dang. totally wickedsick truck dood - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 09-15-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordTough2007 View Post
you guys are going to hate me. but its honestly not that bad.. loose the flaps, and the stickers and stuff and maybe lower it a little. and its a pretty nice truck..someone put a lot of work into it. i mean if someone gave me the keys to thatd id drive it. if i was to build a truck i would make it a little more practical but hey who cares. its a show truck most likely with the completely painted or chromed under carriage. the drop hitch isnt to bad if he knows how to use it right.. i mean heck on our stock 350s at work we have to have a seven inch drop to pull the box trailer level.
a lot of work? Its a bolt on kit.. and someone took the pieces in a paint booth. yea, tons of work.


the mud flaps kick ***!
  #27  
Old 09-15-2009
kenny_216's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
trucks like that are all over the place down here



such a waste
i like this truck, the other one isnt bad, just too much lime green on it (thats comin from sumone whos favorite color is lime green lol) take sum of that green off n black it out sum more itd be sick
  #28  
Old 09-15-2009
Ranger_Guy15's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
trucks like that are all over the place down here



such a waste
At least that one is more practical.
  #29  
Old 09-15-2009
FordTough2007's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Auburn,ME/Selinsgrove,PA
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
a lot of work? Its a bolt on kit.. and someone took the pieces in a paint booth. yea, tons of work.


the mud flaps kick ***!
alright alright. maybe not a lot of work.. but some work.. ok it took effort... ok screw it nevermind. i was just trying to be positive
  #30  
Old 09-15-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
a lot of work? Its a bolt on kit.. and someone took the pieces in a paint booth. yea, tons of work.


the mud flaps kick ***!
i think he meant a lot of money... lol. I cant talk though, 99% of my mods are all bolt on too.
  #31  
Old 09-15-2009
99MazdaB4000's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,980
For a bunch of people with "waste of a truck" mods done to their truck, which also has IFS, to be making fun of that truck is idiotic.

Take the flaps off, rear window decal delete, and you have your self a badass rig to cruise the highway in....which, by the way, would run right over our Rangers.
  #32  
Old 09-15-2009
00DangerRanger00's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 231
come on now guys its the cool thing to do-look and do what everyone else is doing not my cup of tea and the ride must be horrible i see them all day long and there all the same
  #33  
Old 09-15-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99MazdaB4000 View Post
Take the flaps off, rear window decal delete, and you have your self a badass rig to cruise the highway in....which, by the way, would run right over our Rangers.
yea but a number of the rangers on here, if used, could out wheel that truck hands down. It would roll if it tried to run one of our rangers over.

its a huge waste of money. I've never understood them.. if you have a tiny dick just buy a corvette or something you can at least have fun in.
  #34  
Old 09-15-2009
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
Not Practical at all


Some what practical


Actually Practical and full of use
  #35  
Old 09-15-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
its a huge waste of money. I've never understood them.. if you have a tiny dick just buy a corvette or something you can at least have fun in.
LMAO!
  #36  
Old 09-15-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
yea but a number of the rangers on here, if used, could out wheel that truck hands down.
BS.
  #37  
Old 09-15-2009
08XLT4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: bomba shack
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFords View Post
BS.
it all depends... sometimes a smaller rig is much much better for wheeling (ie trails) than a full size.

if were talking straight up Florida style mudding, then yeah its all about how big and high the truck is. but pretty much EVERYTHING else, a smaller truck wins.
  #38  
Old 09-15-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFords View Post
BS.
....really? What drugs are you on? I want a few.

reality check.. Give me a ranger on 35s and I'll put it more places than that huge fukin thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btm757 View Post
Not Practical at all


Some what practical
the second one is only like 3-4" lower..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
it all depends... sometimes a smaller rig is much much better for wheeling (ie trails) than a full size.

if were talking straight up Florida style mudding, then yeah its all about how big and high the truck is. but pretty much EVERYTHING else, a smaller truck wins.
also gotta factor in weight, rangers weigh a ton less and that would help in mud.
  #39  
Old 09-15-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
More places like narrow trails, yea. Hell, in that respect, my stock Bronco 2 will outwheel most vehicles on here. But mud, power lines, firetrails, the kind of wheeling we do, that Chevy will own most on here. The main reason I got my B2, was for the narrow 4 wheeler trails around here.

Last edited by USMCFords; 09-15-2009 at 07:50 PM.
  #40  
Old 09-15-2009
TrucknGolf's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,829
I would rock it.
  #41  
Old 09-15-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrucknGolf View Post
I would rock it.
x2....maybe not the mudflaps. But they're probably required in Commiefornia.
  #42  
Old 09-15-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
i would rock em with the ladies..
  #43  
Old 09-15-2009
btm757's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk / Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ranger4x4 View Post
the second one is only like 3-4" lower..?

Yes but the second one isnt all dumb and riced out and its alot cleaner plus it doesnt advertse a drink that they prolly just drink because its the "cool thing to do" What are you driving around 7-11 promos for. seriously! I dont advertise unless im either getting money for it. Or I really really like something and i want everyone else to use it too. Or its for a good cause.
  #44  
Old 09-15-2009
Sea-Bass's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08XLT4x4 View Post
"even"??? i think every douche with a monster sticker is a poser! lol (unless theyre getting paid by monster that is)
LOL, true!
  #45  
Old 09-15-2009
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFords View Post
More places like narrow trails, yea. Hell, in that respect, my stock Bronco 2 will outwheel most vehicles on here. But mud, power lines, firetrails, the kind of wheeling we do, that Chevy will own most on here. The main reason I got my B2, was for the narrow 4 wheeler trails around here.
yeah well everywhere else like he said it will not work, and thats 95% of the rest of the places in the US. I would most def. put money on every truck like that I can out wheel them in real offroading. Giant mud hole just takes any old giant truck.. hard
  #46  
Old 09-15-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR View Post
yeah well everywhere else like he said it will not work, and thats 95% of the rest of the places in the US. I would most def. put money on every truck like that I can out wheel them in real offroading. Giant mud hole just takes any old giant truck.. hard
Real offroading huh? And what would that be? Yep a giant mud hole takes any old truck like a pile of rocks takes any old buggy.
  #47  
Old 09-15-2009
Johnbaum13's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,343
Mud ain't wheelin. Its mud.
  #48  
Old 09-15-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbaum13 View Post
Mud ain't wheelin. Its mud.
Rocks aint wheeling. Its a rock.
  #49  
Old 09-15-2009
INT3RC3PTOR's Avatar
Veteran Status Achieved
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesooooota
Posts: 8,203
yeah I said real offroading..putn the pedal to the floor and letn a 502 or big diesel scream as you spin through some mud isnt all that techinical. But I guess thats me.

Take the samn damn truck on some off camber rocks runs and tight trails, yeah not gona work. That takes some skill.....IMO


and the any old buggy, any of those built up buggys are BUILT..and can do mud any day
  #50  
Old 09-15-2009
USMCFords's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Crystal River, FL
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by INT3RC3PTOR View Post
yeah I said real offroading..putn the pedal to the floor and letn a 502 or big diesel scream as you spin through some mud isnt all that techinical. But I guess thats me.

Take the samn damn truck on some off camber rocks runs and tight trails, yeah not gona work. That takes some skill.....IMO


and the any old buggy, any of those built up buggys are BUILT..and can do mud any day
Any of those big trucks are BUILT and can drive over rocks any day. And no, those buggies don't do mud very well at all.
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dang, someone hit my truck :o( 03XLT General Ford Ranger Discussion 27 04-17-2012 07:42 PM
truck totally dead jayellcowen General Technical & Electrical 16 03-11-2011 08:44 PM
DANG sidemark and dang ebay/help joshtank Exterior Semi-Tech 2 10-18-2010 01:17 AM
Totally Confused rangerkidSHSU Exterior Semi-Tech 4 04-18-2006 07:19 PM
Totally Re-doing the system thebillsman Audio & Video Tech 12 11-03-2005 04:43 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.