New T-Bar install how-to? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-31-2010
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
New T-Bar install how-to?

I searched and can't find the thread where a guy basically went through the whole uninstall/install process.

My F-Bars are sagging horribly and I want to raise the front end back up. I want to go with B bars since I have a 2004 Ranger 4x4 with 3.0, would that be wise? The bolts were already maxed out when I bought the truck used. I believe this was from the factory because the one on the driver's side is almost all the way in and the one on the passenger's side is out quite a ways.

Do I just need new bars or is there other parts I should also order? What are the part numbers for new B-Bars and other necessary parts?

I found the part numbers for the #1 bars but can't find them for the B-bars.

Thanks in advance,
Zach
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-31-2010
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
You just need new bars. I would just go straight with the #1 bars if I were you. Or you might be able to find some used B bars for cheaper if you do want to go that route.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2010
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge View Post
You just need new bars. I would just go straight with the #1 bars if I were you. Or you might be able to find some used B bars for cheaper if you do want to go that route.
Well I would but I have a regular cab and they are too light for the #1 bars and I really like the way this truck rides. I"m not sure which one to go with but I hear that swapping them out isn't too bad.


'Anybody have the Vin number for B bars or the part number? Maybe #2 bars would be better than Bs? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2010
rangerboy101's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Winchester, Va
Posts: 8,187
This would run you about $700 but you could always just go ahead and do the coil-over conversion from ORW.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2010
Redrocket's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Waynesville n.c
Posts: 1,993
yeah dude do coilovers one day ill get around to doing it, have you checked out your local jy for some used bars?? i got some D bars but they prob wont help ya much
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2010
Fx4wannabe01's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boring, Oregon
Posts: 21,721
Yeah....I've really slacked on getting a PreKey/torsion bar swap/key swap how-to written up. I've typed alot of info on it before with some pics, Ive just hadn't gotten around to doing it.

Best thing I suggest: unbolt the top shock mount, sway bar end links, tie rod end, and possibly CV shaft......this will put the LCA's at total full droop and in-turn, will raise the inside of the key and tape it off the keeper block. This will allow you to remove the 'keeper' block that has the threads from the frame and then you'll be able to drop the key and slide the bar out. Totally the safest way of doing the swap with NO special tools. I had to do this to Marie's truck when I did the PreKey on hers after my 2 jaw puller took a shiet on me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillyard View Post
Anybody have the Vin number for B bars or the part number? Maybe #2 bars would be better than Bs? Thanks
My truck...BBKK....

1FTZR15E51PA99088
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2010
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy101 View Post
This would run you about $700 but you could always just go ahead and do the coil-over conversion from ORW.
I can't weld (well I probably could but I don't have the equipment or the time right now) I would love to but can't at the moment.

:(
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2010
Hillyard's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
Yeah....I've really slacked on getting a PreKey/torsion bar swap/key swap how-to written up. I've typed alot of info on it before with some pics, Ive just hadn't gotten around to doing it.

Best thing I suggest: unbolt the top shock mount, sway bar end links, tie rod end, and possibly CV shaft......this will put the LCA's at total full droop and in-turn, will raise the inside of the key and tape it off the keeper block. This will allow you to remove the 'keeper' block that has the threads from the frame and then you'll be able to drop the key and slide the bar out. Totally the safest way of doing the swap with NO special tools. I had to do this to Marie's truck when I did the PreKey on hers after my 2 jaw puller took a shiet on me.




My truck...BBKK....

1FTZR15E51PA99088
Thank you good sir!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SoCal People: Torsion Bar Install Help Mr. Special Suspension Tech 91 03-27-2007 08:46 PM
Step Bar Install Npierce Exterior Semi-Tech 5 02-03-2007 01:02 AM
James duff Trac bar install help Ranger1 General Ford Ranger Discussion 4 04-20-2006 04:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.