Finally got my new Pickup - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 04-24-2010
morris's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Detroit.
Posts: 7,833
thats def a trade up. very nice. i didn't catch it but manual or auto?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-24-2010
wvcat's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Cumberland
Posts: 2,044
Nice Vinny, want to trade?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-24-2010
fourliter dan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lebanon, OR
Posts: 2,229
mmm 7.3!

need some 238/100 hybrid injectors, 38R turbo, 5" strait pipe custom tune, intake, up pipes, high pressure fuel pump, regulator return, and youll be snortin 45 psi! so fun so fun!

good steal man! love it
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-24-2010
RangerExtreme's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Robinson, Pa
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
thats def a trade up. very nice. i didn't catch it but manual or auto?
Yeah def a trade up but its saddly a auto i got tired a waitin on a manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcat View Post
Nice Vinny, want to trade?
Denied lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourliter dan View Post
mmm 7.3!

need some 238/100 hybrid injectors, 38R turbo, 5" strait pipe custom tune, intake, up pipes, high pressure fuel pump, regulator return, and youll be snortin 45 psi! so fun so fun!

good steal man! love it

Ha ha hey if you buyin put it all in the cart and click check out for me
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-24-2010
cchsbuzz19's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,417
Great looking Rig Scott! 2 of my friends just picked up Powerstrokes so I've been looking at them lately on Autotrader and such lol. I'd love to have one.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-24-2010
RedComet6342's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 241
If i ever got me a 250, thats what i would want it to be, nice truck
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-25-2010
99XLTOffroad's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, PA
Posts: 505
I'll try to make a couple meets this year and let you take a drive in my truck and let you decide on some mods you might want to do to yours.

Also before you go to a tuner i would like to suggest getting guages (Boost, Pyrometer, and Trans.) to monitor how much psi your pushing, and how hot your truck and transmission is getting.

P.S. Please don't go banks tuner. Try DP-Tuner or Swamps Diesel, or Tony Wildman custom tuning. It's much better than a tuner with off the shelf tunes.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-26-2010
sullys_ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NewLexington, Ohio
Posts: 3,615
bout time you posted pics, the phone pics sucked!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-26-2010
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
Looks good, make sure you go with a straight 5 inch exhaust! You'll be smacking your self in the head if you don't
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-26-2010
fourliter dan's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lebanon, OR
Posts: 2,229
agreed!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-26-2010
freddie's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerExtreme View Post
But yeah i was thinkin banks tuner...thats way down the road
Fail
For the love of God, DO NOT buy Banks crap. That stuff is JUNK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XLTOffroad View Post
I'll try to make a couple meets this year and let you take a drive in my truck and let you decide on some mods you might want to do to yours.

Also before you go to a tuner i would like to suggest getting guages (Boost, Pyrometer, and Trans.) to monitor how much psi your pushing, and how hot your truck and transmission is getting.

P.S. Please don't go banks tuner. Try DP-Tuner or Swamps Diesel, or Tony Wildman custom tuning. It's much better than a tuner with off the shelf tunes.
Smartest post in the entire thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
Looks good, make sure you go with a straight 5 inch exhaust! You'll be smacking your self in the head if you don't
x2. Sounds about a 1,534,384 times better than a 4"

My opinion.. in this order. Intake, exhaust, gauges (Boost, EGT, and Trans temp), and then get a TS 6 position chip from Swamps Performance Diesel. Personally I like Swamps but you'll have good luck with any of the tunes Shane mentioned.

Don't get Banks.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-26-2010
99XLTOffroad's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, PA
Posts: 505
To be honest Freddie i wish i would have went with swamps first. Don't get me wrong Jody did an awesome job live tuning my truck but I would like to try something else. When i got mine, Jody was the one recommended to me. Now i have seen what swamps has done and i am debating on switching over.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-26-2010
Redrocket's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waynesville n.c
Posts: 1,993
looks good but needs towing mirrors.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-26-2010
FordTough2007's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Auburn,ME/Selinsgrove,PA
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XLTOffroad View Post
I'll try to make a couple meets this year and let you take a drive in my truck and let you decide on some mods you might want to do to yours.

Also before you go to a tuner i would like to suggest getting guages (Boost, Pyrometer, and Trans.) to monitor how much psi your pushing, and how hot your truck and transmission is getting.

P.S. Please don't go banks tuner. Try DP-Tuner or Swamps Diesel, or Tony Wildman custom tuning. It's much better than a tuner with off the shelf tunes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
Looks good, make sure you go with a straight 5 inch exhaust! You'll be smacking your self in the head if you don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocket View Post
looks good but needs towing mirrors.
x5000 to all of these things
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-27-2010
freddie's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XLTOffroad View Post
To be honest Freddie i wish i would have went with swamps first. Don't get me wrong Jody did an awesome job live tuning my truck but I would like to try something else. When i got mine, Jody was the one recommended to me. Now i have seen what swamps has done and i am debating on switching over.
I don't blame you. I have a LOT of confidence in them. Jody and others do a great job of tuning, but I swear by Swamps. I have their hybrids, tuning, etc. After I get a BTS in the truck, its going back down to them to get larger nozzles.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-27-2010
RangerExtreme's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Robinson, Pa
Posts: 2,047
thanks guys i'm gonna keep that all in mind...first i wanna find a intake though
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-27-2010
JoshK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CC, Indiana
Posts: 3,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerExtreme View Post
thanks guys i'm gonna keep that all in mind...first i wanna find a intake though
Depending on what mods you want to do I would suggest the DIY intake to get you started

I want to make a new metal intake later, but the DIY does just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-27-2010
99XLTOffroad's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, PA
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I don't blame you. I have a LOT of confidence in them. Jody and others do a great job of tuning, but I swear by Swamps. I have their hybrids, tuning, etc. After I get a BTS in the truck, its going back down to them to get larger nozzles.
I agree with the Swamps opinion. I have my transmission upgraded with BTS internals. There is just something i am starting to not like with my DP. Not knocking on it. Just my opinion really.

I really like your OBS Freddie. Plus I'm jealous of the crew cab lol.

Scott the DIY Intake will do just fine for you for now IMVHO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
finally finished with the pickup for a while rangerstepside General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 10-13-2012 12:04 PM
Pickup our "new used" pickup next Friday penquin230 Member Introductions 5 02-11-2012 01:32 PM
Finally Rocking a Pickup Again! jhink92 Member Introductions 5 02-03-2012 11:25 AM
finally finally got one!!!! atlanta426 Member Introductions 18 11-09-2010 04:47 PM
New to the pickup game '08 FX4 Dude Member Introductions 29 04-05-2009 10:24 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.