08 Raptor 700 Build - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Project Logs For detailed builds specific to the Ford Ranger, one thread per vehicle please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
08 Raptor 700 Build

I'd say its a build. I plan to add more but not for a while since **** is expensive. Enjoy.

First day I brought it home


First ride


New swing arm skid plate(a half burried toilet broke the stock one. HAHA)

Stock vs aftermarket


All was good then too much speed + too much rear brake + a mountain=


New shocks

New A arms

New tie rods(stock vs aftermarket)

End result

I also added a new engine skid plate, A arm skid plates...

and a new case guard


After all of that I waited a bit before I did anything else for a while because it cost me a good $1000 to 1200 to get it back on the road.

Then I installed HID lights(35 watt 6000K)





New exhaust tip
Stock

New


and just last weekend new tires(Maxxis Razr 2)




Future plans include FCI intake, Barker dual exhaust, PC5 with auto tune fuel controller, Trailtech computer, Trailtech bars, CCP steering stabilizer, Elka rear shock, nerf bars, GPS mount and possible +2 A arms and rear axle. I'm saving for a new truck so it wont be for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-29-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Your going to love those razr 2's. One of the guys I ride with has them on his YFZ450. There is an amazing amount of traction with them
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2009
02oregonedge+'s Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OR!
Posts: 1,086
Looks good... How often do you ride??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainfire View Post
Your going to love those razr 2's. One of the guys I ride with has them on his YFZ450. There is an amazing amount of traction with them
I have also heard that. But I have also heard this can be a bad thing since you can't slide the back end out as much. I haven't had a ride on them yet though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2009
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
dood christian your avatar is giving me cone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2009
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Awesome man, those things are fun
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-29-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have also heard that. But I have also heard this can be a bad thing since you can't slide the back end out as much. I haven't had a ride on them yet though.
Man up, drop down a gear and give it more throttle lol.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
dood christian your avatar is giving me cone.
Bawhahahaha. Are you going to cut it off?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
dood christian your avatar is giving me cone.
I didn't know you swing that way man. I'll call Rick Moranis right now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-29-2009
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
Nice, I'd like to get me one of those little sport ATV's. Although either you're really rough on yours or they're kind of flimsy cause i think I could run my Arctic Cat 500 into a tree an she'd still be in ok shape. Its a tank.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
Nice, I'd like to get me one of those little sport ATV's. Although either you're really rough on yours or they're kind of flimsy cause i think I could run my Arctic Cat 500 into a tree an she'd still be in ok shape. Its a tank.
The a arms folded up like that because they are hollow aluminum tubes to save weight. Your AC probably has solid a arms. I would have bought something 4wd but no real need for it here in CA. I'd still like to get one though.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-29-2009
chainfire's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mission B.C.
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
Nice, I'd like to get me one of those little sport ATV's. Although either you're really rough on yours or they're kind of flimsy cause i think I could run my Arctic Cat 500 into a tree an she'd still be in ok shape. Its a tank.
yea but how fast lol. Those things are NOT flimsy I can guarantee that. I should know, I worked on them for 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-29-2009
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
haha just ****in around
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-29-2009
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
FDdriver02 (346 PM): me neither. my fudge doesnt need packing
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
FDdriver02 (346 PM): me neither. my fudge doesnt need packing
What can I say. It doesn't. Sorry Downey. HAHA
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-29-2009
Redrocket's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waynesville n.c
Posts: 1,993
i got the razar tires on mine and i love em they hook up nice and you can slide it around if you got the power
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocket View Post
i got the razar tires on mine and i love em they hook up nice and you can slide it around if you got the power
Well its a 700. It has plenty of power. I just have to go and try.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-29-2009
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The a arms folded up like that because they are hollow aluminum tubes to save weight. Your AC probably has solid a arms. I would have bought something 4wd but no real need for it here in CA. I'd still like to get one though.
That little thing has just got to be stupid fast, thats why I want one. What does it weigh? Mine is 650+ lbs and only 500cc, yours is probably 2/3 the weight with 700cc. There isn't any sand dunes or anything around here so most people rock the 4wd's. Well actually if I had a crap load of money I'd probably just buy a 1000cc thundercat. The best of both worlds.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
That little thing has just got to be stupid fast, thats why I want one. What does it weigh? Mine is 650+ lbs and only 500cc, yours is probably 2/3 the weight with 700cc. There isn't any sand dunes or anything around here so most people rock the 4wd's. Well actually if I had a crap load of money I'd probably just buy a 1000cc thundercat. The best of both worlds.
422 lbs wet. The 700 is actually a 686cc engine. It is about dead even with the 450 if you have the same weight rider but the 450 will tear up the track a lot better than mine.

People think that 4wd quads are slow. Nope sorry. I have seen some pretty fast ones out there. I'd like to have one in place of my truck for offroading. I like climbing stuff and a 4wd would be sweet for that. But then again a Polaris Ranger would be sweet. We have 3 dune spots within 3 hours from my house but mostly we have desert trails near us.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-29-2009
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
yumm fuel injection.....recently got rid of my 660, hated every minute of tuning that thing to run good boo for two carbs, still like the raptors but the suspension stock sucks on them but once thats fixed its go time still cant quite knock down a 450 though thats why im getting a yfz.....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp1ik99 View Post
yumm fuel injection.....recently got rid of my 660, hated every minute of tuning that thing to run good boo for two carbs, still like the raptors but the suspension stock sucks on them but once thats fixed its go time still cant quite knock down a 450 though thats why im getting a yfz.....
I'm so glad I decided to buy new. I can't imagine messing with carbs. The new 450s are FI now as well.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-29-2009
TXRanger09's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 1,206
my predator will eat you lol jk nice quad man good work
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-29-2009
Ranger_Envy's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Newton, Ks
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have seen some pretty fast ones out there. I'd like to have one in place of my truck for offroading. I like climbing stuff and a 4wd would be sweet for that.
Thats why I got mine. I've modded some of my vehicles to where they're uncomfortable to daily drive. I was thinking about adding a manual T-case to my truck and some other crap then I realized that it would just add up to a bunch of problems. I figured I'd get a 4 wheeler that I can do all the same stuff with and if I tear the crap out of it, its a lot cheaper to work on.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-29-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
That's a mean machine! I bet that thing's fun.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-29-2009
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spc_Austin View Post
my predator will eat you lol jk nice quad man good work
Maybe. I'm not that good of a rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Envy View Post
Thats why I got mine. I've modded some of my vehicles to where they're uncomfortable to daily drive. I was thinking about adding a manual T-case to my truck and some other crap then I realized that it would just add up to a bunch of problems. I figured I'd get a 4 wheeler that I can do all the same stuff with and if I tear the crap out of it, its a lot cheaper to work on.
Seriously. Part of the reason I bought my Rappy was because the truck kept breaking while offroading. I the quad breaks so what. Fix it when you can. HAHA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$700 for body lift installment? flyin 1" & 3" Body Lifts 35 08-14-2008 09:37 PM
1997 ranger 4x4 700 bucks 1996Ranger4x4SuperCabSTX General Ford Ranger Discussion 3 07-28-2008 12:48 AM
building a system for < $700, need recommendations james13f Audio & Video Tech 15 03-25-2005 03:21 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.