Well I drove halfway across the state to look at a 4.0 "4x4" and it was a total POS
I ended up buying the 3.0 I described above. Dealer photos are attached.
New tires were installed today. Next up (no particular order):
1) New stereo (existing one lights up when headlights are on but will not power up)
2) Fix HVAC system (only runs at high speed, check/replace resistor)
3) New wipers
4) New radiator cap (coolant seems to be leaking from existing cap)
5) Brace forward radiator (lower brackets have rusted away, radiator is not secure)
6) Change fluids (coolant and oil) power steering? brake? differential?
7) Add Yakima roof/bed rack
8) Glue shift **** (**** is loose)
9) Add quickcrete bags to rear for winter weight
10) Hang spare tire under rear (buy new retainer assembly)
11) Spark plugs/wires (on the fence here as it seems to be running very strong and idels smooth)
12) Add OBDII based gauge for RPM and other data
13) Explore swapping in a limited slip dif axle (cost?)
Any suggestions on what else to do to this truck?
Originally Posted by morris
Nice, you should come out to our annual SL trip in the. Summer. We have a couple members near you and there is anywhere from 6-12 people that show up.
Sounds like fun. Can you pull me out of the lake if needed?
Originally Posted by StxDangerRanger
Your not far from my Summer place..
Nice... I love this area of the state! I'm right on White Lake and can almost see the "big lake."