000

Just saying...

Yes, its in fair condition. Not good or excellent. Minor rust and needs some things repaired.

Why do you think it hasn't sold yet? You're asking WAY to much. I paid a bit over 12k for my 05 4x4, 4.0, 5spd, with 33k miles.

This is why people with 4 posts and thin skin shouldn't be aloud to sell things on the forum. Can't handle the truth.
well u must have missed something because I've done it 3 or 4 times, the last of which was 5min ago and I got $11,245 for excellent condition, which is what I would consider it to be. I don't think a 6" strip of rust on the inside seam of the tailgate, the odd scratch, or a couple dollars worth of parts justify it being fair condition. Not to mention the fact that I'm TRYING TO TRADE!
this is why arrogant a**holes like yourself shouldn't post on people's threads...especially when they have no interest in buying or trading.
  #12  
Old 03-13-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
Lol jus trade me and then they have nothin more to say!!!
lol! I like your thinking buddy! people like that should be slapped for being so stupid. good talking to you today, I like the truck, but the miles are kinda scaring away a little... i have the truck up on craigslist, let me see what other offers I get and we'll see what we can work out. I hope you can get an automatic soon so your knee doesn't hurt so much!
  #13  
Old 03-13-2011
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
Post a link from your search on KBB if you claim its worth 11k. I didn't miss anything significant enough to justify the so called 3-4k difference. Check out the link I posted. You will see you're wrong.

Excellent
$8,435

* Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
* Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
* Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
* Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
* Complete and verifiable service records.

Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Hate to break it to you man, but you're truck definitely does NOT fall under this category. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and maybe consider it in "good" condition. Either way, its worth 8k tops. I don't see how you can argue with that. Is that not enough proof for you? If its in excellent condition, post some more in depth photos. Interior, underbody, engine compartment, exc.

Do you know anything about rust? Once it has started, it will spread to the point of no return. Especially if you haven't properly taken action early.

You have the right to ask whatever you want for it. But if you're going to ask an outrageous price like that, and claim its in "excellent" condition, back it up. Just some food for thought.

Good luck with the sale. You're going to need it.
  #14  
Old 03-13-2011
2002VertGT's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc697 View Post
lol! I like your thinking buddy! people like that should be slapped for being so stupid. good talking to you today, I like the truck, but the miles are kinda scaring away a little... i have the truck up on craigslist, let me see what other offers I get and we'll see what we can work out. I hope you can get an automatic soon so your knee doesn't hurt so much!
With the history of rangers I would not scared of the miles...but I understand....let me know if you decide to trade I gotta get that axle fixed before i trade it neway!
  #15  
Old 03-13-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechild View Post
Post a link from your search on KBB if you claim its worth 11k. I didn't miss anything significant enough to justify the so called 3-4k difference. Check out the link I posted. You will see you're wrong.

Excellent
$8,435

* Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
* Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
* Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
* Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
* Complete and verifiable service records.

Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Hate to break it to you man, but you're truck definitely does NOT fall under this category. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and maybe consider it in "good" condition. Either way, its worth 8k tops. I don't see how you can argue with that. Is that not enough proof for you? If its in excellent condition, post some more in depth photos. Interior, underbody, engine compartment, exc.

Do you know anything about rust? Once it has started, it will spread to the point of no return. Especially if you haven't properly taken action early.

You have the right to ask whatever you want for it. But if you're going to ask an outrageous price like that, and claim its in "excellent" condition, back it up. Just some food for thought.

Good luck with the sale. You're going to need it.
WTF is wrong with you!? do I go around posting on your threads or anyone else's for that matter acting like an a**? your not proving anything, but the fact that your too retarded to read that I want to trade. all I want is a fleetside 5spd and you can't seem to understand that. I don't know if it's the anonymity of these forums, but for some reason or another they seem to attract pompous a**holes like yourself who feel like they are always right. i don't have anything to prove to you or anyone else...IF YOU POST ON MY THREAD ANYMORE IM CONTACTING A MODERATOR! this is a for sale thread that does not need to be cluttered up with opinionated posts. all your doing is making it more difficult for those interested to find important information on the truck and not your opinion.
  #16  
Old 03-13-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc697 View Post
well u must have missed something because I've done it 3 or 4 times, the last of which was 5min ago and I got $11,245 for excellent condition, which is what I would consider it to be. I don't think a 6" strip of rust on the inside seam of the tailgate, the odd scratch, or a couple dollars worth of parts justify it being fair condition. Not to mention the fact that I'm TRYING TO TRADE!
this is why arrogant a**holes like yourself shouldn't post on people's threads...especially when they have no interest in buying or trading.
Sorry man, but for one James is not an *******. He is just being honest and trying to steer you in the right direction. Two your 11k price tag IS too high. I have a 2004 edge 2wd for sell and its worth about 8-10k depending on condition. I also have a 2004 edge 4x4 with all the options and its worth 12-14k. Your truck is probably worth about 7k like he said. He's not trying to be an ******* about it, but trade or not that is what a vehicle is worth. FYI I am selling the 2wd so I know for a fact my truck is worth more.
  #17  
Old 03-13-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
With the history of rangers I would not scared of the miles...but I understand....let me know if you decide to trade I gotta get that axle fixed before i trade it neway!
will do man! how long do you think it will be before you have that replaced?
  #18  
Old 03-14-2011
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04Edge View Post
Sorry man, but for one James is not an *******. He is just being honest and trying to steer you in the right direction. Two your 11k price tag IS too high. I have a 2004 edge 2wd for sell and its worth about 8-10k depending on condition. I also have a 2004 edge 4x4 with all the options and its worth 12-14k. Your truck is probably worth about 7k like he said. He's not trying to be an ******* about it, but trade or not that is what a vehicle is worth. FYI I am selling the 2wd so I know for a fact my truck is worth more.
Exactly. And if anyone should know about the value of Rangers, you're it! With the buying and re-selling you do.

You can contact a Moderator if you please. Nothing will come of it other then them re-locating the thread in the proper section, since you couldn't manage to do that in the first place. You think the mods are going to punish me for posting my opinion on a public forum? It was civilized, which is far more then I can say for you. No valid argument, so of course childish name calling was your last resort.

But seriously, contact a mod. Now that you know what you're truck is worth (7-8k) they can clean up the thread and you can start over.
  #19  
Old 03-14-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04Edge View Post
Sorry man, but for one James is not an *******. He is just being honest and trying to steer you in the right direction. Two your 11k price tag IS too high. I have a 2004 edge 2wd for sell and its worth about 8-10k depending on condition. I also have a 2004 edge 4x4 with all the options and its worth 12-14k. Your truck is probably worth about 7k like he said. He's not trying to be an ******* about it, but trade or not that is what a vehicle is worth. FYI I am selling the 2wd so I know for a fact my truck is worth more.
once again, your no looking to buy/trade so your opinion is not needed either...if he wants to "steer me in the right direction" he can pm me
also could you please explain to me how in the world a 2wd truck is worth more than 4wd!?
  #20  
Old 03-14-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc697 View Post
once again, your no looking to buy/trade so your opinion is not needed either...if he wants to "steer me in the right direction" he can pm me
also could you please explain to me how in the world a 2wd truck is worth more than 4wd!?
It's simple math

yours is an 02 with 120k miles

mine is an 04 with 96k miles.

They equal out to be worth about the same. Yours because it IS a 4x4 and the reason mine is worth the same is because it's newer with less miles.
  #21  
Old 03-14-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechild View Post
Exactly. And if anyone should know about the value of Rangers, you're it! With the buying and re-selling you do.

You can contact a Moderator if you please. Nothing will come of it other then them re-locating the thread in the proper section, since you couldn't manage to do that in the first place. You think the mods are going to punish me for posting my opinion on a public forum? It was civilized, which is far more then I can say for you. No valid argument, so of course childish name calling was your last resort.

But seriously, contact a mod. Now that you know what you're truck is worth (7-8k) they can clean up the thread and you can start over.
I do more buying and selling than you might realize, just not on sites like this primarily because of people like you. thank you for proving nothing
  #22  
Old 03-14-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc697 View Post
I do more buying and selling than you might realize, just not on sites like this primarily because of people like you. thank you for proving nothing
We aren't trying to knock you down man. Your taking this in the wrong way. I have a lot of experience with owning/buying/selling rangers. If you can get 11k for your truck by all means good for you, but I realize your just trying to trade and in the end it's what makes you happy, but it just seems like your pride is too high on the value of your ranger and you don't understand that as ranger enthusiasts we are just trying to warn you that your not likely to get that. This same thing happened to me when I asked what people would pay for my 4x4 with low miles and in perfect condition. They we're telling me MINE was worth 7-8k which is not true in the least. I know my truck is worth around 10k even though nada, kbb and the rest say its worth 12-14k, but the market isn't there for it at that price range.
  #23  
Old 03-14-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04Edge View Post
It's simple math

yours is an 02 with 120k miles

mine is an 04 with 96k miles.

They equal out to be worth about the same. Yours because it IS a 4x4 and the reason mine is worth the same is because it's newer with less miles.
whatever you say guy...I just know that 2wd is pretty much worthless, at least to me. A dusting of snow or wet grass and it's slipping/sliding all over. might be nice to look at, but as far as practicality...I'll stick with my 4wd :)
  #24  
Old 03-14-2011
wyldechild's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,952
Don't sweat it anymore, Mike. He will find out what his truck is really worth.

It sucks when you think its worth more then it really is. I tried selling my Bronco for a few months when I first picked up my Ranger, and found out it isn't even worth 5k. I had a few people offer 3000-3200. I decided to just keep it.
  #25  
Old 03-14-2011
Sonic04Edge's Avatar
RF Veteran

iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison. AL
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshc697 View Post
whatever you say guy...I just know that 2wd is pretty much worthless, at least to me. A dusting of snow or wet grass and it's slipping/sliding all over. might be nice to look at, but as far as practicality...I'll stick with my 4wd :)
Value doesn't effect if its worthless in snow. Value is based on condition and age. Not it's function. Not everyone NEEDS a 4x4 it all depends on the buyer. Most people wont go buy a 4x4 when they want a truck. Only certain kind of people do. Also I've had my 2wd(actually 1wd) in some stuff I've seen 4wd's get stuck in do to over confidence. Just because you have a 4x4 doesn't make you god in offroading situations. Just means you usually end up being too cocky and get yourself in a bad situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldechild View Post
Don't sweat it anymore, Mike. He will find out what his truck is really worth.

It sucks when you think its worth more then it really is. I tried selling my Bronco for a few months when I first picked up my Ranger, and found out it isn't even worth 5k. I had a few people offer 3000-3200. I decided to just keep it.
Oh I'm not sweating it at all lol.
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
re:ford ranger 2002 edge beepbeep Interior Semi-Tech 4 03-07-2010 01:37 PM
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, Giveaway Pictures edgerider2002 Snapshots 3 02-11-2010 01:37 AM
2002 Ford Ranger Edge- Giveaway Pictures RedComet6342 Snapshots 0 02-09-2010 05:13 PM
2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4door 4x4 - $10,000 Grains Ranger Based Vehicles 0 11-22-2009 05:00 PM
Would my 2002 Edge plus wheels fit a 2002 4x4? straightedge Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 20 09-30-2005 07:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.