New Look/Feel to RF - Page 7 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Ranger-Forums Office Post all comments, questions, and suggestions about the site in this sub-forum. Announcements will be posted here as well.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #151  
Old 09-17-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
sigs only show once per page.

avatars, will be fixed if you upload a new one. for now we had to downsize the avatars for contributors to 144x168
Why change the avatar size?
  #152  
Old 09-17-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
to be honest reason why i loved RF was the dark background is there a way to have dark again?

Last edited by Redneckstone; 09-17-2009 at 11:50 PM.
  #153  
Old 09-17-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
Why change the avatar size?
Agree... why
  #154  
Old 09-17-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
its not gonna change for now, you guys really are not giving it a chance at all.
  #155  
Old 09-17-2009
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
its not gonna change for now, you guys really are not giving it a chance at all.
Thats cause this new setup blows.
  #156  
Old 09-17-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
no because I liked the dark it was easy to look at.. also liked how the avatar location was..

Last edited by Redneckstone; 09-17-2009 at 11:51 PM.
  #157  
Old 09-17-2009
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
get us back to the old format of avatar above post.
  #158  
Old 09-17-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
its not gonna change for now, you guys really are not giving it a chance at all.
ive given it all day, and im with everybody else lol.

im not knocking that fact that your doin cool stuff, but if i wanted it to look like rps, i would stay over there 24/7
  #159  
Old 09-17-2009
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
The whole reason I ever became a contrib was for the big avatar...guess what? That's been ripped away because of this new format. I'm sorry....get us back to the old style format, sure....change colors around if you want. Fact of the matter is, you're making RF just like RPS and TRS, that's something I don't exactly like. Where's our uniqueness at now? No where.
  #160  
Old 09-17-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
um RPS is a default theme, this is a custom theme
  #161  
Old 09-17-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
yes but it looks LIKE RPS!!!!!

and rps blows! lol
  #162  
Old 09-17-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
TRS is also the default theme. this is a custom theme, they look nothing like each other besides the avys are on the side not the top...

freaking deal with it for right now, if it doesnt work out I will change it to something else. for now it stays, so if you cant handle it log off for a while.
  #163  
Old 09-17-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
I don't have the new setup so I can't really comment on much about it but by looking at that picture of the new setup I just dont see the point in doing all of that. This has always been the 'different' site. And a lot of people liked that. I know I really did at least. I just think you kinda did some unnecessary changes.
  #164  
Old 09-17-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 10
The new look looks great!
  #165  
Old 09-17-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
TRS is also the default theme. this is a custom theme, they look nothing like each other besides the avys are on the side not the top...

freaking deal with it for right now, if it doesnt work out I will change it to something else. for now it stays, so if you cant handle it log off for a while.
so its "I am the admin deal or leave" wow.. great.. so the point of having members and listening to them is ???

I thought you where above that attitude beard..
  #166  
Old 09-17-2009
Riceman's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 576
Does it really bother you guys that much that it is kind of similar to another website? At least you still have your huge *** avatars, unlike RPS. At first it was kind of bright for me, but I've gotten used to that. My only complaints now are text is barely visible in some places, and the post width is discontinuous. But its a work in progress.
  #167  
Old 09-17-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
i am not that type of person Zach, but none of you guys are listening to me. So I am getting frustrated.

Deal with it for a few days, if you want to take it personal so be it. But its not, and you should know that, if you cant wrap your head around it, again so be it. If you were to really look at RPS or TRS they are nothing the same.
  #168  
Old 09-17-2009
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
So what was the whole reason behind this change exactly?
  #169  
Old 09-17-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
because it has been the same for so many years, figured we would freshen it up and this is our first attempt, its not like we are professionals at it so it takes some time but you guys dont understand any of it other than to be mad and pitch a fit.
  #170  
Old 09-17-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
.

Last edited by Redneckstone; 09-17-2009 at 11:51 PM.
  #171  
Old 09-17-2009
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 175
I'll be honest, I've had intermittent flashes of the 'new style' vs. the old. Right now mine is back to old...so I'm liking it. Here's what I like about the 'old style'.

1. Dark background = Easy to read
2. Clean as hell...I'm a neat person, and as far as forums go, this one is one of the cleanest I have seen.
3. Continuous format up and down the page.

Things I don't like about the 'new'
1. Light color background is not bad, just not as good as the old version
2. Varying avatar sizes is just messy, especially when it's set up on the side. It then pushes some further out than others, and IMO makes it look VERY unprofessional.
3. Some text is small and not easy to read, some texts are too light. I know these will be worked out with time.

Overall, I'm sure everyone would eventually adjust to a new style, I just think with the left side formatting, it will look very unprofessional and messy until something is done with avatar sizing. The background color is less preferable to the old, IMO. Reading white lettering on a darker background is much easier for me. I think the old style was clean, professional and very user friendly. I'm sure with time a new format could also be the same, but hopefully you (Zach) can use the criticisms of members and improve it. I understand it takes a lot of work and time, so I know it's a work in progress. Hopefully I have made some points that can help also.

Last edited by Edge_factor; 09-17-2009 at 09:34 PM.
  #172  
Old 09-17-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
its about 30 percent complaining and the other 70 either like it or do not.

i have read every post. the only mod that has complained is Shane, I asked for some feedback and I am reading it, but I also asked for some patience and understanding. Yet I get very little.

As for working 12+ hours, thats awesome, but I posted that things would be changing earlier this morning before it changed. We have been working on this for a few weeks. Its not like we just dumped it on without working with it. There are just somethings that need to be put out there to see if it will work. Right now we are working on it. Hey but guess what we all have lives too, I work so does my help.
  #173  
Old 09-17-2009
Smakes's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: nowhere
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard View Post
its about 30 percent complaining and the other 70 either like it or do not.
all i want is this option to go back to the old format that you claim to be possible, wich i cannot locate, nor can anybody else
  #174  
Old 09-17-2009
russian's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 574
Only thing I don't like is the avatars on the side, also its a bit bright. I like everything else, its good to see a change up. Though I did like the old theme as well.
  #175  
Old 09-17-2009
zabeard's Avatar
who?
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
well it should allow you to but for whatever reason its not working, like i said we will fix it, but i cant get it to work right now
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
look look look ... bruiser General Ford Ranger Discussion 7 11-27-2007 04:37 PM
I feel dumb (crash) Red_Ak_Ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 11 05-07-2006 10:29 AM
I feel so dumb for asking this involving the headlight switch... Fx4wannabe01 General Technical & Electrical 32 03-02-2006 05:40 PM
I feel like a fool...maybe you can help. jdpartsman99 General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 01-03-2006 11:42 AM
What Shocks Do you Feel are the Best? iverson Suspension Tech 14 07-23-2005 07:31 PM


Tags
demod, mod, nazi, redesign, style, theme

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.