For Sale: 2008 Ford Ranger FX4 34,000 miles - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Ranger Based Vehicles For sale of complete trucks, no part outs.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-29-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
2008 Ford Ranger FX4 34,000 miles

2008 Ford Ranger FX4 in EXCELLENT condition. $20,000 obo

Second owner; NON-SMOKER, purchased in 2013 with 5000 miles on it, used by my wife to commute locally and for a few road trips. Interior is in perfect shape. Truck exterior has a few very minor scratches from previous owner which should buff out.

Features Include:
- Automatic
- Leather bucket seats
- Rubber floor (no carpet) allows for easy cleaning
- Ceramic tinted windows ($200)
- Steel brush guard ($450)
- Tow Package
Other Features: Cruise Control, ABS, Air Bags, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM & CD, Center Console, Cup Holders, Power Windows & Locks, Tilt Wheel, Power Steering

Maintenance is up to date, oil changes have been done regularly. Brand new front brakes. Truck needs nothing.

Possibly willing to trade for the following:
Toyota 4runner + cash
Older Ford pickup + cash

PM, text or call for more details and/or photo's
540-878-9280

See KBB price.

Kelley Blue Book

Last edited by Basspiece919; 01-31-2015 at 12:11 PM.
  #2  
Old 01-29-2015
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
Nice truck. Not trying to be rude, but you might want to clean it and take better pictures. Especially the front wheels, get that brake dust off of there. That screams to me that it wasn't taken care of or cleaned.. which makes me think it's not in "Excellent Condition".. maybe Good or Very Good. You are asking Max value retail price (a little over actually). Just a suggestion.. good luck with sale.
  #3  
Old 01-29-2015
WildcatRange's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sandy Or
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
Nice truck. Not trying to be rude, but you might want to clean it and take better pictures. Especially the front wheels, get that brake dust off of there. That screams to me that it wasn't taken care of or cleaned.. which makes me think it's not in "Excellent Condition".. maybe Good or Very Good. You are asking Max value retail price (a little over actually). Just a suggestion.. good luck with sale.
^^^
  #4  
Old 01-29-2015
F.X.4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 81
20 grand is pretty steep. I paid 22 grand new for my 2011 fx4
  #5  
Old 01-29-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
Nice truck. Not trying to be rude, but you might want to clean it and take better pictures. Especially the front wheels, get that brake dust off of there. That screams to me that it wasn't taken care of or cleaned.. which makes me think it's not in "Excellent Condition".. maybe Good or Very Good. You are asking Max value retail price (a little over actually). Just a suggestion.. good luck with sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatRange View Post
^^^
It rains or snows here every other day and I have a dirt road I have to drive on almost every day. Pretty hard to keep it clean. I will wash it though and take some more pictures. Thank you all for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.X.4 View Post
20 grand is pretty steep. I paid 22 grand new for my 2011 fx4
That sounds like an excellent deal. New this truck was over $26k... and I am pretty sure they stopped making the fx4 in 2009 but i could be wrong...
  #6  
Old 01-29-2015
Dewey's Avatar
@THE_ALMIGHTY_E4_RANGER
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Arcadia, Fl
Posts: 2,054
Bottom line its a 7 year old truck that does have low mileage, but it probably sat a lot and is nearly all stock. Be prepared to accept a lower value. One of the guys on here couldn't sell his monster trail rig on 42s with a 5.4 v8 and was asking 15k. Its still a good looking truck though!
  #7  
Old 01-29-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Bottom line its a 7 year old truck that does have low mileage, but it probably sat a lot and is nearly all stock. Be prepared to accept a lower value. One of the guys on here couldn't sell his monster trail rig on 42s with a 5.4 v8 and was asking 15k. Its still a good looking truck though!
No doubt. It's a comfortable truck low miles and I have only seen a few with leather. It's listed at 20k OBO. The point is the blue book is right at 20k but that doesn't mean I am expecting to get that. I am open to offers.
  #8  
Old 01-29-2015
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
It's listed at 20k OBO. The point is the blue book is right at 20k but that doesn't mean I am expecting to get that. I am open to offers.
This.

It doesn't say firm in the ad. He's doing it right starting it at book value. Anything less, he's pretty much just screwing himself over

Good luck with the sale, Luke. I agree about the pictures though. Lol
  #9  
Old 01-29-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
This.

It doesn't say firm in the ad. He's doing it right starting it at book value. Anything less, he's pretty much just screwing himself over

Good luck with the sale, Luke. I agree about the pictures though. Lol

Thanks man... I know it's dirty. But let's be realistic in the winter time it's pretty hard to keep a truck clean for long.
  #10  
Old 01-29-2015
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
Thanks man... I know it's dirty. But let's be realistic in the winter time it's pretty hard to keep a truck clean for long.
yeah it sure is. My truck would go an inch out of the car wash and be covered already. didn't help with 15x10s
  #11  
Old 01-29-2015
RLong31's Avatar
The Ban Hammer
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monrovia, IN
Posts: 2,629
To be fair.. the Nada Guides price is right on with the KBB, around $19.5K.. so the price is right, especially for the low miles. Just shitty pictures, lol.
  #12  
Old 01-30-2015
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
$20K lmao
  #13  
Old 01-30-2015
F.X.4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 81
You could have bought the fx4 up until 2011 in canada. the 2010's didnt have a limited slip though.
  #14  
Old 02-09-2015
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
Online I see them go for $10-12k and the dealer offered me $8k. Good luck with the sale but you will be hard pressed to get $15k let alone $20k
  #15  
Old 02-11-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
Online I see them go for $10-12k and the dealer offered me $8k. Good luck with the sale but you will be hard pressed to get $15k let alone $20k
34000 miles. its priced more than $1000 below bluebook....
  #16  
Old 02-11-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
Price Drop - $18500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
2008 Ford Ranger FX4 in EXCELLENT condition. $20,000 obo

Second owner; NON-SMOKER, purchased in 2013 with 5000 miles on it, used by my wife to commute locally and for a few road trips. Interior is in perfect shape. Truck exterior has a few very minor scratches from previous owner which should buff out.

Features Include:
- Automatic
- Leather bucket seats
- Rubber floor (no carpet) allows for easy cleaning
- Ceramic tinted windows ($200)
- Steel brush guard ($450)
- Tow Package
Other Features: Cruise Control, ABS, Air Bags, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM & CD, Center Console, Cup Holders, Power Windows & Locks, Tilt Wheel, Power Steering

Maintenance is up to date, oil changes have been done regularly. Brand new front brakes. Truck needs nothing.

Possibly willing to trade for the following:
Toyota 4runner + cash
Older Ford pickup + cash

PM, text or call for more details and/or photo's
540-878-9280

See KBB price.

Kelley Blue Book
bump
  #17  
Old 02-11-2015
redranger04g's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 928
Price is WAY too high IMO
  #18  
Old 02-11-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger04g View Post
Price is WAY too high IMO

If you dont want it thats fine, dont buy it. But the price is not "WAY too high." Read the bluebook... Look it up on NADA... Its priced significantly below the blue book value. Find another fx4 in this condition with this low miles... you cant.
  #19  
Old 02-11-2015
redranger04g's Avatar
Member

iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 928
Judging by the pictures this truck is not in "excellent" condition. Read the description on Kelly Blue Books for what excellent means. Call up carmax and ask them what percentage of the cars turned in are in excellent condition.
  #20  
Old 02-23-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
$18,000 OBO

Still available, Wife is due this week... need to move the truck make a reasonable offer.

Last edited by Basspiece919; 02-23-2015 at 08:35 PM.
  #21  
Old 03-11-2015
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bealeton VA
Posts: 9
SOLD
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost 350,000 miles. Does Ford Reward ? saxtech General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 07-28-2015 10:45 PM
1995 Ford Ranger Splash...29,000 miles. - MT mkeenan Ranger Based Vehicles 15 03-30-2011 08:35 PM
1995 Ford Ranger Splash...29,000 miles? mkeenan Member Introductions 2 03-29-2011 09:38 PM
1996 Ford Ranger: 58,000 miles- $3,995 atikovi Ranger Based Vehicles 2 07-27-2010 06:19 PM
1994 Ford Ranger pick-up with 488,000 miles Texas501 General Ford Ranger Discussion 5 09-07-2007 04:53 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.