I traded in the ranger for a.. - Page 5 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #101  
Old 04-19-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycheetwood View Post
Maybe I need to clarify idle problems.

Car is tuned for no cat.

Dealer put cat on. Car isn't expecting extra back pressure effecting idle.

Car will be getting a cat delete a new tune in the coming weeks lol.

Gees you people and your arguements.

I loved the ranger. And I love the evo. I kinda wanna buy a 2wd ranger for a prerunner project.

Like everyone has said rangers aren't perfect. Trannys are ****. Slaves suck *** you all know it. Overall the truck is under powered.
I say, its all good bro. If thats what ya want get it, your the one makin the payments who cares what other people think...lol!!! I like the car alot i just threw in my opinion of what i disliked about it, but thats why the say to each there own. Other than i'd rock it too!!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-19-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by hozII View Post
HAHAHAHA!!! IDK how in the world you can tell a HP gain from a bumper on a dyno and no it dont dyno anyways. I used to be that person that thought by adding all this aftermarket stuff made a huge diffrerence and though some of it does a lil at times but come on dude you gotta be kidding me, theres no way THAT bumper is gonna make THAT much difference on that car, been there seen it done it. I cant tell you how many dollors ive wasted over the yrs on that stuff and though i did like it but it wasnt helpin all that much in the HP department, now if ya wanaa start talkin about engine add on's and CPU upgrades then ok i can agree with that, but until then show me where on a DYNO you can see a difference from a front bumper.
Let me put it much more simply...

1- Stock lip forces less air into the FMIC
2- Aftermarket lip forces more air into FMIC
3- More air into FMIC lowers intake charge temperature and turns up charge density.
4- Higher charge density & lower charge temperature means more knock control.
5- More knock control means you can tune closer to stoich and make more power
6- More knock control means you can advance timing closer to MBT
7- Advanced timing and closer to stoich means car gets more power. (best usually about 12:1)

Sorry if I lost you anywhere in there. Not all cars have aggressive front lips just for looks.

In general, its frustrating when the majority of people think "oh I just bolted on this new part and now I have XX more HP because thats what the website says" - most bolt-ons are power enablers: meaning you have to actually recalibrate something to enable your engine to produce more power.

Last edited by Jp7; 04-19-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-19-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycheetwood View Post
Maybe I need to clarify idle problems.

Car is tuned for no cat.

Dealer put cat on. Car isn't expecting extra back pressure effecting idle.

Car will be getting a cat delete a new tune in the coming weeks lol.

Gees you people and your arguements.

I loved the ranger. And I love the evo. I kinda wanna buy a 2wd ranger for a prerunner project.

Like everyone has said rangers aren't perfect. Trannys are ****. Slaves suck *** you all know it. Overall the truck is under powered.
I still think backpressure is not related to your idle problem. I think it is related to that HKS intake, or a boost leak.

How2 - boost leak test for 5.02$
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-19-2009
country346's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East , Texas
Posts: 459
Oh and BTW to Explain my negitivity, Generally when you buy Something like this weather it be a tuned Sports Car, or a lifted truck odds are it was not taken care of it was rode rough and beat to hell and back Drivetrain wise. You knew what you had with your truck with this you don't. You might have a perfect gem that the owner knew exactly what he was doing and took expert care of the vehicle while still using it for its means but all to often that is not the case. I looked at well over 75-80 Jeeps and turned them all down, some were awesome deals like you got, Deals that are too good before I baught mine for this exact reason.

Im not going to lie its a nice looking car, even though its not my cup of Tea. Good luck with it and I hope you don't regret this in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-19-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
You might have a perfect gem that the owner knew exactly what he was doing and took expert care of the vehicle while still using it for its means but all to often that is not the case.
Good point.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-19-2009
jaycheetwood's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 2,218
Jp7 I should know tomorrow what is going on. I think she is going to slc to be hooked up and read out.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-19-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
Let me put it much more simply...

1- Stock lip forces less air into the FMIC
2- Aftermarket lip forces more air into FMIC
3- More air into FMIC lowers intake charge temperature and turns up charge density.
4- Higher charge density & lower charge temperature means more knock control.
5- More knock control means you can tune closer to stoich and make more power
6- More knock control means you can advance timing closer to MBT
7- Advanced timing and closer to stoich means car gets more power. (best usually about 12:1)

Sorry if I lost you anywhere in there. Not all cars have aggressive front lips just for looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hozII View Post
show me where on a DYNO you can see a difference from a front bumper.
No you didnt lose me there...lol. And i already knew your point. BUT i still stand firm on the fact that, THAT bumper is not gonna make THAT much HP difference on that car, So now im all outta pee and cant hold a pissin contest anymore...thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-22-2009
pace51's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: on da puter
Posts: 711
Jay I can beat your rice rocket with a 4 bannger ranger. Remember it's all in how bad you wana win. And how much you like your ride.

Nice score on the car, just don't wrap it around a tree...I want story time every now and again when you get a ticket.

By the way how fast has you got her so far??? Me wants to know
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-22-2009
99XLTman's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bradenton Fl
Posts: 411
Some of you guys are so clueless.

An evo is a great car. Not a "ricer".

saying an evo is a ricer is like saying everyone with a lifted truck is a racist hick.

Get a clueeeeeeee
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-22-2009
element4all's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Forest Hill, Maryland
Posts: 570
i only wish i could trade for a evo, its my dream car
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-22-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XLTman View Post
Some of you guys are so clueless.

An evo is a great car. Not a "ricer".

saying an evo is a ricer is like saying everyone with a lifted truck is a racist hick.

Get a clueeeeeeee
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4all View Post
i only wish i could trade for a evo, its my dream car

Well unfortunately like everything in this thread that has been said including me that is an opionated statement and all in the eye of the beholder. Just because someone with a lifted truck makes that statement doesn't mean diddly. I have a lifted truck and i like the evo's. So there's ya a clue!!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-22-2009
Jp7's Avatar
Jp7 Jp7 is offline
Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: My LED lab or on the dyno
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4all View Post
i only wish i could trade for a evo, its my dream car
You can have mine, just get me a mint R34.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-22-2009
manofak's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: elk grove, IL
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp7 View Post
You can have mine, just get me a mint R34.
would a right hand drive R32 work?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
traded off the ranger shadowrider Snapshots 13 03-22-2008 11:06 AM
Traded in the Ranger - Hello F-150 rangerb General Ford Ranger Discussion 6 02-20-2008 08:24 AM
Traded the Ranger for an F150 Buck General Ford Ranger Discussion 8 10-28-2007 01:44 PM
Traded The Ranger. mustanger1986 General Ford Ranger Discussion 13 10-26-2007 12:15 AM
Another Ranger Traded In 01BlkEdge General Ford Ranger Discussion 11 08-01-2006 11:22 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.