Want to Buy: Coil spring lift, coil spacers - AL - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Suspension, Tires, & Wheels Ford Ranger suspension parts, tires, and wheels, i.e. suspension lift kits, body lifts, wheels, and tires.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 52
Coil spring lift, coil spacers - AL

I have a new ranger in the family its a 2008 2wd basic coil sprung ranger, Im looking to lift the front a little to accommodate biger tires. If any one has any coil spring spacers or bigger coils i can buy let me know. Or if anyone knows any information on lifting a coils sprung truck cheaply let me kno what i need.
  #2  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 15
I have a fabtech 2.5" kit at home (ill be home in a week). I don't know if you have the same suspension. It fits my 2000 2wd ranger. The kit has longer coils and new uppers
  #3  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by krackajak View Post
I have a fabtech 2.5" kit at home (ill be home in a week). I don't know if you have the same suspension. It fits my 2000 2wd ranger. The kit has longer coils and new uppers
how much are you asking for it?
  #4  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Killafornia
Posts: 1,523
cheap lift springs, i say cheap but djm drop springs are almost that price so not cheap cheap way cheaper then craptech kit though. any more then 2" and youll need uppers. http://shop.suspensionmax.com/Shop/C...4728/SFV/32526
  #5  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES894x4 View Post
cheap lift springs, i say cheap but djm drop springs are almost that price so not cheap cheap way cheaper then craptech kit though. any more then 2" and youll need uppers. http://shop.suspensionmax.com/Shop/C...4728/SFV/32526
thanks man
  #6  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 15
Ill take some pics and post it when I get home. The uppers need to be painted. The springs are fine. You need to be careful with coil spaces/just springs, they are murder on the upper ball joints. I have seen it with only 1.5" spacers. Personally, I went with spindles. Keeps stock geometry for the most part. Idk what the kit is worth, but lemme know how interested you are. I'm guessing I would have to ship it to you. I'm in CA 95064. Pm me if you wanna start dealin with specifics. The kit would be uppers, springs, camber bolts, poly bushings. You would need to press in ball joints. I know fabtech isn't the best, its a looks kit, not performance.

Thanks,
Jeff
  #7  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by krackajak View Post
Ill take some pics and post it when I get home. The uppers need to be painted. The springs are fine. You need to be careful with coil spaces/just springs, they are murder on the upper ball joints. I have seen it with only 1.5" spacers. Personally, I went with spindles. Keeps stock geometry for the most part. Idk what the kit is worth, but lemme know how interested you are. I'm guessing I would have to ship it to you. I'm in CA 95064. Pm me if you wanna start dealin with specifics. The kit would be uppers, springs, camber bolts, poly bushings. You would need to press in ball joints. I know fabtech isn't the best, its a looks kit, not performance.

Thanks,
Jeff
i know its a kit but im not really looking to spend alot on this though
  #8  
Old 03-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hampton, South Carolina
Posts: 15
ok im new to the whole lifting thing. i just my truck last yr and i got the shackles for the rear end. any suggestions for front end???
  #9  
Old 03-10-2011
rkneeshaw's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 106
I'm not sure if these would work for a 2008, but I would guess they would if the spring diameter is right:

https://www.ranger-forums.com/suspension-tires-wheels-118/lift-coil-spacers-u-bolts-mi-120062/
  #10  
Old 03-10-2011
Masteratarms93's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Goose Creek SC
Posts: 4,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
I'm not sure if these would work for a 2008, but I would guess they would if the spring diameter is right:

https://www.ranger-forums.com/showthread.php?t=120062
No, those are for pre-98 TTB Ranger only.
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 1 7/8''-2 3/4'' Coil Spring Spacers $50 - GA buckwheat Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 3 04-04-2011 06:25 PM
For Sale: 98+ 3" coil spring spacers, 30$ or trade for 93-97 spacers - PA Awilliams357m Suspension, Tires, & Wheels 5 11-20-2010 04:13 PM
HELP finding coil spring spacers 97blueranger Suspension Tech 2 11-15-2009 10:18 PM
Coil spring spacers rangercrazy07 Suspension Tech 3 10-29-2009 10:31 PM
Coil Spring Spacers? rangerdanger01 Suspension Tech 4 09-30-2009 06:03 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.