Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Identify this part

Old 12-01-2017
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, new york
Posts: 3
Identify this part

Hey guys, Iíve found a coolant leak which I believe is coming from this part. I found that coolant leaks when I have my heater on, and it drips on my cyclinder 4 spark plug. Any help identifying this part would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Identify this part-23533353-9d93-45f2-8497-7860217a646a.jpeg  
Old 12-02-2017
V8 Level II's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,910
It is called a heater control valve or sometimes a heater diverter valve. Be sure to buy the exact part for your year and engine combo and then install it exactly as removed.

Also, the boards are full of horror stories about aftermarket valves that need to be replaced annually. IMO, if you're in it for the long haul, spend the extra for Motorcraft. They seem to last closer to ten years, sometimes longer.
Old 12-02-2017
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, new york
Posts: 3
thanks a lot man, that really helps me out!
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech
2 Weeks Ago 12:01 PM
2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech
05-04-2014 11:01 PM
2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech
05-27-2012 07:49 PM
General Ford Ranger Discussion
04-05-2012 09:01 PM
SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines
11-04-2010 12:19 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Identify this part

Contact Us - Sitemap - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.