35s on a BL with Flares - Page 2 - Ranger-Forums - The Ultimate Ford Ranger Resource


Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech General discussion of wheels and tires for the Ford Ranger.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #26  
Old 12-18-2006
casfz1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: southgate, mi
Posts: 1,989
he has no flares. that is another problem
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-18-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
haha, just run it bill. I think on 15x8's you will be fine, but 15x10's you will rub. On just my 3" spindles (with tbars up and all: max lift) I was rubbing a tiny bit on 15x10's. I was hitting the rear of the front flare on both sides...nothing you can snip either.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-18-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpro130
haha, just run it bill. I think on 15x8's you will be fine, but 15x10's you will rub. On just my 3" spindles (with tbars up and all: max lift) I was rubbing a tiny bit on 15x10's. I was hitting the rear of the front flare on both sides...nothing you can snip either.

I will just have to be easy on the skinny pedal thats all. I could get my 35s to rub the flares with the double lift lol, if i goosed it enough.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-18-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lvl2
I will just have to be easy on the skinny pedal thats all. I could get my 35s to rub the flares with the double lift lol, if i goosed it enough.
Exactly...just be easy

You goin mud terrains or all terrains?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-18-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
MT all the way
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-18-2006
jrpro130's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04lvl2
MT all the way
Very nice, very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-18-2006
5speedin2.3's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Livonia, Mi
Posts: 12
damn sorry. i see people are being crabby tonight.

i didnt see that part, i guess thats what i get for skiping over stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-18-2006
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
i cant speak for him but i know Jey had a bl on 35s i know he had glass but i dunno if he ran em without glass....you would have to ask him if he ever ran the 35s without glass
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-18-2006
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: crystal river,fl
Posts: 1,778


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-19-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
you are going to have to figure out why your front end is so much different before you do it bill.

idk i think its gonna rub. hate to say it. but would look killer if they fit.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-19-2006
xp1ik99's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 3,230
why is his front end so much different????
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-19-2006
gatorblue92's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speedin2.3
if this helps, i used search and found Ranger1's truck after his BL and 35's.


Ben had really bad rubbing with the 35's on both the rear and the front so i really dont think they are gonna fit unless you max out your tbars and get some AAL's or shackels on the back and maybe not even then
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-19-2006
n3elz's Avatar
RF Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kennett Square, PA
Posts: 10,620
Are you sure that's the BL only pics? Because at the end he had a suspension AND body lift. I think that contributed to his loss of control for his accident -- the very high center of gravity that results.

Not necessarily relevant, but I'll say it anyway: if you drive it every day, lift it only as necessary -- not for effect, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-19-2006
ranger's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Imperial Beach, CA
Posts: 4,502
yea you can still see the t bars on bens truck
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-19-2006
ScottG's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Posts: 4,926
well damn bill, you should have tried the 35s you sold before you got rid of them
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-19-2006
Lefty04LevelII's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,447
With my 33 BFG MT and no BL I can EASILY kill the front fender wall where my flare attaches on the rear fender flares. It's all due to axle wrap. I've lost count on the times I've gone to pepboys, autozone, or Checkers after wheeling to get new push pins for the very front bottom push pins on my flares since putting the 33s on. This is also on the stock alcoas. I also MINIMALLY rub up front when only making left-hand turns at full lock. Front suspension cycle wise, I rub the plastic wheel-well guard in the front when going over moderate bumps fast enough to get a compression.

Once the RCD is on I'll be running no OEM lift blocks. The deaver leaves + RCD shackles should be about the same height as RCD shackles + lift blocks + RCD AAL. I'll also be on 15x8 rims w/ 3.75 bs. I'd like to run 35s, but after looking at Ben's truck back when it was just a BL and 35s I dunno if I can stuff 35s in the rear with just the RCD. The front's easy, I'll just glass it. Hopefully I'll have minimal to no axle wrap in the rear once the blocks are off. If not then's it's a set of duffs. With no axle wrap I should be able to stuff the 35s in and not worry about rub unless in articulation.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-19-2006
Level III Supporter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: usa
Posts: 24,936
^^^^ he has james duff bars so the rear axle hardly moves anymore.. my advice to you is go get some bars...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-19-2006
01xltranger4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 3,200
Hate to say it but im with Zach B, I think they'll rub....IDK if it matters to you or not, but obviously the clutch is going to be a lil bit worse as well. If you can get a good deal on 33's i'd do that. Save the $ from getting 33's and maybe look into 15x10's at a later date?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-19-2006
01xltranger4x4's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 3,200
Or just come over and you can mount up my tires and wheels one weekend?....(15x10 though)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-19-2006
HighRollerII's Avatar
RF Veteran
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 10,066
if you get 15x10s and just run 33s you will be sittin like me..and lookin like me who doesnt want that :)
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-19-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty04LevelII
With my 33 BFG MT and no BL I can EASILY kill the front fender wall where my flare attaches on the rear fender flares. It's all due to axle wrap. I've lost count on the times I've gone to pepboys, autozone, or Checkers after wheeling to get new push pins for the very front bottom push pins on my flares since putting the 33s on. This is also on the stock alcoas. I also MINIMALLY rub up front when only making left-hand turns at full lock. Front suspension cycle wise, I rub the plastic wheel-well guard in the front when going over moderate bumps fast enough to get a compression.

Once the RCD is on I'll be running no OEM lift blocks. The deaver leaves + RCD shackles should be about the same height as RCD shackles + lift blocks + RCD AAL. I'll also be on 15x8 rims w/ 3.75 bs. I'd like to run 35s, but after looking at Ben's truck back when it was just a BL and 35s I dunno if I can stuff 35s in the rear with just the RCD. The front's easy, I'll just glass it. Hopefully I'll have minimal to no axle wrap in the rear once the blocks are off. If not then's it's a set of duffs. With no axle wrap I should be able to stuff the 35s in and not worry about rub unless in articulation.
pull the bedsides then it should work
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-19-2006
Lefty04LevelII's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
pull the bedsides then it should work
But then I might start to look like a steppie. And what fleetside in their right mind would want to do that? Oh god, now I'm bringing the fleetside vs. stepside argument from ORR to here. LMAO
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-19-2006
zabeard's Avatar
who?
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: IN
Posts: 26,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty04LevelII
But then I might start to look like a steppie. And what fleetside in their right mind would want to do that? Oh god, now I'm bringing the fleetside vs. stepside argument from ORR to here. LMAO

oh that is harsh...
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-19-2006
Lefty04LevelII's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeard
oh that is harsh...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-19-2006
04lvl2's Avatar
RF Veteran
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 5,600
I am still unsure on what I am going to do at this point.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flares or no flares? Sonic04Edge Snapshots 24 11-27-2009 12:52 PM
Flares or No Flares?? FX2.3 New Ideas 15 02-03-2007 07:30 PM
35s with the RCD lift Gearhead61 Wheels & Tires Semi-Tech 41 11-24-2005 07:48 PM
35s and what gears? zabeard Drivetrain Tech 37 11-15-2005 12:16 PM
New gears for 35s HighRollerII Drivetrain Tech 4 06-03-2004 10:05 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.