99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread - Page 16 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Project Logs For detailed builds specific to the Ford Ranger, one thread per vehicle please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #376  
Old 05-16-2012
mthomp1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Louisiana
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
This one was gray. Used the same paint I did my full length console and mustang dome light with
Gotcha. It should last forever on that, too, since it's not something that is touched often.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 05-16-2012
SteelDirigible's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 3,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomp1 View Post
Gotcha. It should last forever on that, too, since it's not something that is touched often.
thats what she said.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 05-16-2012
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Nice pedro. I've had unwired OHC half hanging onto ceiling for 2 years now. Maybe I'll wire that up since I cannot drive for another 45 days
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 05-16-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger View Post
Nice pedro. I've had unwired OHC half hanging onto ceiling for 2 years now. Maybe I'll wire that up since I cannot drive for another 45 days
haha wtf? and why can't you drive?
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 05-16-2012
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
haha wtf? and why can't you drive?
I'm lazy lol
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old 05-17-2012
Mcleary316's Avatar
Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lawrence, Kansas
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ak_Ranger View Post
I'm lazy lol
Hmmm.....



Pedro, any tips on the install. Especially cutting the headliner.. I'm terrified to do this.
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 05-17-2012
PSIJOE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcleary316 View Post
Hmmm.....



Pedro, any tips on the install. Especially cutting the headliner.. I'm terrified to do this.
x2 to the if that's the case. They took mine. :-(

Yea that is the part I fear the most. Cutting. Ahhhhhhhh
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 05-17-2012
Lord Of War's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 4,599
If you are confident in your measurements then you will be just fine. Just remember, measure 10 times cut once.
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 05-17-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcleary316 View Post
Hmmm.....



Pedro, any tips on the install. Especially cutting the headliner.. I'm terrified to do this.
just remove your a pillar and radio(bezel and all) prior to wiring. for the headliner all i did is what i've done in the past. Take the ohc without the bracket on it, line it up to the curve on the front of the headliner and then press as hard as you can upward so the tabs on the front of the ohc dig into the headliner. Grab a sharpie right after you put the console down and mark the two lines.

Grab the bracket, line up the 2 slits in it to the 2 lines you just made and that is where you begin to trace the bracket. Once traced, time to cut!

thats about it, the wiring is pretty simple.

going to pick up some wire to finish this up as well as some YN paint code (silver metallic) duplicolor. doing the rings around the gauges since i'm FX4 Level 2'ing the truck.
-Grille (done)
-Tow Hooks (have them, need to get welded same day as hitch)
-Black interior(leather seats and console are good enough for me and already done)
-Rings on cluster (doing today)
-Limited slip rear (wont be 31 spline but i have the ford racing trac lok ready to go)
-Bed decals (maybe today too)

I want to do flares but i can't push myself to drilling holes on my fenders and bed so f that, I was going to get a set locally but said never mind!

Last edited by 99offroadrngr; 05-17-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 05-17-2012
sturgill's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: felicity ohio
Posts: 98
you dont have to drill holes if you use some 2 sided tape like on mustangs with the side window vents they are held on with the tape ours on our 07 mustang gt lasted 5 years before needind re done if you still want flares
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 05-17-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgill View Post
you dont have to drill holes if you use some 2 sided tape like on mustangs with the side window vents they are held on with the tape ours on our 07 mustang gt lasted 5 years before needind re done if you still want flares
nah i'd just do it the right way if i were to do it. not gonna happen lol
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 05-17-2012
sturgill's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: felicity ohio
Posts: 98
cant blame you there lol
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 05-17-2012
04RangerDude's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: brownsville, tx
Posts: 19
hi you'all, I also have an 04 ranger and want to do the OHC, but before I start, I want to make sure I find the temp sensor first, so if anyone can tell me where exactly is the temp sensor on the explorer and what does it look like (a photo will be nice).

You have a awesome looking truck.

also, please don't forget to write about the wiring.

thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 05-17-2012
Red_Ak_Ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 17,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDude View Post
hi you'all, I also have an 04 ranger and want to do the OHC, but before I start, I want to make sure I find the temp sensor first, so if anyone can tell me where exactly is the temp sensor on the explorer and what does it look like (a photo will be nice).

You have a awesome looking truck.

also, please don't forget to write about the wiring.

thanks...
If you use the search funtion above and search something like "OHC install" there's a lot of old threads to help you figure it out. There's even a how-to on this and other sites (google "OHC Ranger Install").
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 05-17-2012
mthomp1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Louisiana
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDude View Post
hi you'all, I also have an 04 ranger and want to do the OHC, but before I start, I want to make sure I find the temp sensor first, so if anyone can tell me where exactly is the temp sensor on the explorer and what does it look like (a photo will be nice).

You have a awesome looking truck.

also, please don't forget to write about the wiring.

thanks...
Check your profile page for your visitor messages. No offense to R_Ak_R or any of the other guys, but I know what it's like to be new to a forum with questions, and having everyone tell you "search, dude". It can be overwhelming and confusing, especially if you can't find the answer to the question you're looking for.

Now back to your regularly programmed build thread. :D

I think fender flares would look great. I also think that you're going to give in and install them sooner or later haha.
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 05-17-2012
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
Don't do the flares. It's so much cleaner w/o them.
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 05-17-2012
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
nah i'd just do it the right way if i were to do it. not gonna happen lol
mark the holes and i'll drill so you dont have to "drill" them
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 05-17-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomp1 View Post
Check your profile page for your visitor messages. No offense to R_Ak_R or any of the other guys, but I know what it's like to be new to a forum with questions, and having everyone tell you "search, dude". It can be overwhelming and confusing, especially if you can't find the answer to the question you're looking for.

Now back to your regularly programmed build thread. :D

I think fender flares would look great. I also think that you're going to give in and install them sooner or later haha.
nah i wont
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Don't do the flares. It's so much cleaner w/o them.
yeah and i wont have to risk ruining the body haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
mark the holes and i'll drill so you dont have to "drill" them
rather strap C4 to my truck and blow it up




ohc is done and working, I calibrated the compass and disconnected the battery again to pull the cluster out. The rings around the speedo, tach, temp, and gas are done. Needles need 2 more coats and then I'll start peeling the tape and put it together.

I'll post pics when i put everything back together in an hour or so
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 05-17-2012
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
Yea, I wouldn't let Dave touch my truck either... He is the infected...
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 05-17-2012
04RangerDave's Avatar
JDM> RANGER

iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Yea, I wouldn't let Dave touch my truck either... He is the infected...
Pedro's truck must have a disease then cause i rode in it. He's gonna have transmission issues and all the issues I had soon.

When are you changing your user name to FX4Wannabe04?
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 05-17-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Yea, I wouldn't let Dave touch my truck either... He is the infected...
Nah i just rather not drill into the truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RangerDave View Post
Pedro's truck must have a disease then cause i rode in it. He's gonna have transmission issues and all the issues I had soon.

When are you changing your user name to FX4Wannabe04?
lmao i was thinking that right when i installed the cluster back on. vacuum and wash time then ill take pics
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 05-17-2012
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
Wtf are you talking about? Please explain.
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 05-17-2012
Taylor's Avatar
Ive been dubbed....an old volk
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, NC
Posts: 7,110
Im glad you decided not to drill holes.

I would have cried.
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 05-17-2012
PSIJOE's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
nah i wont

yeah and i wont have to risk ruining the body haha


rather strap C4 to my truck and blow it up




ohc is done and working, I calibrated the compass and disconnected the battery again to pull the cluster out. The rings around the speedo, tach, temp, and gas are done. Needles need 2 more coats and then I'll start peeling the tape and put it together.

I'll post pics when i put everything back together in an hour or so
Damn, getting stuff done. NICE!
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 05-17-2012
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
Thread Starter
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Ok here are some pictures



perfect fit






Didn't feel like pulling the needles and setting them again. Surprisingly this way worked out great








Attached Thumbnails
99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-8a01134d.jpg   99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-7a84ca90.jpg   99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-e15efcd8.jpg   99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-65970351.jpg   99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-5ba17546.jpg  

99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-4b3d7aad.jpg   99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-76404a1c.jpg   99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-670496c3.jpg   99offroadrngr's 2004 Ranger Thread-e2f79780.jpg  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mike's aka "Mcleary316" 2004 Build Thread Mcleary316 Project Logs 348 03-28-2016 09:28 PM
RLong31's 2004 4x4 Edge Build Thread RLong31 Project Logs 155 12-26-2015 04:28 PM
99offroadrngr's "new" ranger 99offroadrngr Project Logs 130 05-26-2011 01:55 PM
2004 giveaway picture thread thing HighRollerII Snapshots 3 03-09-2010 04:59 PM
99offroadrngr seed60 Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 0 06-10-2009 12:11 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.