Reader's Project thread - Page 4 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Project Logs For detailed builds specific to the Ford Ranger, one thread per vehicle please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #76  
Old 08-23-2010
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
i like the height but you cant have any uptravel, which has to be about useless anywhere. lol

what coils are those?>
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-23-2010
fourliter dan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lebanon, OR
Posts: 2,229
looks nice man!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-23-2010
RazorsEDGE's Avatar
There's no lifeguard in the gene pool
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,501
Nice work dude!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
i like the height but you cant have any uptravel, which has to be about useless anywhere. lol

what coils are those?>
Thanks Zack. The hight is around the same as when I had my super lift. Maybe a inch to 2 inches higher. So she is definatly going to be going upwards in the next few days.


I am running jeep grand Cherokee springs. 5.5 inches of lift. But the shock towers are adjustable.... so once I get some longer ubolts for the back I will lift the front.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-24-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
I like the idea of low CG.....but if it were me and I had your truck, the front's definately gotta come up and I'd be hacking fender until next week. You're already well aware of the uptravel issues so I look forward to seeing what you come up with for getting some more clearence. Actually, I look forward to the rest of the build. It'll sure be one to watch and see.



but....

are my eyes decieving me??

Is this another FoxyFord build???

Name:  Reader585SASlolwut.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  76.8 KB


I meant that in no disrespect, but is the axle centered? That little turn angle won't make the axle look that much off center.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
lol ok so what did you pic up on the desepticon stickers or the expired tags on my plates.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
and all i Have to do to life the ront is just move the upper coil mounts. They are adjustable. so I am set.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-24-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader585 View Post
lol ok so what did you pic up on the desepticon stickers or the expired tags on my plates.
See: Below the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
I meant that in no disrespect, but is the axle centered? That little turn angle won't make the axle look that much off center.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
Sorry. Did not read the part after the pic. No the Diff is not centered. It is in the dame location as the stock Diff would have been.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
Plus the wheels are turned in the pic as well.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-24-2010
rstangboi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Davis, Ca
Posts: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
I like the idea of low CG.....but if it were me and I had your truck, the front's definately gotta come up and I'd be hacking fender until next week. You're already well aware of the uptravel issues so I look forward to seeing what you come up with for getting some more clearence. Actually, I look forward to the rest of the build. It'll sure be one to watch and see.



but....

are my eyes decieving me??

Is this another FoxyFord build???




I meant that in no disrespect, but is the axle centered? That little turn angle won't make the axle look that much off center.
haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah
halarious.

SOOOOOOOOOOO jelous of the height though man. thats LOW!!!! i wish i was sittin that low. wat size tires you runnin?? it looks dope. too bad its "too low" but if my truck was that hight...id just start cuttin... id LOVE to have my truck that low, but i dont think id be able to pull it off without some major reworking.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-24-2010
rstangboi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Davis, Ca
Posts: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader585 View Post
looks like im not the only sas'ed ranger with a coolant leak lol
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstangboi View Post
haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah
halarious.

SOOOOOOOOOOO jelous of the height though man. thats LOW!!!! i wish i was sittin that low. wat size tires you runnin?? it looks dope. too bad its "too low" but if my truck was that hight...id just start cuttin... id LOVE to have my truck that low, but i dont think id be able to pull it off without some major reworking.
Those are 35's, I would love to start cutting like crazy but I already did a little trimming and the bumper is sold. So anymore and it will look stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstangboi View Post
looks like im not the only sas'ed ranger with a coolant leak lol
there is no leak. I had to undo the coolant hose down there so I could weld. it is just left over. but good eye. I was looking for like 5 min before I found it.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-24-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader585 View Post
Sorry. Did not read the part after the pic. No the Diff is not centered. It is in the dame location as the stock Diff would have been.
LOL!

Dude...I'm not THAT stupid. Durrr.....it's a driver drop axle to match the tcase. I know that. I'm not a noob. I'm talking the whole axle.....is it centered to the frame of the truck?? Axle centerline in-line with the center of the distance between the frame rails????

To me, the entire axle looks about 2-3" off center.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-24-2010
rstangboi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Davis, Ca
Posts: 2,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader585 View Post
Those are 35's, I would love to start cutting like crazy but I already did a little trimming and the bumper is sold. So anymore and it will look stupid.
meh, cut where the flares end on the fenders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader585 View Post
there is no leak. I had to undo the coolant hose down there so I could weld. it is just left over. but good eye. I was looking for like 5 min before I found it.
lol, thats too bad...and ya its the first thing i noticed haha. my axles always wet with coolant lol
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
nope she is in the right spot.... I think it looks that way to you because your new. lol
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-24-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader585 View Post
nope she is in the right spot.... I think it looks that way to you because your new. lol
mmmkay.....

I guess your truck will always looks like a Union Pacific Big Boy with it's articulation in my eyes....




@0:55 EDIT: youtube embed ain't workin'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8f9VFlNyDQ


lol.

Last edited by Fx4wannabe01; 08-24-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
wow I wish you would have posted something like that a while ago. it would have been a cool thread name..... were did you find that clip anyway. lol.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-24-2010
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
I meant that in no disrespect, but is the axle centered? That little turn angle won't make the axle look that much off center.
If you look at the license plate, it is not centered either. it's just the angle of the shot in respect to where he was standing when it took it..
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
Just so everyone knows bighair is the sme who did the swap for me.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-24-2010
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
need more pics with tires straight.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-24-2010
reader585's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oromocto New brunswick
Posts: 791
Name:  P8210785.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  181.4 KB
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-24-2010
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
god damn that looks sick i wish i could have my truck like that
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-24-2010
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
How's it drive?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New OBD II Reader SilverTank General Technical & Electrical 6 09-11-2006 08:38 PM
Code reader Kdog03 General Technical & Electrical 18 08-14-2006 06:23 PM
DTC Code Reader cincy4point0 General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 06-28-2005 11:17 PM
CReader - inexpensive OBDII code reader V8 Level II Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 2 06-20-2005 09:47 AM
Free Palm OBD-II code reader software from me n3elz General Technical & Electrical 7 01-21-2005 12:10 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.