Had some time this afternoon so I decided to install the new tow hooks that I picked up last weekend. They look so much better than the old hooks. The job was a bit of a PITA due to lack of room to work. So on with the pics.
The new hooks
The old hooks
The hooks are each held on with three bolts, one facing the bumper and two on the top. The bolts facing the bumper were no problem but there is no room to get leverage on the top ones so I took the front off.
I was then able to get my breaker bar on the bolts from the top but there is not a lot of room.
Drivers side is done.
On to the passenger side and the real pain there was just enough room to get my extension between the front panel and the tranny cooler.
Heres the finshed job. Looks much better.
I was gonna take some outside pics but the weather is horrible here right now. Fricken hell, may 15 and its snowing.
BTW: if you're wondering I hung the rag over the licence because I was get some nasty glare from the camera flash and it was messing up my photos.