Member review: STRUCK, winks, spaz - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews Like a Ford Ranger product? Perhaps a product was not up to par? Did a member impress you? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-24-2008
bryanjints's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Posts: 1,857
Member review: STRUCK, winks, spaz

What a great guy!!!

Went out to what I thought was a very tame trail very close to my house. Was led there by a fairly new member from here. Spaz. Nice to meet him and his friend. Hopefully next time I won't end up stuck for 4 hours.

I got stuck about 3:30 in the afternoon. Not a good time most people are working at that time on a weekday. One thing I learned from this stuck is never enter a mud hole you don't know with your foot on the brake. Hit that skinny pedal and give your best go you can sort the rest out later. I called a few people who were no help. I call winks who was working but was able to give me Struck's number which I had in my cell phone that broke 2 days ago. Thank God I had winks number in my phone.

So Struck is willing to come help but works till 5pm. So we go back to my house to get a shovel to try and get the axle unburried. That only got me deeper. The stuff was like quicksand no mud.

Mike showed up just before 6 and tried winching me backwards. No luck but now his truck is close to over heating so we let it sit for a while. Then try winching forwards and popped out nicely. But no brake pedal I thought I was going to drive right into him. Thanks Mike!!

I was not getting out without a winch. The brakes worked fine by the time I made it out of the trail and onto the road but the rocks stuck in my brakes were annoying to listen to.

Two great guys Struck and Winks. Spaz a good guy too willing to try and pull me out but it really needed a winch.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2008
spaz1879's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lumberton, nj
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanjints View Post
What a great guy!!!

Went out to what I thought was a very tame trail very close to my house. Was led there by a fairly new member from here. Spaz. Nice to meet him and his friend. Hopefully next time I won't end up stuck for 4 hours.

I got stuck about 3:30 in the afternoon. Not a good time most people are working at that time on a weekday. One thing I learned from this stuck is never enter a mud hole you don't know with your foot on the brake. Hit that skinny pedal and give your best go you can sort the rest out later. I called a few people who were no help. I call winks who was working but was able to give me Struck's number which I had in my cell phone that broke 2 days ago. Thank God I had winks number in my phone.

So Struck is willing to come help but works till 5pm. So we go back to my house to get a shovel to try and get the axle unburried. That only got me deeper. The stuff was like quicksand no mud.

Mike showed up just before 6 and tried winching me backwards. No luck but now his truck is close to over heating so we let it sit for a while. Then try winching forwards and popped out nicely. But no brake pedal I thought I was going to drive right into him. Thanks Mike!!

I was not getting out without a winch. The brakes worked fine by the time I made it out of the trail and onto the road but the rocks stuck in my brakes were annoying to listen to.

Two great guys Struck and Winks. Spaz a good guy too willing to try and pull me out but it really needed a winch.
yea your truck got stuck pretty bad i wasnt sure if we where gonna be able to get it. good think struck pulled through with a epic manuver.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
As I said on the phone, glad you got out of that. I don't know how much my Ranger could have done without a winch. Good thing I still have Mike's number from since... I don't know when. I'll have to give him a call the next time I get stuck.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2008
Ace's Avatar
Ace Ace is offline
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central, Illinois
Posts: 3,448
did you get any pics?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2008
spaz1879's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lumberton, nj
Posts: 74
no i didnt get any pics, didnt have a camera. bryan got a couple with his phone though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-25-2008
bryanjints's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
As I said on the phone, glad you got out of that. I don't know how much my Ranger could have done without a winch. Good thing I still have Mike's number from since... I don't know when. I'll have to give him a call the next time I get stuck.
I am almost certain your ranger or any ranger for that matter would have been able to pull me out. Unless Crazyearl came up and I even joked about giving him a call.

I thought that you had a high lift jack. If I had one of those I would have been able to get out without a winch although it wouldn't have been easy I had a plan in my head. If Mike couldn't make it out with the winch my next plan was going to be to go find a highlift even if that meant buying one.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-25-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanjints View Post
I am almost certain your ranger or any ranger for that matter would have been able to pull me out. Unless Crazyearl came up and I even joked about giving him a call.

I thought that you had a high lift jack. If I had one of those I would have been able to get out without a winch although it wouldn't have been easy I had a plan in my head. If Mike couldn't make it out with the winch my next plan was going to be to go find a highlift even if that meant buying one.
"Had" being the correct word for my ownership of the high lift. It died on me after that hole swallowed up my Bronco behind our house.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-25-2008
STRUCK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Burlington
Posts: 171
No problem Brian, I know you would do the same for me if I was in that position.

Like I said the other day I'm in the process of doing the SAS on my Ranger, but when its done I would like to get another trip together. Like the last one we did up to Hidden Lakes. Should get everything done late August, but I'll keep you guys posted.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
Looks like I've got to get a rear drive shaft ordered for the Bronco. I don't want to miss out on another trip.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2008
bryanjints's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Posts: 1,857
I was thinking something for September. We can throw some dates around and see what works for everyone.

I guess since you don't have a high lift any more I would have gone to buy one. I really should have one and I think I would have been able to get out if I had one although it would have been a Royal PITA.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-25-2008
spaz1879's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lumberton, nj
Posts: 74
bigger tires man your axle was touching the ground either that or dont creep in the hole next time
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-26-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
If you don't check out the hole first with something to measure it, I think creeping is the only way to go if you are on your own. Even if the hole does suck you in, as did in my case,most likely you're not going to go far enough to submerge your air intake point.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2008
bryanjints's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Posts: 1,857
If I had hit the hole hard I would have made it no problem. With there being a puddle with pure sand on the bottom as soon as those TSL's started spinning I dug my self down real quick. It was like quicksand. If I had my own winch I would go back out there and do it again.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-26-2008
spaz1879's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lumberton, nj
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanjints View Post
If I had hit the hole hard I would have made it no problem. With there being a puddle with pure sand on the bottom as soon as those TSL's started spinning I dug my self down real quick. It was like quicksand. If I had my own winch I would go back out there and do it again.
how about we go back out again and then you can try the whole 3 finger Doom struck and winks you are welcome to come too, maybe even partake in the festivities?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-27-2008
winks's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jackson, New Jersey
Posts: 4,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz1879 View Post
how about we go back out again and then you can try the whole 3 finger Doom struck and winks you are welcome to come too, maybe even partake in the festivities?
Thanks Spaz, I would but my Ranger only sees light trails now. I'm trying to keep it in good shape because its too hard to find cheap replacement parts for, and its also my daily driver. Once I get a new driveshaft in my Bronco and maybe a winch, you'll definitely see me out there.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-27-2008
spaz1879's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: lumberton, nj
Posts: 74
good stuff man i look forward to seeing you Bronco tear that mud up
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Struck stuttered while driving on a level grade? 20102wdRanger General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 01-30-2012 04:00 PM
apartment got struck by lighting 04RangerDave General Technical & Electrical 7 06-10-2011 06:06 PM
Has anybody tried Spaz-stiz Chrome spray paint? winks Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews 8 10-12-2007 05:30 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.