Bodylift complete!! - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 04-26-2009
edgeman4.0's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: All Over
Posts: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
Watch your mouth! You will respect my AUTHORITAWWWWW. lol. Naw...both trucks each have different looks....thats what makes them unique.

whuuteva, I DO WHAT I WAAWNT! haha

i totally agree, dont get me wrong... both trucks are sex, put his grill on marie's truck imo and i'd like hers that much more.lol
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-26-2009
TANKER's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clarksville Tn.
Posts: 121
Looks Great!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-26-2009
sarasota4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sarasota florida
Posts: 404
what size tires are one there now?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-27-2009
DallyBoy09's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 184
They are factory 255/70/16's
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-27-2009
Downey's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Muncy, PA
Posts: 8,470
Shane now you need to suspension lift Maries truck and put it on 35s
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-27-2009
howells's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kitchener ont
Posts: 779
maries doesnt have the flairs thats what makes this truck better...i dont know why they did that on the xlts?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-27-2009
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
IDK...I've got an XLT and WISH mine didn't come with flares. lol.

06+: XLT = No Flares.
06+: FX4/Sport = Flares.



What looks better and what doesn't is in the eyes of the beholder....me personally...I like Marie's truck more than Dallis' truck....even if her's isn't PreKey'd yet. It's got really good flow to it...not too much chrome, not too much black, not too much orange.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-27-2009
TANKER's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clarksville Tn.
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallyBoy09 View Post
First off sorry about the crappy pics, my camera is still down but i had to get some up!

yes i am going to get gap gaurds, or should i say make them. Also paint the bracket for the front bumber.












Dallis,
I might have missed it, but what size tires are you getting & have you had the front end linedup? UPS brought me my pre-keys today . I've got to have some kidney stones removed tomorow so I don't kown when I'll get them in.
talk to you later, Tanker
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-27-2009
howells's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kitchener ont
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
IDK...I've got an XLT and WISH mine didn't come with flares. lol.

06+: XLT = No Flares.
06+: FX4/Sport = Flares.



What looks better and what doesn't is in the eyes of the beholder....me personally...I like Marie's truck more than Dallis' truck....even if her's isn't PreKey'd yet. It's got really good flow to it...not too much chrome, not too much black, not too much orange.

yes it is everone likes what they like. i like hers more right now cause its got bigger tires. but the 06-08 flares just do it for me..got to have the flares...if she put the flares on her truck even the non color matched ones it would look ba
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-27-2009
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
Congrats on the lift Dallis
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-27-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by howells View Post
yes it is everone likes what they like. i like hers more right now cause its got bigger tires. but the 06-08 flares just do it for me..got to have the flares...if she put the flares on her truck even the non color matched ones it would look ba

well i agree with shane on that one to each there own. personally i like both trucks!! Marie doesnt need flares if she doesnt like them or want them, thus for to each there own.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-27-2009
DallyBoy09's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 184
Thanks Marie, Would love to book a photo shoot ( once i get tires...and well money to travel down haha)

Thanks to everyone
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-27-2009
kyle12201's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: East Waterboro, ME
Posts: 1,543
Looks good dude! needs rims and tires now!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-27-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
pimptastic nice work
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-27-2009
DisturbedESV's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallyBoy09 View Post
Thanks Marie, Would love to book a photo shoot ( once i get tires...and well money to travel down haha)

Thanks to everyone
Haha... that's awesome... let me know when you can make it
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-27-2009
Billy4x4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kawartha Lakes
Posts: 626
hey just browsing through this thread, and to just wanted to say, you guys (and gals) are awesome!! like a family lol, every is so polite and helpful toward each other!!! wish i lived closer to some of you folks!! anyways!!!! not to mention, dallis the bodylift looks amazing.. lately ive been contemplating body over suspension.. more and more i think about it seems like the better way to go.. just a fraction of the price and looks just as nice in the end!! cant wait to see the wheels and rims!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-27-2009
DallyBoy09's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 184
Well thanks alot billy, And your not that far from me? like maybe 1hr 30mins?

the only reason i went with the body lift was cause of the price, but i do like suspension lifts better, but who knows maybe one day i'll be double lifted.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-27-2009
TANKER's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clarksville Tn.
Posts: 121
Dallis,
How long did it take to do the body lift & did you encounter any problems?
Thanks, James
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-27-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
I thought it was really weird that you did the cab first...took a double take at that picture haha.

Looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-27-2009
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bamaGT View Post
I thought it was really weird that you did the cab first...took a double take at that picture haha.

Looks good.
cuz he went step by step. instructions say to do the cab first.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-27-2009
hozII's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: athens, Al
Posts: 2,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bamaGT View Post
I thought it was really weird that you did the cab first...took a double take at that picture haha.

Looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99offroadrngr View Post
cuz he went step by step. instructions say to do the cab first.

HAHA!! Yeah i did the bed first because it was easier and i was over anxious to see it raised 3"....LOL!!!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-27-2009
03bamaGT's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B'ham, AL
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by hozII View Post
HAHA!! Yeah i did the bed first because it was easier and i was over anxious to see it raised 3"....LOL!!!
I think most of the people, including me, did the same thing haha.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-28-2009
99offroadrngr's Avatar
TOYOTA
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,728
ya i did too but i just answered the question LOL
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-28-2009
Rescue's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Posts: 213
looks great.....what lift did ya use? PA, summint, other?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-28-2009
howells's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kitchener ont
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy4x420 View Post
hey just browsing through this thread, and to just wanted to say, you guys (and gals) are awesome!! like a family lol, every is so polite and helpful toward each other!!! wish i lived closer to some of you folks!! anyways!!!! not to mention, dallis the bodylift looks amazing.. lately ive been contemplating body over suspension.. more and more i think about it seems like the better way to go.. just a fraction of the price and looks just as nice in the end!! cant wait to see the wheels and rims!


im pretty close to you guys 2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The thread everyone has been waiting for. HozII bodylift pics...95% complete Sonic04Edge Snapshots 104 10-03-2010 05:29 AM
installing bodylift TXranger4x4 Suspension Tech 22 12-21-2005 05:50 PM
Bodylift and Manual TCase Morph General Ford Ranger Discussion 9 11-14-2005 08:35 PM
2002 Ranger P.A. Bodylift....Q:<<<----- INT3RC3PTOR Suspension Tech 21 08-18-2005 09:44 PM
Everyone: Bodylift or not? yellerEDGEchick New Ideas 38 12-08-2004 05:26 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.