my truck - Page 3 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Snapshots Share photos of vehicles in this sub-forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #51  
Old 02-15-2012
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy User… ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
MaxValle,

So lets back up… you do not like the Projector Setup; you chgd the Fogs to Projectors to get the lights you need out front and you like the looks ?

Does that sum it up ?

Can you live with the light output on the projectors ?

How does it compare in your opinion to OEM lights ?

I am thinking on getting a set, I DO like the look, a little ricer but nice look for the Ranger.
Is there a reason that I should not get them ?

One more question… You said you did not have high beams, do you think high beams would make the light output OK ?

I do like the looks !

thks
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-15-2012
MaxValle's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
MaxValle,

So lets back up… you do not like the Projector Setup; you chgd the Fogs to Projectors to get the lights you need out front and you like the looks ?

Does that sum it up ?

Can you live with the light output on the projectors ?

How does it compare in your opinion to OEM lights ?

I am thinking on getting a set, I DO like the look, a little ricer but nice look for the Ranger.
Is there a reason that I should not get them ?

One more question… You said you did not have high beams, do you think high beams would make the light output OK ?

I do like the looks !

thks
what you see is what you get with these lights. i have not modded them in any way. the projectors on them suck. i was very unhappy with the light output, so i put regular 8k HID bulbs into my fog lights to accomodate for the lost light output caused by the projectors.

for light output, stick to OEM without a doubt

i thought they looked a little ricer too, but from different angles, they look sweet. for example:



reasons not to get them: projectors suck, and install is somewhat tricky (at least for me it was)

with the high beams, i still have them. i just did not change the hi beam bulb to an HID bulb. when the hi beams are on, the light output is excellent

any other questions man, feel free to ask :)
Attached Thumbnails
my truck-img-20111019-00029.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-15-2012
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy User… ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,773
Thks
I like the look and the only problem is the light output.

Oh ya, no more questions.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-16-2012
MaxValle's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
Thks
I like the look and the only problem is the light output.

Oh ya, no more questions.
you could always throw some hella's behind your grill lol
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-16-2012
immortal_vision's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C
Posts: 612
MURDAH MURDAH! siiiiccccck truck
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-16-2012
immortal_vision's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: C
Posts: 612
are those 8K bulbs just straight replacements that go into the stock sockets? or do you need ballasts.. i think i read their HIDs somewhere, i have never done them, curious how they work!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-17-2012
01RangerEdge's Avatar
Scrambles the DeathDealer
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MO
Posts: 7,598
I think he just bought an HID kit
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-17-2012
MaxValle's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_vision View Post
are those 8K bulbs just straight replacements that go into the stock sockets? or do you need ballasts.. i think i read their HIDs somewhere, i have never done them, curious how they work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge View Post
I think he just bought an HID kit
they are a kit and came with ballasts. the HIDs that are just bulb replacements are awful, stay away from those
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-17-2012
2006crfrider's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spokane,WA
Posts: 424
Maybe if i could see it?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-18-2012
MaxValle's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006crfrider View Post
Maybe if i could see it?
my HID setup?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wife got me a trophy truck for Christmas! ...RC trophy truck winks Snapshots 14 12-31-2008 05:49 PM
motor swap from an auto truck to a manual truck? 8-ball 2.3L & 2.5L I4 Tech 2 07-20-2008 05:08 PM
I really didn't like my truck (or any truck for that matter)... bergs General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 03-29-2008 03:12 PM
Do You Use Your Truck as a Truck? Trigger01 General Ford Ranger Discussion 46 08-02-2006 02:32 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.