31's or 33's - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech General discussion of wheels and tires for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-20-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 69
31's or 33's

I've got a 2wd 4.0L v6 (SOHC) and I want to put 31's and a 3" BL on my truck. Somebody told me if I'm putting on a 3" BL i can put on 33's. Can I do that without regearing?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2007
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
are you a xlt or a edge?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2007
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
His profile says XLT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-20-2007
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
if your xlt then just put body lift on with 32's and some 15x8 wheels
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-20-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
if your xlt then just put body lift on with 32's and some 15x8 wheels

XLT. I wasn't aware EDGE's came in 2wd.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-20-2007
Roach2004's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,320
I have a 2wd EDGE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-20-2007
AgPete139's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 408
What are stock ratios in Edges?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-20-2007
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
I have a 8.8 with 4.10s stock in my Edge, I think most Edges came with that but I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-20-2007
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge
I have a 8.8 with 4.10s stock in my Edge, I think most Edges came with that but I could be wrong.
many 3.0 2wd trucks came with the 7.5 and 3.73 gears... thankfully my truck was not one of those
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach2004
I have a 2wd EDGE
Your truck looks sick.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-21-2007
txboy11's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 365
you can do 33s (i would not do 31s, too small) but will lose more power... if you could enentually regear then do 33s, but other wise stick to 32s, i did and am glad
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-21-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by txboy11
you can do 33s (i would not do 31s, too small) but will lose more power... if you could enentually regear then do 33s, but other wise stick to 32s, i did and am glad
Does your truck have any suspension lift? I like the look of your truck on 32's.

EDIT: I'm not religious but I think you're some sort of sign from god. My name is Ryan and my best friends name is Beach..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-21-2007
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by txboy11
you can do 33s (i would not do 31s, too small) but will lose more power... if you could enentually regear then do 33s, but other wise stick to 32s, i did and am glad
on an XLT 2wd it is hard to fit 33's with just 3" of lift it will rub he is better going with 32's

you on the other hand with an edge can fit 33's with out even thinking about it... no issues
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-21-2007
txboy11's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 365
yeah he is better with 32's

yeah man im an edge so got a lil more clearance... i got the 3" spindles w/ 2" factory block and an AAL in the back.. not even close to rubbin, i have a ton of flex
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-21-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by txboy11
yeah he is better with 32's

yeah man im an edge so got a lil more clearance... i got the 3" spindles w/ 2" factory block and an AAL in the back.. not even close to rubbin, i have a ton of flex
32's it is. If necessary I can add a 3" spindle lift later on down the road.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-21-2007
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st m0nkey
32's it is. If necessary I can add a 3" spindle lift later on down the road.
then you can fit 33's easy and 34's
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-21-2007
04blackedge's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 23,426
Could he fit 35s double lifted? I dont know much about XLT and tire sizes.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-21-2007
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackedge
Could he fit 35s double lifted? I dont know much about XLT and tire sizes.
with just 3" spindles and body lift no... 34's is the max i would try...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-21-2007
DaGGer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East Windsor, CT
Posts: 919
yeah, get some 32's be happy with it and if you feel you lost to much power just regear to 4.30's.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-21-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 69
I'm just going to stick with 32's. I'm not looking for a monster truck and I'm not trying to spend lots of money as I'll hopefully be selling this truck in May.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-22-2007
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st m0nkey
I'm just going to stick with 32's. I'm not looking for a monster truck and I'm not trying to spend lots of money as I'll hopefully be selling this truck in May.
well then thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.... lift it and want to sell it in a few months... um RIGHT... here is an idea... save your money then...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-22-2007
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGGer
yeah, get some 32's be happy with it and if you feel you lost to much power just regear to 4.30's.
wtf ROFLhelocopter batman.... you mean 4.10 gears.... FORD goes .... 3.73-4.10-4.56 yadada
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-22-2007
TommyC's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
wtf ROFLhelocopter batman.... you mean 4.10 gears.... FORD goes .... 3.73-4.10-4.56 yadada
I have 4.30s....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-23-2007
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, CA
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone
well then thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.... lift it and want to sell it in a few months... um RIGHT... here is an idea... save your money then...
I need new tires in fear of getting in an accident or having a tire go out due to them being so bald. We just had our circle refinished and slurry coated and I literally slide around corners at about 15 mph (Tokyo drift in a Ranger). A body lift is only going to cost me $150 bucks or so, and when I'm done with the tires I'll sell them to my cousin for his F-150.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-23-2007
DaGGer's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East Windsor, CT
Posts: 919
yeah, 4.30's are for 2wd trucks. they don't make them for the front gears so only 2wd trucks can use them.

Thats not that bad of an Idea but why not just get stock size tires. they are much cheaper.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.