ModBargains Maglite Mount - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Ranger Products, Company, & Member Reviews Like a Ford Ranger product? Perhaps a product was not up to par? Did a member impress you? This is the sub-forum for you.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Icon7 ModBargains Maglite Mount

I ordered a maglite mount from Modbargains. I ordered it so my maglite would have a place to stay instead of rolling around under my seat. It took a few weeks to get it but ModBargains has excellent customer service. However, I don't see the point of giving me a shipping number when it was alreaady shipped out 5 days before. I got my shipping info on the same day UPS dropped off my mount. I was told it was going to ship FedEx. In my shipping info they e-mailed me they gave me a tracking number and beside it it said FedEx. I ran it and FedEx couldn't find it because it was actually a UPS tracking number. No big deal. It was super easy to install. All you have to do is remove the bolt under the seat, put mount through bolt and screw the bolt back in. I did this and my maglite now has a somewhat safe place to live. There are a few problems however. The back of my 3d maglite hits the rail under my seat. I'm only 5'6" so I sit with my seat closer to the steering wheel than the average adult. There is a large gap between the mount and under the seat where it lives. This is why it is hitting the rail under my seat. Whoever made this mount/bracket didn't measure properly and therefore my mount hits the rail under my seat. It should lay down almsot on the floor instead of traveling upwards under my seat. Here are some picture to help illustrate the problem with the mount.

Name:  100_4297.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  100_4296.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  100_4292.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  72.7 KB

Name:  100_4291.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  27.3 KB

Last edited by outdoorsman; 04-01-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2008
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
That does look like a problem, kinda glad I didn't get one now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2008
Roach2004's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,320
Can you take it out and bend it down?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
I don't have the tools to bend it. That is some strong aluminum they used.

Trying to get my little sister back there I always have to move my seat (2dr supercab) and it whacks that light somewhat hard.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2008
whippersnapper02's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
I ordered a maglite mount from Modbargains. I ordered it so my maglite would have a place to stay instead of rolling around under my seat. It took a few weeks to get it but ModBargains has excellent customer service. However, I don't see the point of giving me a shipping number when it was alreaady shipped out 5 days before. I got my shipping info on the same day UPS dropped off my mount. I was told it was going to ship FedEx. In my shipping info they e-mailed me they gave me a tracking number and beside it it said FedEx. I ran it and FedEx couldn't find it because it was actually a UPS tracking number. No big deal. It was super easy to install. All you have to do is remove the bolt under the seat, put mount through bolt and screw the bolt back in. I did this and my maglite now has a somewhat safe place to live. There are a few problems however. The back of my 3d maglite hits the rail under my seat. I'm only 5'6" so I sit with my seat closer to the steering wheel than the average adult. There is a large gap between the mount and under the seat where it lives. This is why it is hitting the rail under my seat. Whoever made this mount/bracket didn't measure properly and therefore my mount hits the rail under my seat. It should lay down almsot on the floor instead of traveling upwards under my seat. Here are some picture to help illustrate the problem with the mount.







That is wrong. Mine is not like that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Yeah I was searching aorund and realied that mine is basically defective. I sent Alon a PM and from all my previous dealings with ModBargains I know they'll take care of me. I just got the runt of the litter.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2008
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
There may be some differences between standard and regular cab, and year to year model differences -- as well as any tolerance differences.

Well, it's a neat idea for a mount anyway. I like it and might get one and just bend it in my press if I have to. Still, I can see where the average driver might be unhappy with it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-2008
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by fddriver02 View Post
That is wrong. Mine is not like that.



it almost looks from the pictures that the "arm" was put on in reverse.

Yours looks like the longer part is attached to the mount, while his, the longer part is attached to the bolt
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
I'm at school and I just don't have the tools to cut it down and drill another hole or bend it so it doesn't hit.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
it almost looks from the pictures that the "arm" was put on in reverse.

Yours looks like the longer part is attached to the mount, while his, the longer part is attached to the bolt
Yeah Scott that looks pretty accurate!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-01-2008
jtslmn720's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Kent State, Kent Ohio
Posts: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
it almost looks from the pictures that the "arm" was put on in reverse.

Yours looks like the longer part is attached to the mount, while his, the longer part is attached to the bolt
i dunno, that part thats welded to the tube looks to be an inch maybe. i dont think it would reach the bolt and still have enough to drill the hole. looks like it just got bent in the wrong spot

unless he sends you a new one, my vote goes to shortening the bottom piece and redrilling. it might end up being a slot but itll still hold
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-01-2008
Alon's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,555
I'm not happy seeing that, and since the guy that makes them sends it out for us, I did not see this before your pictures. You will get taken care of, don't worry about that.

I'm going to look into this.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Yeah Alon I know it isn't ModBargains. I saw that it came from Washington and I think you're out of California. Thanks Alon
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-01-2008
Alon's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,555
Just wondering.... Can you just use the leverage of the flashlight and tweak it down so it clears?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
I tried a little bit but it's kind of hard when it's way under my seat. I can't exactly grab it and just bend it, but I'll try it agian later. It looks really nice though, pretty aluminum, fancy rubber tape stuff, just no light it in for now, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-01-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LANSING, MI
Posts: 339
get a hammer or a baseball bat and prop the piece up again something sturday and hit the sucker. i have used a drill and 4x4 to bend up some metal in a bind before.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-01-2008
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
if you have a vise just slam it in there and see if ya can bend it...i have no probs with mine anymore...but i had flashlight fitment probs since i did not use a mag lite...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
When I have access to a vise I might try it. That isn't exactly the point though. When you pay for a product that has a specific application and everything is followed to spec it should properly work/fit. ModBargains seems to understand what great customer service is all about and they understand when an issue arises. It's like a little kid at a b-day party. The cake is being cut and every piece is about the same size. I was the kid who got the small one with only a little frosting. Everybody else there got a larger one with more frosting (sort of makes sense). Plus, if they sell this mount to others they want it to fit correctly. Who wants to buy something and then have to fix it so it works/fits properly.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-01-2008
Alon's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
When I have access to a vise I might try it. That isn't exactly the point though. When you pay for a product that has a specific application and everything is followed to spec it should properly work/fit. ModBargains seems to understand what great customer service is all about and they understand when an issue arises. It's like a little kid at a b-day party. The cake is being cut and every piece is about the same size. I was the kid who got the small one with only a little frosting. Everybody else there got a larger one with more frosting (sort of makes sense). Plus, if they sell this mount to others they want it to fit correctly. Who wants to buy something and then have to fix it so it works/fits properly.
Bryan...I am very sorry for this and will send you some cake at my earliest convenience.





lol! But seriously, I will take care of you (and always have) and we'll figure something out. I am waiting for a response from the guy that makes these and we'll probably get a new one out to you asap.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
No problem at all Alon. I wasn't even worried about you taking care of me. I know how you do business and you're a straight up honest guy. It sucks for you because you didn't do anything wrong!

I am going to see if it will fit on my dad F-150 though. It takes some huge torx bit. I have to stop by the hardware store and pick up a few and see what fits.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Great news Alon! The extra space fits his 1999 F-150 perfectly! I had to find a Torx 55 to take the bolt out. This thing fits like a glove no extra space, perfect fit. It is tilted a tad to the drivers side but it's on super tight and snug. Here are a few pictures to illustrate. He has power seats so the only place this will work is under the drivers seat on the inside seat floor bolt (you know what I mean)



Name:  100_4311.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  33.0 KB

the new F-150 bracket's home inside this gas hog

Name:  Bloodybasin22842.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  73.0 KB
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-01-2008
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
You could have probably flipped it around and mounted it so that the handle sticks out instead of having it go under the seat then you could have been able to grip it and bend it down without a vise.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-01-2008
Alon's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,555
Well I'm glad it worked out on there...I'm going to send you a PM about getting another one for your ranger.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-01-2008
outdoorsman's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 1,690
Alon sure knows how to be a true professional and take care of his customers. I'm always leary of buying products online because stuff like this can happen and usually the customer sevice is crappy. I notified Alon 5 hours ago and I already have a response and it's being corrected. Now that is service! This is why I'd rather spend my hard earned $$ with companies like ModBargains and a few select others because they care about their customers and their reputation!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-01-2008
Alon's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
Alon sure knows how to be a true professional and take care of his customers. I'm always leary of buying products online because stuff like this can happen and usually the customer sevice is crappy. I notified Alon 5 hours ago and I already have a response and it's being corrected. Now that is service! This is why I'd rather spend my hard earned $$ with companies like ModBargains and a few select others because they care about their customers and their reputation!

Well Thank you!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Maglite underseat mount and HIDs - SoCal eddiefromcali Interior, Exterior, Electrical, & Misc. 8 06-12-2012 11:52 AM
Maglite mount for under seat? korey89 Interior Semi-Tech 7 01-03-2009 09:44 PM
pics of my maglite mount 04fx4 General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 04-17-2008 08:20 PM
Maglite A-Piller (How? Pictures? Maglite Sizes?) TommyC Interior Semi-Tech 11 08-20-2006 02:27 AM
Maglite mounting brackets? titus02ranger General Ford Ranger Discussion 24 01-05-2006 01:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.