spindle lift... 32s? - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension Tech General discussion of suspension for the Ford Ranger.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-08-2009
Rangerplus's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 259
spindle lift... 32s?

I'm sure it's been covered, but I can't find it. I'm wondering how this combo would work... 3 inch lift spindles on a 2wd with 32s. I know several trucks are running 31s with this lift. I don't want to step up to the 5.5 lift but the only tire I find that I really like is 32. So who's running 32s or maybe even 33s with just a spindle lift on a coil sprung truck? Please post pics if you have them and let me know if you've had any rubbing issues and have had to trim anything. Big THANKS in advance to anybody who can help me out!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2009
ClemsonRanger03's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 804
Trigger01 has spindles on an edge with 32's. You could fit 33's easy on spindle lift.

Oh wait yours is coil sprung, maybe 32's would be best not sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2009
Riceman's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonRanger03 View Post
Trigger01 has spindles on an edge with 32's. You could fit 33's easy on spindle lift.

Oh wait yours is coil sprung, maybe 32's would be best not sure.
Trigger also has maxed t-bars, so he is about 2 inches higher than most spindle lifted trucks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2009
Fenech627's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 908
Rangerplus,

Unfourtanetly I dont have any pictures because the project has not been started yet. I am going to spindle lift, Body Lift and put shackles or aal in the rear. Once I am lifted I am going to put 33's on. You can run 33's with this lift but remember if you have the 3.0 you will want to re gear to something like 8.8 4.10's so the truck can run the tires easier. There are a few members on here with this combo I believe one member is called DallasGreen?

Hopefully more people respond with pictures or advice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2009
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
ya coil sprung 32's and t-bar 33's with spindles
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2009
98rangerxlt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 725
You might want to plan a regear since yours is a 4cyl
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2009
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Ah my old 2wd...3" spindle with AAL and shackle on 32s:
Name:  StinkBug.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  108.5 KB

Name:  TO-Tuck.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  112.8 KB
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2009
Steph3n1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerplus View Post
I'm sure it's been covered, but I can't find it. I'm wondering how this combo would work... 3 inch lift spindles on a 2wd with 32s. I know several trucks are running 31s with this lift. I don't want to step up to the 5.5 lift but the only tire I find that I really like is 32. So who's running 32s or maybe even 33s with just a spindle lift on a coil sprung truck? Please post pics if you have them and let me know if you've had any rubbing issues and have had to trim anything. Big THANKS in advance to anybody who can help me out!
my truck is a 2wd and has 3'' lift spindles in the front and a add-a-leaf in the rear im currently running 33x12.50's and have NO rubbing at all even turning as far as it will go.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2009
RangerJustin's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph3n1 View Post
my truck is a 2wd and has 3'' lift spindles in the front and a add-a-leaf in the rear im currently running 33x12.50's and have NO rubbing at all even turning as far as it will go.
You have t-bars not coils though, so you are able to squeeze bigger tires.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-10-2009
Steph3n1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 93
oh yea that's right 98 don't have tbars but mine aren't cranked at all
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-10-2009
Steph3n1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 93
haha you can but my 32x11.50's for cheep any takers? lol
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-2009
Rangerplus's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 259
Sorry, my sig is not up to date, I now have an 08... but yeah, still a 4 cyl, 5 spd, 2wd with coil sprung suspension so the same suspension set-up as the 98.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3" spindle vs 4" spindle lifted-edge Suspension Tech 3 10-27-2013 05:15 PM
Pics of rangers on 32s w 2 inch lift, stock height for edge? ChargerOnDavins General Ford Ranger Discussion 0 09-15-2011 01:44 PM
93-97 with 32s or 31 no lift or with bl only Downey Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 28 03-09-2008 11:33 PM
32s with lift pics bpolly_2004 General Ford Ranger Discussion 29 10-08-2007 08:27 AM
Coil lift vs. Spindle lift b-n-t09 Suspension Tech 14 05-07-2007 08:08 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.