98 ford ranger 2.5 to 2.3 swap - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


SOHC - 2.3L & 2.5L Lima Engines Discussions and Topics specific to the Lima 4 cylinder engines

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-01-2014
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: gallipolis ohio
Posts: 74
98 ford ranger 2.5 to 2.3 swap

im am putting a 96 2.3 engine in my 98 that had a 2.5 what all do i need
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2014
Bazman2008Ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chino Hills, California
Posts: 412
Actually i think you should just drop a 4.0l or a 5.0l

would be way more fun
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2014
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
a 98 is prime for a 5.0L swap.
I wish i kept the shitbox one i picked up for 600 bucks and dropped a 302 in it.

plenty of 5.0L swap threads on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-01-2014
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: gallipolis ohio
Posts: 74
well bud i am only 17 im only putting a 2.3 in it cuz its cheaper for me to do it that way
or i would be putting a 302 in it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-01-2014
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
The wiring will be very close in difficulty going from a 2.5 to an older 2.3 as it is going to a 5.0 and the cost wont be much different. If you're asking "what is needed", then maybe you should do some research before thinking you know the cost of a motor swap.

Also, I'm not and don't plan on being your bud.

Last edited by 99offroadrngr; 06-01-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-2014
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: gallipolis ohio
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
The wiring will be very close in difficulty going from a 2.5 to an older 2.3 as it is going to a 5.0 and the cost wont be much different. If you're asking "what is needed", then maybe you should do some research before thinking you know the cost of a motor swap.

Also, I'm not and don't plan on being your bud.
ok guy i know i need to put my 2.5 intake on the 2.3 because the 2.5 uses a returnless fuel system and that i need to put the motor mounts from the 2.5 on the 2.3 because the 2.5used bolt thurs and the 2.3 does not im found an engine for 125 bucks and a 2.5 cost 350 so i have consitered the cost i put this up to see if i forget anything and the wiring for a 2.3 and 2.5 are almost the same so learn before you comment on something you dont know a hole lot ablot and im from the south i call every one bud so next keep your rude comments to your self
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-2014
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: gallipolis ohio
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazman2008Ranger View Post
Actually i think you should just drop a 4.0l or a 5.0l

would be way more fun
a 5.0 would be more fun bu tthis truck is my only way to get around and i have kids and a job
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-02-2014
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 ford ranger 5speed View Post
ok guy i know i need to put my 2.5 intake on the 2.3 because the 2.5 uses a returnless fuel system and that i need to put the motor mounts from the 2.5 on the 2.3 because the 2.5used bolt thurs and the 2.3 does not im found an engine for 125 bucks and a 2.5 cost 350 so i have consitered the cost i put this up to see if i forget anything and the wiring for a 2.3 and 2.5 are almost the same so learn before you comment on something you dont know a hole lot ablot and im from the south i call every one bud so next keep your rude comments to your self
If you're really from Ohio, you're not from "the south".

Last edited by 99offroadrngr; 06-02-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2014
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: gallipolis ohio
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
If you're really from Ohio, you're not from "the south".
have you heard of southen ohio im near kentucky and west vergina its pertty darn close
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
01 ranger body swap onto 01 explorer = no engine swap? computergod 8-Cylinder Tech 17 01-25-2017 09:09 AM
Die-Hard Ford-ie, Ford-ite, Ford-iast ... cuddlepuppy59 Member Introductions 15 11-15-2013 02:42 PM
will a 2000 ford ranger step side box fit a 2003 ford ranger with no step side? mitchellkend General Ford Ranger Discussion 2 11-11-2012 08:04 PM
Ford Taurus 24v swap heads witha Ranger 3.0 RamgermasterKC 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 5 12-06-2008 03:18 PM
grille swap on a 2000 ford ranger - how hard is it? 20 min job? joey v 2.9L & 3.0L V6 Tech 2 02-14-2008 12:00 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.