35/14.50 thorn birds and centerlines with 3 in body - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 02-07-2009
robert99ranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana/Mississippi
Posts: 5,807
Those 35's look badass on there.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-07-2009
04BlackFX4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzzsaw View Post
now thats funny
Considering you don't even get the joke behind it....sure, its HILARIOUS....
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-07-2009
elementsenjoi's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 352 Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04BlackFX4 View Post
Thats pretty pointless... Why would you buy for looks an no function??
Because I can. Have you ever owned them or do you just assume that they have no function? Do you know where I drive the truck that they are on? Do you know what truck they are on? "Thornturds" have a bad rep because word travels. One guy doesn't like them and then everybody follows right behind without any experience with claims like "Thornturds suck!" I don't want to hear how bad Thornbirds suck from another person that have never had them.

With that said.... I wouldn't put them on my DD truck. They are on my beater truck. I have never had a problem with them, but they just don't perform like an LTB.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-07-2009
elementsenjoi's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 352 Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0 View Post
Well I hate to be the one to break this bad news to you. You wasted your money.
Really? They wear great, ride decent, and perform decently off road as well. I'd say you are wrong, and even if I did waste my money what does that matter to you? I paid $100 each for them new. Tell me why I wasted my money. Be specific.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-07-2009
98liftedranger's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,538
I have to agree that they suck. But that is from experience. They might have worked for you but sucked for me.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-07-2009
gotmud?'s Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: avon park florida
Posts: 401
well the thorn birds are far from a bad tire they perform well for my needs on the f-150 but just wont clear on my truck but thanks all of u for ur opinions, i will be putting up some more pics of my truck after i went to slw mudhole today
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-08-2009
redranger4.0's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Firey depths
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by elementsenjoi View Post
Really? They wear great, ride decent, and perform decently off road as well. I'd say you are wrong, and even if I did waste my money what does that matter to you? I paid $100 each for them new. Tell me why I wasted my money. Be specific.
They wear "great" because the tread compound is super hard, other then that I disagree, I have had 3 friends who wasted their money by buying them. They all actually wheel and found out very quick that thornbirds dont have any traction offroad or on. Not to mention you could have bought a set of LTB's for a little more a tire and had a tire that actually works.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-08-2009
elementsenjoi's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 352 Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0 View Post
They wear "great" because the tread compound is super hard, other then that I disagree, I have had 3 friends who wasted their money by buying them. They all actually wheel and found out very quick that thornbirds dont have any traction offroad or on. Not to mention you could have bought a set of LTB's for a little more a tire and had a tire that actually works.
Ah yes, they are a very hard compound. They also have small voids and very large tread "blocks". There is a lot of tire touching the road. This doesn't mean it is a bad tire. They are on a truck that is primarily street driven, NOT my blue truck which I wheel often. Thornbirds do work. They might not be the best tire out there, but neither are a lot of tires that people on here buy.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-08-2009
venom97's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: peking
Posts: 379
my buddy had a jeep with thornbirds and them seem to work ok for him when we went wheeling. i agree that there not the best tires for off road but they were no where near the worst.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-08-2009
buzzzsaw's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where u are
Posts: 63
Whoa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04BlackFX4 View Post
Considering you don't even get the joke behind it....sure, its HILARIOUS....
Hold on BIGBOY>>>> How do u know what I know???
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do birds poop on your truck? FMD General Ford Ranger Discussion 18 10-24-2005 12:15 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.