Few pics! - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 03-09-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
We went back there last week and checked it out but didnt get to fish either! we machete'd our way through the woods to get to the other side of it just to check it out though, it would be tough to bank fish out there since there are only a few spots you would be able to fish from, but im gonna bring my jonboat out there pretty soon hopefully! we saw a few gators an armadillo and a deer when we went.. but if youre looking for peacocks just hit up the golf courses, we catch them left and right at eagle trace, big ones too, they start biting more in the afternoon, they like the warm sun.. and as far as lox goes it definitely sucks without a boat, even with a boat its not great, ive caught a few decent ones out there though.
Damn your crazy lol, there was an opening thats right by the beginning that I was standing at and that looked like a decent place to fish. Maybe I'll bring my canoe back there if it's any good, I just hate paddling it. If you want send me a PM before you go out there and I'll meet you there with my friend and my canoe or his. I'll try eagle trace, IDK anyone that lives in there so I'll just park across the street and walk the banks. And I've actually only fished lox once from shore, whenever I go there I go on one of my friends boats. I was talking about going far left and far right as in like the channel after you get out of the little no wake zone, you can go right/stright or left across the really shallow part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
Id still rather catch a largemouth any day of the week!
Your CRAZY lol, I HATE largemouth. They don't fight at all and I only use 2lb test with a tiny rod. I love peacock fishing, they actually fight. IDK maybe it's just because I'm used to offshore saltwater fishing.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
Your CRAZY lol, I HATE largemouth. They don't fight at all and I only use 2lb test with a tiny rod. I love peacock fishing, they actually fight. IDK maybe it's just because I'm used to offshore saltwater fishing.
Yeah they dont fight for you cuz ur only catching quarter pounders! lol but peacock are fun, they definitely fight harder but id just rather catch a big largemouth.. i got some pics of the peacocks we catch at eagle trace ill post up tomorrow
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudranger96 View Post
Dont get me wrong i love the fishing here. But i have never caught a peacock before and think it would be an awesome experiance.
Believe it or not i have gone fishing the past 4 days in a row, catching mostly largemouth
They are all over down here, theyre pretty fun, they are pretty aggressive to bite and they give a hell of a fight.. ive been fishing like everyday also, i just got a new shimano curado 201E7 reel, and its amazing!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstangboi View Post
um....dude, a peacock is a bird......like thing.

with feathhers n ****...
lol yeah thats exactly what were trying to catch!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-10-2009
mudranger96's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lehigh Acres, FL
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
They are all over down here, theyre pretty fun, they are pretty aggressive to bite and they give a hell of a fight.. ive been fishing like everyday also, i just got a new shimano curado 201E7 reel, and its amazing!
Yeah shimano makes very nice reels i have a few myself.
Have you ever fished alligator alley? Its been years since i went and when i did i tore up the bass and oscar. I would really like to do that again but not sure of where to fish.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-10-2009
Downey's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncy, PA
Posts: 8,470
looks sweet
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudranger96 View Post
Yeah shimano makes very nice reels i have a few myself.
Have you ever fished alligator alley? Its been years since i went and when i did i tore up the bass and oscar. I would really like to do that again but not sure of where to fish.
It's very hit or miss out there, but there are definitely big fish out there! It would be tough to get to good spot without having a boat though..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-10-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Awesome pics, your bass are so much darker then ours. I've been skunked the past 4 times I've went!! :(

I would love to fish for those Peacocks. I bet that is awesome!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-10-2009
korey89's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South, FL
Posts: 4,672
^^^ That pic was probably from the Amazon, they aren't that huge down here. I wish they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
Yeah they dont fight for you cuz ur only catching quarter pounders! lol but peacock are fun, they definitely fight harder but id just rather catch a big largemouth.. i got some pics of the peacocks we catch at eagle trace ill post up tomorrow
Haha yeah right, the lake in my neighborhood is 4lb-5lb bass every couple casts. I haven't fished it in like 6 months though so IDK if it's still as good.

What are you using at Eagle Trace? I like rooster tails for peacock, ever try them there?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by korey89 View Post
^^^ That pic was probably from the Amazon, they aren't that huge down here. I wish they were.



Haha yeah right, the lake in my neighborhood is 4lb-5lb bass every couple casts. I haven't fished it in like 6 months though so IDK if it's still as good.

What are you using at Eagle Trace? I like rooster tails for peacock, ever try them there?
usually they start hitting the rattle traps around 10am, but ive never tried that rooster tail thing
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by seed60 View Post
Awesome pics, your bass are so much darker then ours. I've been skunked the past 4 times I've went!! :(

I would love to fish for those Peacocks. I bet that is awesome!!
They arent all that dark, that water was real swampy, but in the clearer lakes around here they are lighter and have nicer patterns..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-10-2009
Jeromeo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Posts: 258
CRAZY! I haven't seen water outdoors since November or so. Everything is ICE!!!! Here's a picture of me catching a small Lake Trout (wasn't even legal size) out of Cold Lake (way up in Western Canada).


Your pictures make me feel warm but then I remember it's -31F here.... Ouch it hurts.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-10-2009
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
crazy ***, damn dude all this fun and all i've been doing is working
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130 View Post
crazy ***, damn dude all this fun and all i've been doing is working
Haha seriously man, you need to start coming out with us!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-10-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
CRAZY! I haven't seen water outdoors since November or so. Everything is ICE!!!! Here's a picture of me catching a small Lake Trout (wasn't even legal size) out of Cold Lake (way up in Western Canada).


Your pictures make me feel warm but then I remember it's -31F here.... Ouch it hurts.
well it's a sunny 78 degrees here if that make ya feel any better lol
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-11-2009
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
Haha seriously man, you need to start coming out with us!
i can only hope...i work all day today, all day tommorow and fri/sat/sun off, so let me know. I am possibly getting a job at cleaveland and I was trying to get you one but you have to have your PARAMEDIC so stop being lazy! You could possibly have a job...if you want it.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-11-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130 View Post
i can only hope...i work all day today, all day tommorow and fri/sat/sun off, so let me know. I am possibly getting a job at cleaveland and I was trying to get you one but you have to have your PARAMEDIC so stop being lazy! You could possibly have a job...if you want it.
Yeah yeah im studying...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-11-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Heres a few of the peacocks ive caught at eagle trace..

Name:  DSCF0103.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0104.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  97.9 KB
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-11-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Time to change the Diff fluid and prob trans T-case... and rear u-joint might be hating you right now..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-11-2009
bugz1racing's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudranger96 View Post
umm yeah... i hope that was a sarcastic comment but if it wasnt here is what we are talking about

Peacock bass
WTF! A mix of a rainbow trout, grass carp and a bass. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-11-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
Time to change the Diff fluid and prob trans T-case... and rear u-joint might be hating you right now..
? i agree! lol
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-11-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
? i agree! lol
referring to this

saw that pic and was like wow all i see is work lol...

Name:  34730004.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  95.2 KB
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-11-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
referring to this






saw that pic and was like wow all i see is work lol...
ha welllllll i guess its a good thing that my rear diff, transmission, t-case, and front diff vent lines are ALL extended to my engine bay right under the hood by the battery! lol so dont worry, no work!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-11-2009
Kevooo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tamarac, FL
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz1racing View Post
WTF! A mix of a rainbow trout, grass carp and a bass. LOL
more like a colorful largemouth that likes to fight....
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-11-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevooo View Post
ha welllllll i guess its a good thing that my rear diff, transmission, t-case, and front diff vent lines are ALL extended to my engine bay right under the hood by the battery! lol so dont worry, no work!
rear axle seals arnt always perfect lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In the process of a few mods, what i'm doing and a few ideas! opinions please! MrDeeds Exterior Semi-Tech 4 02-01-2012 08:18 PM
A few muddy and a few clean pictures 05BLKEDGE Snapshots 1 05-23-2011 05:59 PM
Back in NL for a few days, few pics of my Jetta effexfour Snapshots 4 07-04-2009 06:27 PM
more pics. some scenic shots, and a few stuck pics :) Tys 4x4 FTW Snapshots 9 04-07-2009 06:01 PM
A few additions, and a few pics a-little-edgey Snapshots 7 03-05-2009 11:57 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:09 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.