Coilover Conversion Hardware - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
ive gotten everyone pm's. dont worry. just waiting on something before i send out prices to everyone. hoping to get a few more people interested so that the price could be lower.
  #27  
Old 08-13-2009
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
ive gotten everyone pm's. dont worry. just waiting on something before i send out prices to everyone. hoping to get a few more people interested so that the price could be lower.
Good idea, less $$$ is good and Thanks for doing this... !
  #28  
Old 08-13-2009
CBFranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Posts: 1,029
I'm guessing this will work for us 2wd torsion guys too?
  #29  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
i dont see why not. but its just like the nonlifted guys, im not sure what coilover you will need.
  #30  
Old 08-13-2009
inh inh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Posts: 11
Notes (for 2nd gen explorer's (95-01))

Truck with a torsion twist up front:
15" extended length perfect

19" length for 4 inch superlift?
14" probably good for stock height

The guy with the TT went with these: Proma Star QA1 15" extended

If I had a superlift, and wanted to get torsion twist height (about another 2 inches) I'd go with these: Proma Star QA1 19" exended

If you wanted to keep just the superlift, and not have the extra height and masking out your CV's on droop, get some 17 or 18.5 inch length ones.

You can check out the model numbers here:

Lastly, as least with these, get the bearings not the poly bushing. The bushing tends to fall apart after awhile.

You can buy these shocks from summit, reasonably priced.
  #31  
Old 08-13-2009
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,780
Ford is using the FOX Brand on the new Raptor (I think) so that is where I would be looking.
  #32  
Old 08-13-2009
99ranger4x4's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 12,198
bilsteins suck, a bunch of us have broke them..

kings are expensive

Fox makes one almost exactly the size that rangers need.
  #33  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Heres some quick info on the group buy of coilovers:

Nick over at Off Road Warehouse has so generously decided to make a special group buy for all Ranger-Forums members. He has been working with several other people that have run the RCD lift and has been custom valving the emulsion shocks and remote resevoir shocks also. He is going to make us a good deal right off the bat with these shocks and the bigger the group buy, the more discount he will give us.

Here is the specs:

These will be for those with the superlift because they are 6.5" shocks. For you stock guys, youre going to need to take some measurements on the shocks and im sure Nick will be more than happen to work with you.

2.0 Fox Emulsion shocks w/ coils - $478 per pair
2.0 Fox Remote Reservoir w/ coils - $574 per pair

The shocks are customer built with a long eyelet to ensure the clearance of the CV and custom valving for the specs of the Ranger. He also says that if we want a different valving spec than what the normal is then he will do that the first time free of charge!

Guys this is a great deal. You cant buy coils AND shocks for this cheap. He has been doing this for quite some time and knows his stuff. He is making us a great deal so those that need coilovers for this swap should definitely jump on this.

If interested, just shoot me a pm.
  #34  
Old 08-13-2009
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
Heres some quick info on the group buy of coilovers:

Nick over at Off Road Warehouse has so generously decided to make a special group buy for all Ranger-Forums members. He has been working with several other people that have run the RCD lift and has been custom valving the emulsion shocks and remote resevoir shocks also. He is going to make us a good deal right off the bat with these shocks and the bigger the group buy, the more discount he will give us.

Here is the specs:

These will be for those with the superlift because they are 6.5" shocks. For you stock guys, youre going to need to take some measurements on the shocks and im sure Nick will be more than happen to work with you.

2.0 Fox Emulsion shocks w/ coils - $478 per pair
2.0 Fox Remote Reservoir w/ coils - $574 per pair

The shocks are customer built with a long eyelet to ensure the clearance of the CV and custom valving for the specs of the Ranger. He also says that if we want a different valving spec than what the normal is then he will do that the first time free of charge!

Guys this is a great deal. You cant buy coils AND shocks for this cheap. He has been doing this for quite some time and knows his stuff. He is making us a great deal so those that need coilovers for this swap should definitely jump on this.

If interested, just shoot me a pm.
Good Go !

Help me on this... the price is for shock and coils ?

If so can we get a heavier rate spring ?

AND if I will be running a full winch bumper should I go with something higher than teh 700s people are talking about ? HELP !


Also, does he sell superlift kits ?

Last edited by Scrambler82; 08-13-2009 at 01:20 PM.
  #35  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
just got my test set back! gonna weld them up and put them on my truck tonight. gonna be pretty pimp...

  #36  
Old 08-13-2009
seed60's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,584
Nice!!
  #37  
Old 08-13-2009
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,780
Waiting
  #38  
Old 08-13-2009
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
474 for the emulsions is awsome, i want the resi's but id like to save the 100 bucks, do you know what springs are included??? im still trying to figure out what i want to go with im guessing 750 at the moment, im not going to lie seeing all those brackets im completely lost, wernt the rcd ones already all welded up and you just had to weld the support??
  #39  
Old 08-13-2009
God,Country,FORD's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Red Oak, IA
Posts: 2,468
the # of the spring should not reflect the price of the spring.. When i was shopping on his website, you could choose what # you wanted, and it didnt change the price..
  #40  
Old 08-13-2009
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by God,Country,FORD View Post
the # of the spring should not reflect the price of the spring.. When i was shopping on his website, you could choose what # you wanted, and it didnt change the price..
yes i know this but im still curious as to what springs they are..........
  #41  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp1ik99 View Post
474 for the emulsions is awsome, i want the resi's but id like to save the 100 bucks, do you know what springs are included??? im still trying to figure out what i want to go with im guessing 750 at the moment, im not going to lie seeing all those brackets im completely lost, wernt the rcd ones already all welded up and you just had to weld the support??
yea the price on those are awesome. i am waiting on his reply as to the spring rate concern. will keep yall posted.


all those pieces you dont need to worry about. ill have them all welded up and ready for you to bolt on to your truck. no worries man. youll just need to be able to operate a wrench and a drill when you get these

Quote:
Originally Posted by God,Country,FORD View Post
the # of the spring should not reflect the price of the spring.. When i was shopping on his website, you could choose what # you wanted, and it didnt change the price..
thats how it is everywhere. you pay for the coil and just choose what spring rate you want
  #42  
Old 08-13-2009
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
yea the price on those are awesome. i am waiting on his reply as to the spring rate concern. will keep yall posted.


all those pieces you dont need to worry about. ill have them all welded up and ready for you to bolt on to your truck. no worries man. youll just need to be able to operate a wrench and a drill when you get these



thats how it is everywhere. you pay for the coil and just choose what spring rate you want
man i would def give you a handjob right now is that weird??? im pumped right now go weld stop typing
  #43  
Old 08-13-2009
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,780
shadow905, i jumped the gun a little on the superlift kit and contacted "[email protected]", asking if our contact here the this forum (you, did not mention you) could contact them; waiting for a reply.
If you don't want anything to do with this it is OK I will continue but what say you ?
  #44  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrambler82 View Post
shadow905, i jumped the gun a little on the superlift kit and contacted "[email protected]", asking if our contact here the this forum (you, did not mention you) could contact them; waiting for a reply.
If you don't want anything to do with this it is OK I will continue but what say you ?

not gonna lie man....that just confused the mess out of me and i read it several times. im not working with ORW. im just relaying the great deal that he has offered to you guys.
  #45  
Old 08-13-2009
Scrambler82's Avatar
Old Guy Userů ltr
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow905 View Post
not gonna lie man....that just confused the mess out of me and i read it several times. im not working with ORW. im just relaying the great deal that he has offered to you guys.
Sorry about that, I thought you had dealings with them and that is how you got the Shock/spring Deal.

I will continue asking on my own and relay any info to the site.

I will also start another thread and see what happens.

Again sorry for the confusion,
  #46  
Old 08-13-2009
TrePaul86's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 1,369
Very nice man!
  #47  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
Just wanted to be 100% sure that everyone knows that this is a GROUP BUY on the coilovers. which means, there is a minimum that needs to be purchased to get that price. 5 sets must be purchased in order to get that price. If we get ten purchases he said he will give us an ever lower price..
  #48  
Old 08-13-2009
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
WOW!! That's a great deal from ORW!!
  #49  
Old 08-13-2009
David N's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Williamston, NC
Posts: 1,060
Sooo... who's gonna be the first to do it on a stock height ranger? Im in for a set.
  #50  
Old 08-13-2009
shadow905's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boerne, TX
Posts: 1,997
sniperx103 is buying a set to install on his stock height ranger
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Sport Trac (Gone Coilover'd!) Coilover Pic Thread shooterdude199 Snapshots 17 09-27-2011 03:25 PM
For Sale: NEW RCD coilover brackets and hardware!!!!HI 808danger Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 10 07-14-2010 03:52 AM
new form of coilover conversion hardware HillPrideRanger Suspension Tech 13 12-14-2009 07:37 PM
checking interest: "superlift to coilover" hardware(TX) shadow905 Suspension Tech 173 08-12-2009 06:17 AM
COILOVER CONVERSION... Inputs??? Ford'sFORD Suspension Tech 33 03-09-2009 03:43 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.